Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Norwich Match Thread

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

It isn’t turd.

Its turd defensively. They could have literally scored three this half. And this is Norwich…

Going forward we’ve made lots of chances and Angus Gunn has pulled out some top saves.

We are a whisker away from giving someone a drubbing

But defensively, we look like conceding yet again

Aka our season in 45 mins of football 

Sorry mate but we are nowhere near giving anyone a drubbing

• Like 3

It isn’t turd.

Its turd defensively. They could have literally scored three this half. And this is Norwich…

Going forward we’ve made lots of chances and Angus Gunn has pulled out some top saves.

We are a whisker away from giving someone a drubbing

But defensively, we look like conceding yet again

Aka our season in 45 mins of football 

I wouldn't strictly agree. Sure we've created chances today against a bottom of the league, down and out, low confidence, already relegated club, but we've been creating very little in most of our other games. Using our forward play against Norwich should not be a marker for quality. 

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, Lako42 said:

Sorry mate but we are nowhere near giving anyone a drubbing

We’ve had 15 shots in 45 mins of football

It just ain’t going in!

Ruining my over 2.5 goals bet!

Gunn can fook off!

1 minute ago, Molson Canadian said:

"I always say a squad is like a good meal. I'm not a great cook, but a good meal takes a wee bit of time. But also, to offer a good meal, you need good ingredients." - Brendan Rodgers

Give me good ingredients and I’ll still burn it and make a mess of it. 

• Haha 3

"I always say a squad is like a good meal. I'm not a great cook, but a good meal takes a wee bit of time. But also, to offer a good meal, you need good ingredients." - Brendan Rodgers

If he cooks you a meal prepare for an evening of projectile vomiting 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Is he saying he his not a great manager?? Because he is right.

• Like 1

Just now, surrifox said:

Ok .HT . Let’s see how our Brendan makes the necessary changes to win this game given the respective playing strength of these two sides, the fact that Norwich are down and demoralised and we are at home . 

Probs will shore things up at the back and make them slow down the attack.

2 minutes ago, Molson Canadian said:

We are a doner kebab brendan

• Haha 2

We’ve had 15 shots in 45 mins of football

And scored zero goals.

Also, this is the worst team in the league by a country mile, not sure which team will be making it easier for us where we will give them a drubbing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Somehow people seem to be forgetting we have had our own really good chances we haven't scored from... apparently they don't count or something?

I agree, it does feel like an overreaction. We look much better going forward. However, it is against Norwich.

What is a massive concern is how good we're making them look in attack. We might as well just stop on the half way like and run the rest of the pitch at Kaspar. He's the only defensive player keeping us in this at the moment. Horrendous.

6 minutes ago, Molson Canadian said:

Nice try but that's a well known David Brent quote.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We were decent opening 25-30 mins but those final 15 mins were back to players not running with the ball, awfully weighted passes with poor accuracy and a general lack of urgency and confidence.

For all the goals we may have had that half, Norwich could have had as many. These are the worst team in the league and matching us. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Are we really not smashing these? It's embarrassing.

We should never assume we'll smash a team. Norwich have ability, they're just not good enough to stay in the league.

We, on the other hand, are making it look like they did have the ability to stay in the league all along.