Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Schmeichel

My view is he made up his mind to leave at the end of the season. 

We are going to have the pain of bedding in a new number 1 in 12 months anyway.  

This way we get a fee and get 7m off the wage bill.

So if we get a 5m fee, we have improved our financial position by 12m this season.

Edited by coolhandfox

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I can’t see nice paying him more than 60k/week

so he’ll lose £3m making the move. I expect we will take a reduced fee of £2m on the basis of his service and nice will pay him £3m s/o fee to compensate for his lost earnings.  Obviously the numbers will vary but you get the drift 

Wages ain't a problem at Nice tbh with INEOS/Radcliffe in charge 

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I can’t see nice paying him more than 60k/week

so he’ll lose £3m making the move. I expect we will take a reduced fee of £2m on the basis of his service and nice will pay him £3m s/o fee to compensate for his lost earnings.  Obviously the numbers will vary but you get the drift 

They have an owner worth 12bn

2 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Just stick Iversen in net and let him get a proper prem season in the bag, we are going to be shit this season anyway so pointless going spending on a new keeper at this stage.

That’s the spirit! 

:schmike:

• Haha 3

Its going to be so weird without Kasper in the net. But for the pragmatic part in me, it makes a lot sense. He fancies a new challenge and we need to trim the wage bill, where he is a top earner. 

Let's see what Iversen really is made of and sign a flippin right winger instead.

Guest ttfn
8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We have money to spend on players  - but we dont have much headroom on our wage budget ! 

The report says we are going to buy a replacement - seems reasonable 

Hypothetically, let’s say we do have the money to spend on a replacement and this is exclusively an FFP issue.

Schmeichel is allegedly on £6m/year. We sell him for (say) £2m. Our forecast for this year improves by £8m and for future years £6m/year.

We sign a replacement on a 5 year deal for £20m (surely the going rate for a top flight number 1). We pay them £60k/week (which given that’s supposedly what Hamza gets again seems a reasonable assumption). This is an FFP cost of £7m this year and every year for the next 4 years after that.

So we’d be net £1m better off this year for FFP purposes by replacing Schmeichel with a younger model. When we’re supposedly £90m in the hole? It doesn’t add up for me.

If there’s a genuine FFP problem for this coming season we either need to shift 8-10 players or we’ve got to sell Maddison or Barnes. Or of course there’s a middle ground and we sell Tielemans plus 6-8 players. Either way if those FFP figures from Percy are right then this is the start of a grim five weeks.

Edited by ttfn

1 hour ago, Dandy king said:

I'm very surprised by how many people seem ok with Kasper leaving. Especially to nice ??? (Although it is very nice) He has his shortcomings but is still one of the best keepers in the league and won't be easy to replace

He is an outdated keeper in this modern era. Goalkeepers need to be good with the ball at their feet & have good distribution. Kasper is poor on both counts !!

Modern keepers are also expected to control the box & Kasper is poor at this as well. He is primarily a very good shot stopper but not a top keeper !

If City are going to progress Kasper needs to go !!

I think he will possibly leave for free so that we can free up his wages,

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gurru991 said:

He is an outdated keeper in this modern era. Goalkeepers need to be good with the ball at their feet & have good distribution. Kasper is poor on both counts !!

Modern keepers are also expected to control the box & Kasper is poor at this as well. He is primarily a very good shot stopper but not a top keeper !

And it's perfectly possible to love Kasper, which I do, and agree with all that

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Schmeichel is more than good enough. He was let down time and time again by plonkers playing in front of him.

If someone can bring that photostat up again of the goals we conceded when Fofana returned, compared to when he was injured, all becomes clear.

I would be sad to see him go if this is true - he is a great shot stopper and of course club captain. We will do well to find someone better at a time when defensively we have been suspect and have not strengthened at all during this window. Worrying times  and I can see other clubs watching this and having a punt at signing a few others on the cheap.

Guest nathan.

His kicking is infuriating at times and he struggles to command his area.

He is a club legend but replaceable. 

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

Couldn’t care about his distribution if he can’t keep the ball out of the net. 

Raya is a good keeper

everyone points to eriksen as the reason for their decent second half to the season but ignore the fact that raya was missing from the game they played against us in the autumn until early feb 

34 points from 24 games with him playing and 12 points from 14 when he wasn’t.   

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

If Schmeichel goes and Danny Ward isn’t good enough then we should try and get him off the wage bill as well.

Danny W is 29. If he can’t stake a claim for the first team now then he probably never will and we’d free up a bit more for Kasper’s replacement. 

I fully agree with this, promote Iversen to second choice.