Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Schmeichel

21 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Iversen deserves half a season in this case. Buy a decent, experienced backup who can do a job in case Ward is long-term out and Iversen is crap/out of confidence.

Evans club captain?

Vardy Surley 

41 minutes ago, Stadt said:

This definitely could have been lined up earlier in the window, it's not like he'd have sprung it on the club.

Depends if anyone wanted to take the bait though. Kasper spoke about playing European football and here’s Nice from the Conference League

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2

Still think if we want to change the way we defend we need a keeper who is more comfortable with the ball at his feet. 

Still like Raya, and it looks like he will be leaving Brentford; they already signed a possible replacement and he is refusing to sign a deal. 

Kasper is a legend though, and we won’t be replacing him with a better shot stopper. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
7 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

Anyone that thinks Raya is “shite” would be in for pleasant surprise. His distribution is some of the best I’ve seen down the King Power.

I see this thread also has the return of my favourite pub take, that Nick Pope would be any good for uslol

We’ll be in for Sanchez from Brighton (as per Percy’s article a few months back) or Raya. Probably the latter seeing as Brentford have just signed Strakosha, makes sense.

What a sensible post. 👏 

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd gamble on not replacing him this season unless we shift on several others as his wages will be a huge dent in to our problem.

There is a reason Iverson and Stolarczyk have been given so much game time, I guess. Ward probably chose the wrong moment to get injured.

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

If you are not prepared to back your youth then we might as well burn down the training ground and claim on the insurance

I’m all up for youth if they are good enough - doesn’t matter how old you are as long as your good enough -  Iverson would be a massive gamble 

• Like 1

Just now, jv1 said:

I’m all up for youth if they are good enough - doesn’t matter how old you are as long as your good enough -  Iverson would be a massive gamble 

Yeah, thing is, if not now, after a good loan spelll in Champs, then when? :unsure:

• Like 2

Just give Iversen his big break. Whats the worse that can happen, We lose a few Goals in a season thats likely to be mediocre.

Then next season he'll be more experienced and we'll have money to improve the squad and give it a real go next season.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Babylon said:

But we need to save money, it's more than just freeing up money for other players. 

The big saving will start next summer. This summer we will be trying our hardest to get rid of some bit we know it's going to be difficult. The restrictions on wages to turnover is phased anyway so its not quite as bleak yet but we really are going to have to consider a rung down on the types of signing we now go for or at least stop offering the types of players we go for the salaries we've been doing, many of them double/trebling the salary they were on.

• Like 2

Just now, tomtom said:

Danny Ward is just a modern day Ben Hamer....  if we go into this season with him as No.1 we're gonna struggle 

Nah…. He’s way better than that…. Ward is a very competent keeper, possibly not our #1

We have an inflated wage bill, so at his age, getting one of our biggest earners off the wage bill maybe isn't a bad thing. However, we also have a lack of leadership at the club and I'm concerned that one of the few natural leaders at the club is leaving.

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Yeah, thing is, if not now, after a good loan spelll in Champs, then when? :unsure:

Fair question- maybe never - but I’d love to be surprised and him be a big success - wouldn’t we all

• Like 1