Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

PROVIDE YOUR THOUGHTS ON SINGING SECTION TRIALS

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

It does though. 

Might be undiplomatic to say, and there will be individual reasons why some people can’t. But generally it does 

Im sorry but It really doesn't, any more than someone who has gone down the city for 50 years is a better fan than anyone else.  They may have spent shit loads of money on the club over those years in comparison to others who have only recently started going down, but it doesn't make them a better fan. If the club is in your heart, and you go to the games, or even maybe can't get to games for whatever reason  but still love and support the club, then we are all equal to me. No fan is better than another one because they sing or they spend more money or have gone down for longer than another fan. That's my opinion anyway, not that it's worth anything :P

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

You do know there are cheaper areas than Sk1, right? 

What are not already filled with season ticket holders, that have enough seats together for a group of fans that may sit together and have gone down together for donkeys years? 

5 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Im sorry but It really doesn't, any more than someone who has gone down the city for 50 years is a better fan than anyone else.  They may have spent shit loads of money on the club over those years in comparison to others who have only recently started going down, but it doesn't make them a better fan. If the club is in your heart, and you go to the games, or even maybe can't get to games for whatever reason  but still love and support the club, then we are all equal to me. No fan is better than another one because they sing or they spend more money or have gone down for longer than another fan. That's my opinion anyway, not that it's worth anything :P

I’m taking what you said out of context- Obviously the older supporters have ‘done their time’ and I’d never look “down” on someone older than me who’s not singing

But if you’re 40 or below, you’re there to sing first and foremost. That’s how I see it. 

26 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

I'm just one voice, and my input would not represent the fan base as a whole I'm sure, so I wouldn't be comfortable going to the club and speaking for other fans. I don't have that right.

So let me get this right. 

UFS shouldn't represent their members views because they don't represent the entire fanbase but you don't want to give your opinion because you don't either. So I think it'd fair to say you're suggesting nobody should share any opinions with the club ever? 

We had that with the FoxesTrust and Leicester City Supporters Club which achieved a grand total of nothing. 

15 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

How do I know, but it shouldn't be done before a ground expansion anyway, at the earliest. Maybe they can set up a singing section in the new stand when it's built. That would make it extremely easy and wouldnt mean moving anyone and im sure the union fs and like minded people will be happy to pay the extra dosh it will cost, because as we all know, they are the best fans at the club, the creme de la creme.

Come on now, act your age. Literally these jibes get thrown around with no substance whatsoever.

You have made your points over many posts but the barbs like this just end up looking ridiculous.

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I’m taking what you said out of context- Obviously the older supporters have ‘done their time’ and I’d never look “down” on someone older than me who’s not singing

But if you’re 40 or below, you’re there to sing first and foremost. That’s how I see it. 

Well I'm well over 40 lol,and yes Ive done plenty of singing over the years, still do in fact, but I can't agree that you have to sing if you're younger. People are entitled to support the club however they wish. I don't consider myself a better fan because I sing and stomp my feet and tell the referee he pleasures himself very loudlylol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Come on now, act your age. Literally these jibes get thrown around with no substance whatsoever.

You have made your points over many posts but the barbs like this just end up looking ridiculous.

Says you :giggle:

7 minutes ago, Jackubu said:

So let me get this right. 

UFS shouldn't represent their members views because they don't represent the entire fanbase but you don't want to give your opinion because you don't either. So I think it'd fair to say you're suggesting nobody should share any opinions with the club ever? 

We had that with the FoxesTrust and Leicester City Supporters Club which achieved a grand total of nothing. 

I'm sure that union fs do indeed represent their members views, what they don't do is represent the views of the whole fanbase, which they seem to believe they do.  

Just now, smudger63 said:

I'm sure that union fs do indeed represent their members views, what they don't do is represent the views of the whole fanbase, which they seem to believe they do.  

I think you’re the only one that thinks that :giggle:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Whilst I'm enjoying your amusing accusations. If only they had done public surveys followed by the club doing their own alongside open forums for people to get involved in. 

4 minutes ago, KFS said:

Won’t contribute to the atmosphere by being vocal and now won’t move to accommodate those that will. This is the entitled, lazy mass of people that our fans have become. 

Don’t even @ me on this if you disagree because just like you, I’m selfishly in denial of anyone else’s opinion. 

And stop going after the lads in UFS. Bothers me that in England anyone trying to do something progressive and improve things are usually met with this type of moaning, negative reaction. 

Absolute selfish cry-babies.

Firstly I'm not affected by the singing section, it doesn't impact me, secondly i do sing and am vocal when I'm down the City, and as for union fs, if they stopped behaving like they are Billy big bollocks, and the only true fans because they want to be would be ultras, maybe I would hold a different opinion of them.  I could say more, but I don't want to be controversial :giggle:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jackubu said:

Whilst I'm enjoying your amusing accusations. If only they had done public surveys followed by the club doing their own alongside open forums for people to get involved in. 

You got it jack, keep on keeping on  me duck 😉 

3 hours ago, smudger63 said:

I've no affiliation to them but I don't get that impression at all. Do you have an example where they have tried to represent us all?

4 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

It does though. 

Might be undiplomatic to say, and there will be individual reasons why some people can’t. But generally it does 

100% it does. Might hurt a couple of peoples feelings but if you’re attempting to affect the players on the pitch more than another individual you are a better supporter 

OK, I have  number of people quoting me since the last time I was on here, and to be honest i can't really be bothered to go back and read everything, and reply to it all, so I will leave this thread with this.  In amongst all the banter, I actually solved the problem of the singing section, maybe some of you have picked up on what a fantastic idea I've come up with, maybe you haven't. I really can't be arsed to go back and read all your enlightened replies, but if you have picked up on what a genius Idea I came up with, then fair play to you, well done.

So what is this genius idea I hear the masses, who have not yet picked up on the genius idea yet, say in unison. Well settle down boys and girls and I will enlighten you. I'm afraid it will take a little patience, something that may be in short supply amongst a few of you, but the answers extremely easy to solve. As I said earlier, it will have to wait for the ground extension, but once its done there will be another 8000 new seats that have no one in them. Fantastic, that means loads of room for a singing section, and you wont have to move anyone who dont want to be moved. I know that will involve the union fs and like minded people to relocate, and pay a bit extra for their ticket, but I'm sure that won't be a problem to those people,  because that's exactly what they want other fans to do now, even if they may not actually want too.  I know, I know, you are all thinking fvck me, how did I not think of that, its genius! Well here's the even more genius bit, the singing section in the sparkling new stand extension can be placed above L1, so an even bigger singing section, and next to the away fans too.  Simples ain't it.  It's OK though peeps, you don't have thank me for sorting it. In fact if someone wants to claim this genius idea for themselves, be my guest, I'm not here for the kudos, I'm happy to just be an every day average city fan who loves his club. :scarf:

Edited by smudger63

4 hours ago, los dedos said:

Imagine they'll be an article in the Mecury with a group of sad faced season ticket holder moaning if some get moved .🤣

Probably sad they won't be able to rip holes in tifo's anymore. 

29 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

OK, I have  number of people quoting me since the last time I was on here, and to be honest i can't really be bothered to go back and read everything, and reply to it all, so I will leave this thread with this.  In amongst all the banter, I actually solved the problem of the singing section, maybe some of you have picked up on what a fantastic idea I've come up with, maybe you haven't. I really can't be arsed to go back and read all your enlightened replies, but if you have picked up on what a genius Idea I came up with, then fair play to you, well done.

So what is this genius idea I hear the masses, who have not yet picked up on the genius idea yet, say in unison. Well settle down boys and girls and I will enlighten you. I'm afraid it will take a little patience, something that may be in short supply amongst a few of you, but the answers extremely easy to solve. As I said earlier, it will have to wait for the ground extension, but once its done there will be another 8000 new seats that have no one in them. Fantastic, that means loads of room for a singing section, and you wont have to move anyone who dont want to be moved. I know that will involve the union fs and like minded people to relocate, and pay a bit extra for their ticket, but I'm sure that won't be a problem to those people,  because that's exactly what they want other fans to do now, even if they may not actually want too.  I know, I know, you are all thinking fvck me, how did I not think of that, its genius! Well here's the even more genius bit, the singing section in the sparkling new stand extension can be placed above L1, so an even bigger singing section, and next to the away fans too.  Simples ain't it.  It's OK though peeps, you don't have thank me for sorting it. In fact if someone wants to claim this genius idea for themselves, be my guest, I'm not here for the kudos, I'm happy to just be an every day average city fan who loves his club. :scarf:

An expansion of L1 or anywhere near the away fans will not be permitted due to security reasons. That's been discussed elsewhere. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smudger63 said:

We already have thousands of seats not occupied by ST holders. 

28 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

We already have thousands of seats not occupied by ST holders. 

Are you poo pooing my genius idea :P.  Around 6000 empty seats i reckon, but the point is you are wanting to move people who may not want to move. Wait until the new expansion, is not too long to wait, and you don't have to move anyone who doesn't want to move because they will all be brand new sparkly seats with no one in them when they go on sale, so youre not upsetting other fans by bullying them out of seats they may have been in for many years, plus if they make the singing section above L1, then it's a bigger singing section, and will be able to make even more noise. I thought that was the idea?

Edited to say sorry Deb, Spud has informed me that the club won't let a new singing section be above L1, next to the away fans, and I bow to his superior knowledge. It doesn't change the fact that the singing section somewhere in the new extension would be an easy solution, and wouldn't mean upsetting current season ticket holders who may not want to move. Plus as I've pointed out to Spud  with 8000 new seats for sale, all in one stand, the club may even give you more seats for the section, than they currently would be able to do in sk1, if you ask nicely. 😀 

Edited by smudger63

7 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Are you poo pooing my genius idea :P.  Around 6000 empty seats i reckon, but the point is you are wanting to move people who may not want to move. Wait until the new expansion, is not too long to wait, and you don't have to move anyone who doesn't want to move because they will all be brand new sparkly seats with no one in them when they go on sale, so youre not upsetting other fans by bullying them out of seats they may have been in for many years, plus if they make the singing section above L1, then it's a bigger singing section, and will be able to make even more noise. I thought that was the idea? 

To do that the away fans will have to he moved. Not sure how many times this has to he stated.