Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Schmeichel

Just now, peterborofox said:

Ben Foster got a club? 👀

Genuinely would take the bloke as a second option to start the season. 

Partly because of the insight you would get of the club from his podcastslol

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, ronnup said:

Losing Kasper is one thing , but losing him and playing Ward terrifies me

Kasper is still miles ahead of ward, so it won’t be good at all. I don’t begrudge kasper his move but honestly we do need to sign a proper number one 

Fully agree @Pliskin bit silly to get pissy when Kasper was inevitably going to leave either this summer or next.

If fans took the time to weigh up the goalkeeping situation, they might end up warming to potentially having either Ward & Iversen in goal for at least one season.

Kasper moving has come at an awkward time in the transfer window, ideal replacements such as Pope, Henderson, Bazunu have moved elsewhere, but it’s extremely difficult to find the perfect keeper. Some goalkeepers excel at shot stopping, some excel at commanding the box, some excel at distribution. 

With too much time on my hands the other day, I looked into many keepers, from an overall goalkeeping perspective not many peaked my interest. We were linked with Sanchez, but £40 million for a goalkeeper who has his faults, I’d rather pass. The likes of Lafont, Vlachodimos, Leno & Meret are all far from perfect too. 

Stick with Iversen & Ward, strengthen in areas more important, then reassess the situation next summer 👍🏻

• Like 1

Kasper has been a great servant and  a great shot stopper, but consider this, age is not on his side and his command of the box in my eyes was one of the poorest in the prem. Add to that the  his questionable distribution and it’s any wonder our defense craps themselves whenever a corner is conceded. To me it’s how many goals has he saved compared to have cost us by putting doubt in other defenders minds.

What’s the point of not having faith in youngsters like Iverson who when at Preston he did all that was asked of him.

Ward has had a reasonable chance and not looked that great. Hopefully Iversen starts the season. I’d not be overly disappointed with that. 

We have been linked with some dross replacements, Lafont is the only one I’d be happy with of the names linked. 

edit: agree with others someone pushing 40 will come in as backup, and I’d be happy with Foster 

Edited by FoxesWalk

Just now, mazarron fox said:

Kasper has been a great servant and  a great shot stopper, but consider this, age is not on his side and his command of the box in my eyes was one of the poorest in the prem. Add to that the  his questionable distribution and it’s any wonder our defense craps themselves whenever a corner is conceded. To me it’s how many goals has he saved compared to have cost us by putting doubt in other defenders minds.

What’s the point of not having faith in youngsters like Iverson who when at Preston he did all that was asked of him.

Kasper has saved us far more points than cost us that is for sure