Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sambiasso

History Makers: The Story Of Leicester City’s FA Cup Glory 🦊

1 hour ago, bovril said:

It was an amazing day. The four defeats have always been such a huge part of our history and I think a lot of us will have grown up with stories of those finals. So I feel immensely proud to have seen them lift the cup finally, it means as much as the PL in my opinion. 

Here here.  

• Like 2

Getting to a europeon semi was great, and kept our season going, and I desperately wanted us to win it once we were in it, but in all fairness, if we had, it would have been a reward for our failure in the europa league. I really don't believe teams should go into another competition if they fail in the one they started in.  10th or 9th will just about be acceptable given the injuries we've had, although it has felt like a pretty dismal season on the whole. 

• Like 1

My old teacher at Beauchamp College was a West Ham fan and he told us about a recurring dream of his team winning the FA Cup but he was outside Wembley, with a ticket, but couldn't get in. 

That dream was concerning. What if that actually happened to me? Well it did, partially, in that I couldn't get in because I didn't have enough priority points and I was still massively worried about covid after nearly succumbing to it 12 months before. 

It didn't stop the emotional relief for me having to watch it at home but I wasn't there. I got nervous, I cheered, I shouted, I cried the same as most but I'll be gutted 'til my dying day that I wasn't inside Wembley that day. 

It doesn't make me any less proud to finally have our name engraved on it. My uncle that saw us lose in 4 finals at Wembley and is no longer with us, that was for you.

Until the next time, and I will be there no matter what. 

• Like 3

Guest David Oldfields Gate
2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

My old teacher at Beauchamp College was a West Ham fan and he told us about a recurring dream of his team winning the FA Cup but he was outside Wembley, with a ticket, but couldn't get in. 

That dream was concerning. What if that actually happened to me? Well it did, partially, in that I couldn't get in because I didn't have enough priority points and I was still massively worried about covid after nearly succumbing to it 12 months before. 

It didn't stop the emotional relief for me having to watch it at home but I wasn't there. I got nervous, I cheered, I shouted, I cried the same as most but I'll be gutted 'til my dying day that I wasn't inside Wembley that day. 

It doesn't make me any less proud to finally have our name engraved on it. My uncle that saw us lose in 4 finals at Wembley and is no longer with us, that was for you.

Until the next time, and I will be there no matter what. 

I wouldn't worry, I wasn't there either, I was quite happy watching it with my dad and kids, three generations of city fan. I decided I'd rather be home with them than at Wembley without.

Got to admit after the FA Cup match this season i really did feel as low as i ever have about our club. I know it didn't compare to League One or Wycombe but it was the first time i had a realisation that the players on the pitch really don't represent the fans. It meant everything to us and they didn't seem to care. 

But after the dust has settled, i suppose it's just another part of this crazy story. You really cannot compare our journey as a club to anyone. Even before the Premier League win it was always incredible highs and lows like no other. 

Watching that i literally burst into tears. That moment flooded back. The feeling that my club had done it. Cardiff, Watford, all those moments i felt like my heart had been ripped out. It was all worth it. 

Thank you lads. Will never forget it

• Like 3

20 hours ago, bovril said:

It was an amazing day. The four defeats have always been such a huge part of our history and I think a lot of us will have grown up with stories of those finals. So I feel immensely proud to have seen them lift the cup finally, it means as much as the PL in my opinion. 

My old man has spent most of my life talking about the Man City final loss and the cup run before it. Was a big part of his footballing youth. 

First time I've seen him near tears in years was when we won the cup. To share that experience with him was massive. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

My old man has spent most of my life talking about the Man City final loss and the cup run before it. Was a big part of his footballing youth. 

First time I've seen him near tears in years was when we won the cup. To share that experience with him was massive. 

Sounds exactly like my dad. Except we were all in tears. My mum won’t let me play the bochelli video any more cause my dads bottom lip starts quivering straightaway as does mine. 

• Like 1