Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Schmeichel

27 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The big saving will start next summer. This summer we will be trying our hardest to get rid of some bit we know it's going to be difficult. The restrictions on wages to turnover is phased anyway so its not quite as bleak yet but we really are going to have to consider a rung down on the types of signing we now go for or at least stop offering the types of players we go for the salaries we've been doing, many of them double/trebling the salary they were on.

Or we increase the ratio between turnover and costs by purchasing more kits and filling the stadium - and maybe get a new sponsor for the KP......?

• Like 1

Think it might be too late in the window for this.. Surely we aren't going to poach someones first choice GK with less than 2 weeks til the season starts? Unless we overpay massively. 

And I can't think of any backups that would be an improvement on Kasper.

4 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I don't know what the other alternative is? You either play from the back or you don't.. 

Either way, we just don't have the players to play long-balls to, and we have centre-backs who are competent on the ball, so it makes sense to do so, surely?

It is possible to mix it up.

It is possible to play forwards, attacking, exciting football without  “lumping it forward”.

Not exclusively sideways with a hint of backwards camped infront of your own 18 yard box.

Edited by Matt

Just now, EnderbyFox said:

Think it might be too late in the window for this.. Surely we aren't going to poach someones first choice GK with less than 2 weeks til the season starts? Unless we overpay massively. 

And I can't think of any backups that would be an improvement on Kasper.

Brentford business model means they’re ready to cash in on Raya now they have his replacement and plenty of young back up. It will probably be an easy and reasonable deal

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Covid is massive, I did try to tell people at the time. If we'd not sold players in previous years we'd have made large losses, and we had covid and spent £60m last summer. 

We've paid the price of ambition, as Percy said. 

Arsenal have gone through Covid too...Arteta has spent £400m since he's been in charge!!

Just now, manders86 said:

Can't help feel Iversen will be really regretting the errors v Notts and Leuven. As if he had come in and been faultless all pre season there might have been a few that would have been more ok with Kasper going.

He is highly rated and if he's going to be that good we might have to take a few mistakes along the way. I'd definitely give him a chance until Jan at least. Still have Ward there if it goes totally tits up.

Agree 👍 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
14 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Covid is massive, I did try to tell people at the time. If we'd not sold players in previous years we'd have made large losses, and we had covid and spent £60m last summer. 

We've paid the price of ambition, as Percy said. 

But yet the owner came out yesterday and said he wanted to finish higher. 

Seem weird the Club broke his consecutive run on 149, just to bring him back for the final 2 games.

Why not let him get to 150, was BR flexing his muscle?

But maybe they knew this was in the pipeline all along, the extra break before returning potentially in France in talks and house hunting.

At least he gets to experience the Conference league again 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
21 minutes ago, Babylon said:

No he said:

"Leicester’s wages-to-turnover ratio is very high and simply unsustainable at the current levels". 

"Financial losses for next year, on current projections, could be over £90 million"

"Financial Fair Play that are the bigger concerns."

If it's unsustainable, letting a player go who earns £120k and getting in a couple of players for fees and then £60k a pop does nothing to solve that issue. 

Not in isolation but probably helps us decide where we're going to spend our budget.

If we can't afford to sign anyone right now, how can we sell him until we buy a replacement? 

This screws us over in more ways than one. Iversen has potential but is he immediate answer? More to the point, we may now need a GK, CB and RW. I hope it doesn't mean we have to sell another of our biggest assets (on top of Youri if he does leave). 

I can’t see nice paying him more than 60k/week

so he’ll lose £3m making the move. I expect we will take a reduced fee of £2m on the basis of his service and nice will pay him £3m s/o fee to compensate for his lost earnings.  Obviously the numbers will vary but you get the drift 

58 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

Anyone that thinks Raya is “shite” would be in for pleasant surprise. His distribution is some of the best I’ve seen down the King Power.

I see this thread also has the return of my favourite pub take, that Nick Pope would be any good for uslol

We’ll be in for Sanchez from Brighton (as per Percy’s article a few months back) or Raya. Probably the latter seeing as Brentford have just signed Strakosha, makes sense.

Couldn’t care about his distribution if he can’t keep the ball out of the net. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HoChiMinhFOX said:

Would feel weird if he went without a proper send off. Really hope it's not true and he can lead us into Europe one last time,bowing out in front of a packed out king power :fc:

This or he’s gone full circle with his last game for us at Preston with a couple thousand there lol 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

If we can't afford to sign anyone right now, how can we sell him until we buy a replacement? 

This screws us over in more ways than one. Iversen has potential but is he immediate answer? More to the point, we may now need a GK, CB and RW. I hope it doesn't mean we have to sell another of our biggest assets (on top of Youri if he does leave). 

It’s the balancing of the books rather than player affordability. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

We have money to spend on players  - but we dont have much headroom on our wage budget ! 

The report says we are going to buy a replacement - seems reasonable