Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Schmeichel

The biggest loss of Kasper leaving will be the mentality and connection to the Pearson days when the squad was so, so tight. I don't know if thats trickled down to the new generation yet but maybe it's naive of me thinking 7 years on that can be maintained. Losing the standard of goalkeeper he is? Meh. Losing a club legend? Farewell , sweet prince.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

Agree with this, I hope it’s a timing issue and he knows that this is probably best for the club. 

While like many others became frustrated with his lack coming out for the ball, be careful what you wish for. Kept us in so many games and has provided so much leadership across the years, not easily replaced. An actual legend for our club. 

Yep, not many teams get 11 years out of a top player. For all his weaknesses, we will miss him if he goes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tomtom said:

Danny Ward is just a modern day Ben Hamer....  if we go into this season with him as No.1 we're gonna struggle 

I actually think the club might see Iversen has number 1 with ward a close 2nd to step in if he struggles

• Like 1

It will be absolutely peak Leicester if we spend ages waiting to sell a player so we can buy a player only to then sell a goalkeeper meaning we're obligated to make our first/only signing... a goalkeeper. lol

I think the only way this could end up being More Leicester is if the goalkeeper is also our first ever Brazilian.

And then we end up playing Ward anyway because he turns out to be shit.

Edited by Finnegan
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

People need to remember that he said he wanted European football again before he retired. so doubt this is just on the club  :dunno:

If that's the case he could have tried not chucking it in his own net with us 15 minutes from the Champions League.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Really uncomfy with this 

What a servant to the club. 

Im a bit shocked by how many fans were throwing him on the scrap heap last season too 

He’ll be a huge loss. Ward isn’t on his level 

Yup, massive massive loss.

Would rather start Iversen than Ward and see how far he can go

• Like 2

Wages are a bigger issue than transfer fees.

When a player is purchased, his cost is capitalised on the balance sheet and is written down (amortised) over the length of his contract. So player A brought for 30m on a 5 year contract is amortised by a club in its accounts to the value of 6m per season.

You can kick the can further down the street by giving them a new contract 2 years in, as you can re-amortise the remaining book value of the player over the new contract. 

We could buy 3 players this summer for 75m on 5-year contracts and it would only affect the accounts by 15m per year. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Could also be Iverson's premium market value as well. A lot of top flight clubs in Europe might take a gamble on him after a solid couple of seasons in the Championship, but if he comes into the Premier League and disappoints, all of that value could disappear, and we've got enough players in the squad that that's happened to. It's a real conundrum. 

Indeed, this is a good point, but if you are going to make youth your direction then you need to be brave and set an example, trust what you purport to focus on

If it fails, then pick yourself up and try again

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The big saving will start next summer. This summer we will be trying our hardest to get rid of some bit we know it's going to be difficult. The restrictions on wages to turnover is phased anyway so its not quite as bleak yet but we really are going to have to consider a rung down on the types of signing we now go for or at least stop offering the types of players we go for the salaries we've been doing, many of them double/trebling the salary they were on.

Depends on the club doesn't it, £90m loss is pretty horrific and delaying things just makes it harder next summer. 

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Only me who thinks given his age we should be commanding a decent fee as well? Maybe his grotesque wages muddy the waters with that but he will play on another 4-5 years easily.

Valued at 3/4m on transfermarkt so could command at least that you'd think 

Mixed feelings on this. He is truly a legend of the club and his influence is huge. He's also got the drive and mentality that inspires those around him. 

But his performances over the past three seasons haven't been consistent, although he's had brilliant matches, most notably the FA Cup win vs Chelsea. The stats suggest he underperformed his expected goals conceded in a big way in 20/21, although he was better in 21/22. 

And last season showed weaknesses in his game, especially claiming crosses, when he doesn't have a commanding CB in front of him. It was a key part in costing us CL in 20/21 when he scored the own goal vs Spurs, and we struggled defending set pieces all last season. 

I think we can get a better goalkeeper but I doubt we'll find someone with his character and leadership. 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Only me who thinks given his age we should be commanding a decent fee as well? Maybe his grotesque wages muddy the waters with that but he will play on another 4-5 years easily.

I reckon he could be gone for nothing but our good wishes tbh (Assumes no wage contribution nonsense

36 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Raya is shite? Have you watched him? He's a very good shot-stopper, and his distribution is fantastic. 

Dont rate him at all. He's erratic... he's small. Brentford barely kept a clean sheet despite playing 5 at the back. 

I promise you Iversen will go on to have a better career than him... thats exactly why brentford would be happy to get rid. 

This would be the goal keeping equivalent of signing Vesty!  Genuinely think he's the worst keeper in the league imo 

So he's left to play in the UEFA Conference League's playoff rounds in a sunnier city? Good luck fella.

I hope it's not true but it would make sense the effort we've put into playing Iversen and Stolarczyk in pre season.