Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Schmeichel

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

This'll be much harder however, with Ward apparently still recovering from whatever his injury was. 

However Ward needs to be playing to be sure of his place in the Wales World Cup squad so wouldn’t be shocked to see a move to the Championship either on loan or on a permanent move in next couple of weeks 

2 minutes ago, sdb said:

You don't know what you've got till it's gone. 

Even when they've captained you in European semi finals and won the Premier league...

Personally unsure I want to throw some kid with zero top flight experience between the sticks at the last minute!

25 year old "kid", who's been one of the outstanding players for his team in the championship for 2 seasons lol

• Like 1

There is another thing to factor in to this, Kasper is an absolute legend here, however both he and the club will be mindful of how his exit from the club is managed, it is clearly obvious he is still ambitious and wants to play at highest possible level, but he is now on that downward journey towards retirement and I very much doubt either he or the club will want to see such a club legends career dwindle away. Now seems like the natural time for him to leave whilst still in the highest regard but with an opportunity to extend his career and not leaving to join a rival and tarnish his legacy here. 

For him to leave this summer on good terms with the club and fans etc like is being reported is paramount to him then it has to work for all parties. He is our biggest earner with Vardy (except Rodgers) so in terms of that predicament for us it's going to be tempting. 

Nice are an ambitious club with a ridiculously wealthy British owner and a manager whom I could see Schmeichel wanting to work with, it could well happen this.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

25 year old "kid", who's been one of the outstanding players for his team in the championship for 2 seasons lol

Dont think he was on about Iverson. Who has not been outstanding in pre season

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tylesta said:

Dont think he was on about Iverson. Who has not been outstanding in pre season

Apologies to @sdb if you meant (I'm gonna be a man and guess without googling) Stolzycark :D

I'd be uneasy throwing him in when there's Iverson and Ward ahead of him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Hes on 130k a week apparently. So that and a 5m-10m fee would allow a 20m spend and 60k a week over 5 years easily.

Raya at brentford is on 25k a week for example with 2 years remaining. Sanchez on 18k with 3 years remaining.

Yet the rumours were Brighton wanted something close to 50 million. No way we chuck that at a keeper. What we doing selling our 1 widget to Newcastle to pay the fee.

Let the 2 young lads have one more season of development if they are anywhere vlose to being consider good keepers then in a years time give them a chance. 

For me Danny Ward is never gonna be a number 1. I'd sell him and have the 2 others around the squad, if ward is staying then get them both out on loan with a recall clause.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Makes sense for all parties if true. A large part of the defensive issue is the fact Kasper just can’t command a box. Does not fit what is needed in the modern keeper at all. 

A refresh is needed. 

I can’t remember any our keepers of the last 30 odd years being a commanding keeper, especially with regards to coming and claiming crosses.

in my opinion kasper has been our best keeper without a doubt over those years.

Our defensive issues are down to tactical coaching, awareness and also how we set up at set pieces with regards to zonal or man marking.

2 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Yet the rumours were Brighton wanted something close to 50 million. No way we chuck that at a keeper. What we doing selling our 1 widget to Newcastle to pay the fee.

Let the 2 young lads have one more season of development if they are anywhere vlose to being consider good keepers then in a years time give them a chance. 

For me Danny Ward is never gonna be a number 1. I'd sell him and have the 2 others around the squad, if ward is staying then get them both out on loan with a recall clause.

Young lads Iverson is 25!!

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

For him to leave this summer on good terms with the club and fans etc like is being reported is paramount to him then it has to work for all parties. He is our biggest earner with Vardy (except Rodgers) so in terms of that predicament for us it's going to be tempting. 

Nice are an ambitious club with a ridiculously wealthy British owner and a manager whom I could see Schmeichel wanting to work with, it could well happen this.

Then he should bring Stowell with him as 10 years of cooperation has not made Kasper better getting out for crosses nor has his distribution improved......

• Haha 2

On 23/07/2022 at 21:02, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Danny Ward's name should never be uttered in the same sentence as replacement. Unless that sentence is "Danny Ward would be a shite replacement"

He simply isn't very good at all

It amazes me how many are just willing to accept a blatant downgrade.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Didn't realise Favre had gone back there.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
26 minutes ago, Corky said:

Not being able to give him a proper send off will be a huge shame if he does go soon.

It won’t just be a shame, it’d be a travesty. Kasper is a hero (not one of these nonsense ‘cult heroes’ btw), but a proper hero who has been with us through thick and thin for years. He’s been almost ever-present, has kept himself fit and looks to have never complained about anything very much. He’s a Leicester legend. 
When he finally leaves the club, he needs to exit to a fanfare of well-wishes and thanks. 
What a fookin star this man is to LCFC

63B4735A-4082-4A2C-9E91-17B1027F32EB.jpeg

Edited by Col city fan

Will go down as a true club legend and our best ever keeper but if the deal makes financial sense given his wages I wouldnt begrudge him moving on. We need a refresh at the back and getting a keeper that can command the area without upsetting Kasper would be a huge bonus. 

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Dames said:

Will go down as a true club legend and our best ever keeper but if the deal makes financial sense given his wages I wouldnt begrudge him moving on. We need a refresh at the back and getting a keeper that can command the area without upsetting Kasper would be a huge bonus. 

I would agree with that. If any deal is secured which is best for both parties it’d be the right thing to do.

It’d be dead weird though not seeing Schmeichel running out the tunnel with the rest of them.

I don’t think anyone is arguing he should be our number 1 but he is going to leave in the next season or 2 anyway…it’s just speeding up something that is going to happen anyway in order to help us strengthen in other areas now. 

I wouldn’t be worried at all with iversen as our number 1 but I know i’m in the minority 

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

I don’t think anyone is arguing he should be our number 1 but he is going to leave in the next season or 2 anyway…it’s just speeding up something that is going to happen anyway in order to help us strengthen in other areas now. 

I wouldn’t be worried at all with iversen as our number 1 but I know i’m in the minority 

I just think Iverson needs confidence and to step out of the shadow of schmeichel would do him the world of good. I'd still prefer schmeichel to stay though.