Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Schmeichel

1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

I just think Iverson needs confidence and to step out of the shadow of schmeichel would do him the world of good. I'd still prefer schmeichel to stay though.

I'm fine with Kasper leaving. I don't feel we can revamp how we defend with Kasper's style of play.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

I suppose I just assumed Kasper would go at the end of his contract and we'd see him and Vardy leave together, side by side as we all get something in our eye. 

If he goes now, he can't do it without having a last goodbye. 

Vardy's got another 2+ seasons here surely.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dames said:

Will go down as a true club legend and our best ever keeper but if the deal makes financial sense given his wages I wouldnt begrudge him moving on. We need a refresh at the back and getting a keeper that can command the area without upsetting Kasper would be a huge bonus. 

No way is he our best ever keeper, he's miles behind Banks & Shilton. I'll have no problem with him leaving as we badly need a goalie who will command the area

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

No way is he our best ever keeper, he's miles behind Banks & Shilton. I'll have no problem with him leaving as we badly need a goalie who will command the area

Wallington and Flowers better IMO too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Wallington and Flowers better IMO too.

Flowers was like a one man team at times, absolutely unbelievable keeper and was gobsmacked we were able to get him when we did

At times I thought some of the kicks out of his hands could even clear the Carling Stand, they were huge.

11 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Yet the rumours were Brighton wanted something close to 50 million. No way we chuck that at a keeper. What we doing selling our 1 widget to Newcastle to pay the fee.

Let the 2 young lads have one more season of development if they are anywhere vlose to being consider good keepers then in a years time give them a chance. 

For me Danny Ward is never gonna be a number 1. I'd sell him and have the 2 others around the squad, if ward is staying then get them both out on loan with a recall clause.

He's basically a reincarnated Conrad Logan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angus Scott said:

Did any of them win the League or FA Cup with Leicester? 

On achievements alone he is our best ever and on talent he is also up there. Granted his command of the area isnt great but he wouldnt be playing for Leicester otherwise.

• Like 1

It’s a year too early. It makes complete sense for him to move on at the end of the season, by which time we’ll have freed up a lot of wages as contracts expire… some of which can be used to buy a new starting keeper like Sanchez.

Would love him to just come out and say it’s his last year here so we know where we stand and can plan him a proper send-off. 

31 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Just hope that we get him, Wes and Vardy a testimonial.

Testimonial's were designed to give poorly paid players of yesteryear a decent lump sum when they retired. I don't think today's players,, with massive wages & signing on fees, need help to keep them solvent in later life