Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

PROVIDE YOUR THOUGHTS ON SINGING SECTION TRIALS

36 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

An expansion of L1 or anywhere near the away fans will not be permitted due to security reasons. That's been discussed elsewhere. 

OK if that is the case, put the singing section in the middle of the new extension, or down the other end then. Where ever your heart desires. You will still have your new singing section, and can probably ask for more seats for the section as well than you currently can, in an area that is currently full of season ticket holders who may not want to move.  Seems an easy problem to solve to me. You wont be upsetting anyone either. Surely that should be the number one priority. I know the new seats will cost extra, and it will mean relocating, but surely that won't be a concern, as that's what you're asking other fans to do, so you must feel like that's OK.

5 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

To do that the away fans will have to he moved. Not sure how many times this has to he stated. 

Sorry I saw debs post and responded to hers before I saw yours spud. I've responded to yours now too. :thumbup:

6 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

OK if that is the case, put the singing section in the middle of the new extension, or down the other end then. Where ever your heart desires. You will still have your new singing section, and can probably ask for more seats for the section as well than you currently can, in an area that is currently full of season ticket holders who may not want to move.  Seems an easy problem to solve to me. You wont be upsetting anyone either. Surely that should be the number one priority. I know the new seats will cost extra, and it will mean relocating, but surely that won't be a concern, as that's what you're asking other fans to do, so you must feel like that's OK.

I get the impression the club wants the new structure to be the showcase stand and won't want a large (possibly rail seated) area either below or above the premium executive suites. 

2 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I get the impression the club wants the new structure to be the showcase stand and won't want a large (possibly rail seated) area either below or above the premium executive suites. 

Youre just trying to stop me feeling like a genius now ain't you Spud, you little devil lol

Waiting for the new stand to be built isn’t good enough imo. I’ve been losing interest in home games due to the second hand embarrassment of what our home matchdays involve.  

Delighted that the club have been more open to improving the worst atmosphere in the Premier League. 

Sure, there’ll be some fans that may have to move, but to make an omelette you have to break some eggs. Fans based in L1 and P1 have to move for FA Cup ties, due to large allocations. Moving a 50 yards to the left isn’t that big a deal.

I might be wrong, but aren’t the prices all the same across the Kop? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Waiting for the new stand to be built isn’t good enough imo. I’ve been losing interest in home games due to the second hand embarrassment of what our home matchdays involve.  

Delighted that the club have been more open to improving the worst atmosphere in the Premier League. 

Sure, there’ll be some fans that may have to move, but to make an omelette you have to break some eggs. Fans based in L1 and P1 have to move for FA Cup ties, due to large allocations. Moving a 50 yards to the left isn’t that big a deal.

I might be wrong, but aren’t the prices all the same across the Kop? 

Nope sk1 is the cheapest season ticket in the ground. 

7 hours ago, smudger63 said:

I'm sure that union fs do indeed represent their members views, what they don't do is represent the views of the whole fanbase, which they seem to believe they do.  

You do realise the club put this out to the whole fan base and clearly they’ve got positive reaction as they’ve said. So it seems you’re in the minority here 

Number one priority for anyone going to watch their team play surely has to be what can I do to help my team get over the line. Not ‘can’t wait to hear what Jon and Dot got up to over the weekend. 

Seems to me our ground is currently filled with the latter and fair play to the club for trying to do something about it.

• Like 1

At the end of the day all that matters is we create a better atmosphere. If people have to move then so be it. Can’t see anyone disagreeing with that. Something clearly needs to be done. Credit to those who sacrifice themselves and move for the greater good, we salute you and will always remember what you did. 

Edited by Unabomber
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, smudger63 said:

Im sorry but It really doesn't, any more than someone who has gone down the city for 50 years is a better fan than anyone else.  They may have spent shit loads of money on the club over those years in comparison to others who have only recently started going down, but it doesn't make them a better fan. If the club is in your heart, and you go to the games, or even maybe can't get to games for whatever reason  but still love and support the club, then we are all equal to me. No fan is better than another one because they sing or they spend more money or have gone down for longer than another fan. That's my opinion anyway, not that it's worth anything :P

I think "better" is the subjective bit there. I had a spell of about 12 years where I couldn't get a ST because of work and have now had one for about 8 or 9 years. My level of support hasn't changed. Being there more often hasn't made me a "better" fan BUT the issue is atmosphere at the games and if you follow the side home & away and spend £££s doing so I do believe you have a better understanding of what makes the atmosphere better and what can improve it.

24 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Are you sure? I thought it was the West Stand corners (A2 & C2)? 

Sk1 used to be in something called just the ticket JTT that provided the cheapest seats mine was costing 280 a year. Not sure if that's still the case though to be fair. 

Maybe not the whole of Sk1 but certainly some of if. 

Edited by The whole world smiles

22 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Sk1 used to be in something called just the ticket JTT that provided the cheapest seats mine was costing 280 a year. Not sure if that's still the case though to be fair. 

Maybe not the whole of Sk1 but certainly some of if. 

Seems that all sections of the Kop are the same adult price now. 

Pricing.jpg

1 hour ago, K1FOX said:

You do realise the club put this out to the whole fan base and clearly they’ve got positive reaction as they’ve said. So it seems you’re in the minority here 

Yes i did know the club has put it out to the whole fan base, but ive not heard the clubs response to it yet, so if you've  already been told by the club how they view their findings, I bow to your superior knowledge. Well done for being so well informed

12 hours ago, smudger63 said:

Maybe they dont want to move. Maybe money is tight and they cant afford to go into a more expensive area. Maybe they are in a group where there aren't enough seats together in another area.  It's just  not right to basically turf people out of seats, that they have probably been sitting in for years.  What right does any group of fans have to basically say we want your seats, so piss off somewhere else. Being a part of the union fs doesn't make them a better fan than anyone else, and doesn't give them the right to dictate who sits in what seats.  Being someone that sings for 95 minutes doesn't make them a better fan than someone that sits on their hands for 95 minutes. Anymore than people that have supported the club for 50 years are better fans than fans who have only recently started going down the City. People support the club in their own way.  Yes it would be good to have more like minded people together, to make more noise, and at some point I hope it happens, but I'm not comfortable with a group of fans trying to dictate who sits where, and demeaning other fans for sitting in seats that they want, and telling them they should move or they will have to stand, or put up with not being able to see, despite the fact that  they've probably sat in that seat for years.  When did the Union fs become the spokespeople for our entire fan base anyway? I don't remember having a chance to vote for them to represent me!

Don’t forget - if you stand and sing songs for 90 mins that 20 people know the words to, sung at 50 miles an hour you are a better fan than the rest of us. You are also a better fan of you spend hours on end making a tifo. There is one good thing the Fosse UFS do, and that’s the food bank set up. 

Aside from that, however much you try, we won’t be a Napoli and there is a reason the singing section at the top of SK1 hasn’t grown over the years. We had some

little white bits of paper in a sandwich bag a few years ago ffs. Not a chance fans will be turfed out their seats this coming season 

24 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Don’t forget - if you stand and sing songs for 90 mins that 20 people know the words to, sung at 50 miles an hour you are a better fan than the rest of us. You are also a better fan of you spend hours on end making a tifo. There is one good thing the Fosse UFS do, and that’s the food bank set up. 

Aside from that, however much you try, we won’t be a Napoli and there is a reason the singing section at the top of SK1 hasn’t grown over the years. We had some

little white bits of paper in a sandwich bag a few years ago ffs. Not a chance fans will be turfed out their seats this coming season 

Hasn’t grown because there’s been no seats available for people to want to join in which is why there are a lot of people gathering on the steps.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Songs that 20 people know. Why is that? Because of people like you who refuse to sing them due to your ‘agendas’. 

In an ideal world there would be no need for organisation or a fan group and sections because we would have loud and passionate fans who want to do their bit in the stands but unfortunately for whatever reason we do not seem to have a lot of fans like that and therefore this is something which is necessary. If the club are taking notice and want something doing then it must be really bad in there.

Anyway, this doesn’t need to and shouldn’t become a polarising issue, it’s all about improving the atmosphere for all, i think everyone know there needs to be a proper home section on top of what we have already have  in L1.

Theres always going to plenty fans who just want to watch the footy.

Important thing is we accommodate everyone.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Yes, we're reading it right in this thread.

12 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Are you sure? I thought it was the West Stand corners (A2 & C2)? 

Correct. I am in C2. £365 a season. However, I would more than happily pay more to be in a singing section and improve the atmosphere because I, like many, am starting to lose interest which is sad.

6 hours ago, GlennyFox55 said:

Anyway, this doesn’t need to and shouldn’t become a polarising issue, it’s all about improving the atmosphere for all, i think everyone know there needs to be a proper home section on top of what we have already have  in L1.

Theres always going to plenty fans who just want to watch the footy.

Important thing is we accommodate everyone.

I always expect polarising arguments on topics like this, just a shame it's become shit throwing rather than anything constructive. 

Whatever happens, a section of fans will be irked or annoyed. Just down to the club to sort out how to appease them.

I can see the singing section set for all cup games or brought in for the odd league game here and there. Just hopeful it's given more shots to prove itself.