Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

PROVIDE YOUR THOUGHTS ON SINGING SECTION TRIALS

9 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Maybe they dont want to move. Maybe money is tight and they cant afford to go into a more expensive area. Maybe they are in a group where there aren't enough seats together in another area.  It's just  not right to basically turf people out of seats, that they have probably been sitting in for years.  What right does any group of fans have to basically say we want your seats, so piss off somewhere else. Being a part of the union fs doesn't make them a better fan than anyone else, and doesn't give them the right to dictate who sits in what seats.  Being someone that sings for 95 minutes doesn't make them a better fan than someone that sits on their hands for 95 minutes. Anymore than people that have supported the club for 50 years are better fans than fans who have only recently started going down the City. People support the club in their own way.  Yes it would be good to have more like minded people together, to make more noise, and at some point I hope it happens, but I'm not comfortable with a group of fans trying to dictate who sits where, and demeaning other fans for sitting in seats that they want, and telling them they should move or they will have to stand, or put up with not being able to see, despite the fact that  they've probably sat in that seat for years.  When did the Union fs become the spokespeople for our entire fan base anyway? I don't remember having a chance to vote for them to represent me!

It’s not union fs dictating where fans sit it’s more the club needs an area for the section and SK1 makes the most logistical sense. You seem to be going abit OTT and creating your own narrative regarding them being spokespeople for the whole fanbase. 

Edited by Unabomber
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

It’s not union fs dictating where fans sit it’s more the club needs an area for the section and SK1 makes the most logistical sense. 

It's being driven by Union fs, and I don't have a problem with there being a singing section, I think it would be a good thing, but not at the expense of basically forcing people out of their seats. There's not an easy solution, certainly in the short term, but at the moment I think it would be best left as it is, with the singing section for some of the cup games, and then when we have the expansion of the ground, look at it again, or ideally wait until we have a safe standing area, although I certainly do realise that wherever that area is, it will create a similar problem.

Edited to say that it may not be union fs dictating where people sit, but there are people on here a part of the union fs who are doing just that with their comments

Edited by smudger63

19 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

When did the Union fs become the spokespeople for our entire fan base anyway? I don't remember having a chance to vote for them to represent me!

Never once claimed to be. If you want to put in the hours and get your views across to the club, go for it. Have you signed up to the FCC/Your 90 Minutes etc sessions in the past?

If i haven't does that mean I don't deserve to have my say, does it mean that the other 28000 plus that haven't don't deserve to have their say. Does it mean that only the people that are signed up to it have a valid voice? 

Sorry that was for Sol Bamba to respond too 

Edited by smudger63

3 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

It's being driven by Union fs, and I don't have a problem with there being a singing section, I think it would be a good thing, but not at the expense of basically forcing people out of their seats. There's not an easy solution, certainly in the short term, but at the moment I think it would be best left as it is, with the singing section for some of the cup games, and then when we have the expansion of the ground, look at it again, or ideally wait until we have a safe standing area, although I certainly do realise that wherever that area is, it will create a similar problem.

You keep saying it driven by UFS . But what has changed at the club to all of a sudden realise that having an atmosphere is important.  I get the feeling that Brendan and the players are actually pushing for this too !

Also the club would happily move everyone around the east stand after redevelopment if revenue could be increased. 

How did Crystal Palace go about moving the Holmesdale Fanatics from the corner where they were to behind the goal? They must have just relocated all the season ticket holders already there? It shows it can be done, but there will inevitably be lots of unhappy people. 

8 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

If i haven't does that mean I don't deserve to have my say, does it mean that the other 28000 plus that haven't don't deserve to have their say. Does it mean that only the people that are signed up to it have a valid voice? 

Sorry that was for Sol Bamba to respond too 

Again, didn't say that, but everyone has the chance to input if they want to.

28 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Maybe they dont want to move. Maybe money is tight and they cant afford to go into a more expensive area. Maybe they are in a group where there aren't enough seats together in another area.  It's just  not right to basically turf people out of seats, that they have probably been sitting in for years.  What right does any group of fans have to basically say we want your seats, so piss off somewhere else. Being a part of the union fs doesn't make them a better fan than anyone else, and doesn't give them the right to dictate who sits in what seats.  Being someone that sings for 95 minutes doesn't make them a better fan than someone that sits on their hands for 95 minutes. Anymore than people that have supported the club for 50 years are better fans than fans who have only recently started going down the City. People support the club in their own way.  Yes it would be good to have more like minded people together, to make more noise, and at some point I hope it happens, but I'm not comfortable with a group of fans trying to dictate who sits where, and demeaning other fans for sitting in seats that they want, and telling them they should move or they will have to stand, or put up with not being able to see, despite the fact that  they've probably sat in that seat for years.  When did the Union fs become the spokespeople for our entire fan base anyway? I don't remember having a chance to vote for them to represent me!

You do know there are cheaper areas than Sk1, right? 

Just now, Jonaldinho said:

How did Crystal Palace go about moving the Holmesdale Fanatics from the corner where they were to behind the goal? They must have just relocated all the season ticket holders already there? It shows it can be done, but there will inevitably be lots of unhappy people. 

Ye they did, United did the same thing in the Stretford end created the TRA section as well. 

2 minutes ago, los dedos said:

You keep saying it driven by UFS . But what has changed at the club to all of a sudden realise that having an atmosphere is important.  I get the feeling that Brendan and the players are actually pushing for this too !

Also the club would happily move everyone around the east stand after redevelopment if revenue could be increased. 

I really don't think that brendan and the players could give a toss if there is a singing section. Would they like to play in a noisier atmosphere, of course they would, but I hardly think they are going to Top and saying, we need that singing section boss, get it done. We have had the whole ground rocking before, as you will know, without the singing section, so it's not all down to that, it also relates to what's going on, on the pitch, but as I keep saying, I do like the idea of a singing section, but I'm just not comfortable with chucking people out of their seats to do it. If that makes me a bad person, then send me to hell

• Like 1

I don't see the argument of people having to move if its going to make the match day experience better, I'm sure the club will lock in your seat price and make sure you find another seat in the 35,000+ that will be available.

Some people hate change and are stubborn so will be against it no matter what.

I'm sure if the club said look we are changing things around to try and improve the atmosphere no one would bat an eye lid.

6 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Again, didn't say that, but everyone has the chance to input if they want to.

I'm just one voice, and my input would not represent the fan base as a whole I'm sure, so I wouldn't be comfortable going to the club and speaking for other fans. I don't have that right.

4 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

I really don't think that brendan and the players could give a toss if there is a singing section. Would they like to play in a noisier atmosphere, of course they would, but I hardly think they are going to Top and saying, we need that singing section boss, get it done. We have had the whole ground rocking before, as you will know, without the singing section, so it's not all down to that, it also relates to what's going on, on the pitch, but as I keep saying, I do like the idea of a singing section, but I'm just not comfortable with chucking people out of their seats to do it. If that makes me a bad person, then send me to hell

How are they supposed to do it then lol

4 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

I'm just one voice, and my input would not represent the fan base as a whole I'm sure, so I wouldn't be comfortable going to the club and speaking for other fans. I don't have that right.

That's what a supporter's group is for though, to represent the views of their members to the club. It's a shame it's such an alien concept in England.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smudger63 said:

I don't think that it will come to the point of chucking people out. I would expect that most fans that don't want to be a part of the singing/standing area will be pragmatic about it and see sense. I don't think most are as stubborn and awkward as you think they are. 

I don’t know if the club would go for it because of the security implications but maybe the singing section should be in n1. There must be fans in the family stand that are no longer eligible for the family stand and have to move anyway, maybe sk1 is where they should “progress” to. That way there’s a singing section next to the away fans, who won’t interfere with L1 and it doesn’t matter if it’s not full because it’s normally half empty anyway.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I don’t know if the club would go for it because of the security implications but maybe the singing section should be in n1. There must be fans in the family stand that are no longer eligible for the family stand and have to move anyway, maybe sk1 is where they should “progress” to. That way there’s a singing section next to the away fans, who won’t interfere with L1 and it doesn’t matter if it’s not full because it’s normally half empty anyway.

you mean swap the kop for the family stand? :D

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I don't see the argument of people having to move if its going to make the match day experience better, I'm sure the club will lock in your seat price and make sure you find another seat in the 35,000+ that will be available.

Some people hate change and are stubborn so will be against it no matter what.

I'm sure if the club said look we are changing things around to try and improve the atmosphere no one would bat an eye lid.

That would be after the ground expansion the way you are talking, but that's not what alot of others are saying. They want it to happen now, when there will be less choice of seats or area for those people that would have to move.  Although again, I'm not comfortable with fans feeling pressured into moving anyway, and some of the comments on here suggesting if they don't move they will have to stand up and join in or else they won't be able to see,I find appalling. It smacks of a fan that is thinking they are the top dogs, and you do as they say and that they are better than another fan, which I don't believe is right.

Edited by smudger63
  • Like 1

Just now, smudger63 said:

That would be after the ground expansion the way you are talking, but that's not what alot of others are saying. They want it to happen now, when there will be less choice of seats or area for those people that would have to move.  Although again, I'm not comfortable with fans feeling pressured into moving anyway, and some of the comments on here suggesting if they don't move they will have to stand up and join in or else they won't be able to see,I find appalling. It smacks of a fan that is thinking they are the top dogs, and you do as they say and that they are better than another fan, which I don't belive is right.

I know what you are saying, I think after the expansion is the best way to go about it.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

It does though. 

Might be undiplomatic to say, and there will be individual reasons why some people can’t. But generally it does 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, GlennyFox55 said:

How are they supposed to do it then lol

How do I know, but it shouldn't be done before a ground expansion anyway, at the earliest. Maybe they can set up a singing section in the new stand when it's built. That would make it extremely easy and wouldnt mean moving anyone and im sure the union fs and like minded people will be happy to pay the extra dosh it will cost, because as we all know, they are the best fans at the club, the creme de la creme.

• Like 1