Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Schmeichel

Guest Mee-9

Shithouse.

Why leave to go there? Absolutely ridiculous. He's been a quality player over the years, but where is the logic in this? 

Just now, Mee-9 said:

Shithouse.

Why leave to go there? Absolutely ridiculous. He's been a quality player over the years, but where is the logic in this? 

He wants European football again before he retires, and I cannot imagine we would block this, especially with his service given and wages

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Depends on the club doesn't it, £90m loss is pretty horrific and delaying things just makes it harder next summer. 

Who knows, I can't see how anything that's happened to the club has come as that much of a shock. There is no way Top and the directors genuinely think we are a shoe in for CL or even Europe every year and they've meticulously planned the training ground and stadium expansion and is being financed as best they can to mitigate the impact it will have on the short to medium term running of the club. Covid will have hit us, but we qualified for Europe in both those years so again I'd hope that has enabled us to plug some of that. Tops been claiming he thinks we're in a good place to challenge for Europe again so either he's very delusional in his expectations or once again there'll be support there to do so and that the club aren't in the mindset of cutting costs left, right and centre in a salvage mission from unpalatable losses.

16 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Still think if we want to change the way we defend we need a keeper who is more comfortable with the ball at his feet. 

Still like Raya, and it looks like he will be leaving Brentford; they already signed a possible replacement and he is refusing to sign a deal. 

Kasper is a legend though, and we won’t be replacing him with a better shot stopper. 

Or stop playing in such a way the defence are constantly under pressure?

This is going to be this seasons “We’d have been alright if we didn’t lose Fofana in a friendly”. :yawn: 

Just now, Matt said:

Or stop playing in such a way the defence are constantly under pressure?

This is going to be this seasons “We’d have been alright if we didn’t lose Fofana in a friendly”. :yawn: 

I hate people who are always positive like you

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Don't think percy actually said this.... 

No he said:

"Leicester’s wages-to-turnover ratio is very high and simply unsustainable at the current levels". 

"Financial losses for next year, on current projections, could be over £90 million"

"Financial Fair Play that are the bigger concerns."

If it's unsustainable, letting a player go who earns £120k and getting in a couple of players for fees and then £60k a pop does nothing to solve that issue. 

Not sure how people didn’t see this coming. 

Planted the seed in interviews last season, as did his dad. Was given a longer holiday to go and sort the deal… we’ve played Iverson most of pre season and he wasn’t allowed to join Preston (they signed an alternative early on) 

We’ll have known about it for a while I’m sure. Only reason it’ll have come out is because both sides are ready to complete. 

My bet would be final appearance for 30 mins or so at the KP against Seville. A send off of sorts. 

• Like 3

They could have bought Matt Turner cheap and he'd be an excellent replacement. Instead Arsenal got him. Similar to Kasper, but more athletic and comands his area better.

If offered a chance to start vs backup he'd have said yes in a second.

6 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Mixed feelings on this. He is truly a legend of the club and his influence is huge. He's also got the drive and mentality that inspires those around him. 

But his performances over the past three seasons haven't been consistent, although he's had brilliant matches, most notably the FA Cup win vs Chelsea. The stats suggest he underperformed his expected goals conceded in a big way in 20/21, although he was better in 21/22. 

And last season showed weaknesses in his game, especially claiming crosses, when he doesn't have a commanding CB in front of him. It was a key part in costing us CL in 20/21 when he scored the own goal vs Spurs, and we struggled defending set pieces all last season. 

I think we can get a better goalkeeper but I doubt we'll find someone with his character and leadership. 

I can only assume the stats showing his underperformance relate to set pieces and set pieces alone. His shot stopping ability from open play is extraordinary. I know he HAS to take plenty of the blame for the set piece problems as he stays rooted to his line but we've always known that's a weakness and I don't see where else he's underperforming.

• Like 2

Just now, AjcW said:

Not sure how people didn’t see this coming. 

Planted the seed in interviews last season, as did his dad. Was given a longer holiday to go and sort the deal… we’ve played Iverson most of pre season and he wasn’t allowed to join Preston (they signed an alternative early on) 

We’ll have known about it for a while I’m sure. Only reason it’ll have come out is because both sides are ready to complete. 

My bet would be final appearance for 30 mins or so at the KP against Seville. A send off of sorts. 

What was the point of giving him an hour against Preston then. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Who knows, I can't see how anything that's happened to the club has come as that much of a shock. There is no way Top and the directors genuinely think we are a shoe in for CL or even Europe every year and they've meticulously planned the training ground and stadium expansion and is being financed as best they can to mitigate the impact it will have on the short to medium term running of the club. Covid will have hit us, but we qualified for Europe in both those years so again I'd hope that has enabled us to plug some of that. Tops been claiming he thinks we're in a good place to challenge for Europe again so either he's very delusional in his expectations or once again there'll be support there to do so and that the club aren't in the mindset of cutting costs left, right and centre in a salvage mission from unpalatable losses.

Covid is massive, I did try to tell people at the time. If we'd not sold players in previous years we'd have made large losses, and we had covid and spent £60m last summer. 

We've paid the price of ambition, as Percy said. 

Just now, pmcla26 said:

How comes you think we do that? 

Sideways balls with a hint of backwards camped in front of our own 18 yard box inevitability leading to a mistake? 

We do more than half the work for the opposition.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

The biggest loss of Kasper leaving will be the mentality and connection to the Pearson days when the squad was so, so tight. I don't know if thats trickled down to the new generation yet but maybe it's naive of me thinking 7 years on that can be maintained. Losing the standard of goalkeeper he is? Meh. Losing a club legend? Farewell , sweet prince.

I'm sure i've read on here before that Kasper generally doesn't mix with the group & is a bit of big head so if true not sure the closeness will be gone with him.

The rest agree, he's part of the scars of Leicester City  for that will be missed

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Lafont from Nantes is who we ought to go for if we're paying money for a keeper. Might as well give them €40m and get Ludovic Blas as well (both available for €20m a piece) and we'll be flying.

Kinnell Ric mun. 

We'll be lucky if we spend a quarter of that replacing him lol

• Haha 1

Just now, pmcla26 said:

With Fofana and Evans as the partnership though, have either of them really made many mistakes when playing from the back? I can't remember any obvious ones off of the top of my head, although I may be mistaken. 

Thing is as well, we beat the oppositions press and we're into their half - I would say we get a lot more success from keeping the ball on the floor and passing it through the lines than we probably would lumping it forward. 

Yes :rolleyes: because the only alternative is nasty route one, anti football, lumping it forward :frusty:

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

With Fofana and Evans as the partnership though, have either of them really made many mistakes when playing from the back? I can't remember any obvious ones off of the top of my head, although I may be mistaken. 

Thing is as well, we beat the oppositions press and we're into their half - I would say we get a lot more success from keeping the ball on the floor and passing it through the lines than we probably would lumping it forward. 

@Matt is just severly allergic to playing out from the back, involve a back 5 and he comes out in a rash :D

I just let out an involuntary whimper. I will be absolutely gutted if he leaves so suddenly, but there have been a few things which have felt a bit weird over the past few months when it comes to Kasper. Ideal situation for me would be him staying for another year and mentoring Iverson to see whether he has what it takes. 

1 minute ago, rachhere said:

I just let out an involuntary whimper. I will be absolutely gutted if he leaves so suddenly, but there have been a few things which have felt a bit weird over the past few months when it comes to Kasper. Ideal situation for me would be him staying for another year and mentoring Iverson to see whether he has what it takes. 

Maybe he has been mentoring Iverson and .... (Going to leave the next bit for you each to fill in according to individual views)