Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Schmeichel

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

Two possibly. Assuming we get 5m for him and his wages paid in full.

We need to look at this from two angles, the first is would it possibly free up money for players... yes. But that Percy article was clear in the fact we need to cut back. Was it £90m losses and worrying about FFP?

We're going to have to bank a chunk of change of anything that comes in. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, RowlattsFox said:

We would stick with Iverson and Ward I reckon, and hope for the best. 

Ward is injured which could be one of the problems 

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

We would stick with Iverson and Ward I reckon, and hope for the best. 

Maybe an experienced backup on a 1 year contract, another Jakupovic.

7 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

If he does go I see Raya coming in from Brentford.

he’s shite!!! genuinely think iversen and ward are better than him! 

We currently have 3 very promising keepers on the books and a shortage of cash… let’s use what we have if he’s leaving! 

Iversen makes some mega saves, he will win us points… even if he drops a few clangers while adapting… i promise you now raya would make more and also makes letting kasper go completely pointless 

19 minutes ago, KingsX said:

In this time of uncertainty and potential decline, would jettisoning the captain -- a true and fiery leader, one-club man, and the keeper of the flame unique to this club -- accelerate a slide?  What is Kasper worth beyond his (admittedly replaceable) value on the pitch?

It's a really good question you've raised there to be fair. He's definitely replaceable on the pitch, but he really is the heart of the team - the man has been through all the ups and downs of our club's most successful period ever. Hard to imagine us lining up without him.

Just now, jeffschlupp said:

Iversen deserves half a season in this case. Buy a decent, backup who can do a job in case Ward is long-term out and Iversen is crap/out of confidence.

Evans club captain?

I'd potentially offer it to Youri, might make him sign a 3/4 year contract

• Like 1

I'm very surprised by how many people seem ok with Kasper leaving. Especially to nice ??? (Although it is very nice) He has his shortcomings but is still one of the best keepers in the league and won't be easy to replace

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

That just seems like an absolutely massive drop off from Kasper though. Goalkeeper is one position you can't really gamble on - look at our defence last season when we took the heart out of it. If Iverson turns out to be the Amartey equivalent of goalkeepers, we're screwed. Much rather someone who's better with their feet than either of those two, as well. 

He might be, but then if we're not going to give him a chance now then we may as well cash in on him as well because he will never get another chance. 

3 minutes ago, Dandy king said:

I'm very surprised by how many people seem ok with Kasper leaving. Especially to nice ??? (Although it is very nice) He has his shortcomings but is still one of the best keepers in the league and won't be easy to replace

With his age, the money he’s on and the state of our finances a lot of us are just being pragmatic. 

• Like 1

Not convinced about the source, however if this is true I could see this being a case of Kasper understanding the club’s financial position and agreeing with the club that now is the time to do it.

I selfishly want him to come to Copenhagen, the keeper has just injured himself and is out for a good few months, champions league football, ticks some boxes.

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

True, you don't know until you try. I reckon we might sell Iverson if we get no offers for Ward.

Either way, I reckon at least one of them will leave and we'll bring a new first choice in, if Kasper does go.

This is what will happen.

10 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Apparently no fee - does suggest to me the whole “we are fine for paying transfer fee’s but just need to get wages off the books” is true

Also looks like we are going for a new player rather than Ward/Iversen

The Leicester goalkeeper is an ambitious but accessible target because he has, according to our information, agreed to join the Azure club. Although the Dane (35) is under contract until 2023 with Leicester, where he has been playing since 2011, he is able to sign for free in a foreign team this summer, provided that the Foxes find him a replacement. They have not yet succeeded and this is what is currently blocking the arrival of Peter Schmeichel's son on the Côte d'Azur.

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Kasper-schmeichel-d-accord-pour-rejoindre-nice-mais-leicester-doit-encore-trouver-son-remplacant/1345459

I read it that we aren't going to stand in his way. He's 35 and in the last year of his contract so the fee would be next ro nothing either way.

If this was even slightly possible what on earth are we doing not having pope or henderson already signed up - 2quality keepers were there and available- what are we playing at - as far as kasper is concerned yes he wins us a few points a season with mega saves but let’s not beat around the bush - his complete shambles of refusing to come catch a ball costs us 10 points a season easy - find a decent replacement quickly and it won’t be our biggest issue this year at all