Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Schmeichel

The more and more I look at this, after initially dismissing it, it makes more sense as a huge wage earner with his contract up, the money could be used towards 2 or 3 new signings.

Hate the thought of Schmeichel not being in goal for us though, he's been such an iconic player for us, a genuine legend of the football club.

14 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Given the amount of dough he’s on it would be make perfect sense to move him on as soon as possible. Can quite easily replace him with a keeper who is as good if not better for half the money he’s on. 

lol You're in for a shock. 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, pmcla26 said:

If he does go I see Raya coming in from Brentford.

I reckon so

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Babylon said:

Is he on a million a week or something?

Hes our second highest paid player mate. Hes on a fortune for a keeper.

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

But then a new keeper is going to be 20m or so surely?

Is this because we've got the transfer fee but we haven't got the spare wages vs. turnover?

Be gutted if he goes.

I would have thought we'd promote Ward to no.1 with Iversen as backup?

Others on here may have more informed opinions on Ward's quality of course!

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Hes our second highest paid player mate. Hes on a fortune for a keeper.

And a decent replacement will cost a lot in wages too. We will probably trim the wage budget a bit by selling him and replacing him, but not by as much as you think.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Babylon said:

£120k a week is enough to pay for THREE signings?

Two possibly. Assuming we get 5m for him and his wages paid in full.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, ClaphamFox said:

And a decent replacement will cost a lot in wages too. We will probably trim the wage budget a bit by selling him and replacing him, but not by as much as you think.

Have a look at the keepers in the prem and see how much they're paid....

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

He will stay until his contracts ends, I'm sure. He would have to force something. 

Might have the blessing of the club, good relationship with top and don’t think they would stand in his way if this is what he wants,

Apparently no fee - does suggest to me the whole “we are fine for paying transfer fee’s but just need to get wages off the books” is true

Also looks like we are going for a new player rather than Ward/Iversen

The Leicester goalkeeper is an ambitious but accessible target because he has, according to our information, agreed to join the Azure club. Although the Dane (35) is under contract until 2023 with Leicester, where he has been playing since 2011, he is able to sign for free in a foreign team this summer, provided that the Foxes find him a replacement. They have not yet succeeded and this is what is currently blocking the arrival of Peter Schmeichel's son on the Côte d'Azur.

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Kasper-schmeichel-d-accord-pour-rejoindre-nice-mais-leicester-doit-encore-trouver-son-remplacant/1345459

Edited by moore_94