Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Schmeichel

Guest Chocolate Teapot
9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

But we need to save money

Don't think percy actually said this.... 

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

I don't see the benefit of letting him go a year early if we have to then replace him. We are just creating another problem. Save his wages to improve elsewhere in the squad make more sense but then we have to faith in Iverson. 

He wants to go - has he not earnt that here? We benefit from the wages point of view, but I doubt he is being pushed.

A transfer thread finally goes "hot" for real, and ... it's about losing one of our absolute mainstays for no fee  :revenge:

This window sucks!

Edited by KingsX
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

If true all the best. But we are gonna have our pants pulled down 10 days before the season starts, if we shop for a replacement in this country.

Bye bye transfer budget. This creates an extra problem, doesn't solve one.

One of those where you can see the reasoning: he’s getting on, the set pieces have been an issue, he’s on good money

But now push has come to shove, something in me feels like it’s the wrong thing to do to lose him now.

He’s been massive for us and what concerns me most is that he is the fabric of that mentality and culture of a winning Leicester City. Rodgers has packed the squad with nice lad, nice footballers but where we’ve often struggled is mentally.

So to lose Kasper now, it feels like a big gamble.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

One of those where you can see the reasoning: he’s getting on, the set pieces have been an issue, he’s on good money

But now push has come to shove, something in me feels like it’s the wrong thing to do to lose him now.

He’s been massive for us and what concerns me most is that he is the fabric of that mentality and culture of a winning Leicester City. Rodgers has packed the squad with nice lad, nice footballers but where we’ve often struggled is mentally.

So to lose Kasper now, it feels like a big gamble.

Pretty much how I feel. Don't feel comfortable with this even if I did think it was probably coming at some point soon. I was thinking probably next season.

3 minutes ago, FerrisBueller said:

Not convinced about the source, however if this is true I could see this being a case of Kasper understanding the club’s financial position and agreeing with the club that now is the time to do it.

I selfishly want him to come to Copenhagen, the keeper has just injured himself and is out for a good few months, champions league football, ticks some boxes.

Agree with this, I hope it’s a timing issue and he knows that this is probably best for the club. 

While like many others became frustrated with his lack coming out for the ball, be careful what you wish for. Kept us in so many games and has provided so much leadership across the years, not easily replaced. An actual legend for our club. 

• Like 1

Anyone that thinks Raya is “shite” would be in for pleasant surprise. His distribution is some of the best I’ve seen down the King Power.

I see this thread also has the return of my favourite pub take, that Nick Pope would be any good for uslol

We’ll be in for Sanchez from Brighton (as per Percy’s article a few months back) or Raya. Probably the latter seeing as Brentford have just signed Strakosha, makes sense.

• Like 4

As great of a keeper as he is, he is in the top 5 highest paid keepers in the league and I personally would say he isn't in the top 5 in terms of quality.

We really missed out with pope as he was only on 30k per week at Burnley and wouldn't have been a downgrade on Schmeichel's ability.

• Like 1

On 24/07/2022 at 13:15, UHDrive said:

Yes, but only if he has support so that he can still play centrally as well. I don't think we have a choice anymore but our wingback I.e. Ricky P needs to work well with him especially 1-2 touch football to push him into introverted positions.

....I am sure you meant "inverted"...!!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

30k a week at Burnley, but 100k a week at Newcastle... we weren't ever going to sign Pope once Newcastle were in for him. 

Is that what he's on at Newcastle? I didn't think to look in to that tbf. A shame that they will now be offering ridiculous contracts out and beating other people to players simply because they can offer a stupid wage.