Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Schmeichel

Just now, Foxxed said:

He seemed shakey in his first two matches yet he consistently proved he is above that level last season. I doubt we’ll sell him this season if Kasper leaves.

I can see us using Ward, and giving Iversen and Stolarczyk the odd game and keeping whoever has the better form.

If Ward was available in pre-season but not first choice, I find this unlikely. More likely another keeper comes, and Ward goes so that  Iversen and new guy share #1?

Sad times, I heard he was off in Feb and it’s making sense now as the bloke knows Kasper Dolberg’s dad.

The right time to be moved on but we will miss him massively in the dressing room. Not a chance we let Iverson or Ward replace him by the way, they probably both now need selling.

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

If Ward was available in pre-season but not first choice, I find this unlikely. More likely another keeper comes, and Ward goes so that  Iversen and new guy share #1?

It’ll be interesting to see who’s in goal against Seville. I assumed we wanted to test the new goalkeepers in preseason.

• Like 1

Guest Kopfkino
30 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Can a future value be taken into account??

So sign a youngster for £50m on 5 year deal, but value his future transfer at £30m on year 4, writing down £5m/pa?? Or do the rules not give that possibility??

That’s what Derby got into a mess doing

13 minutes ago, Shamomoa said:

Only annoying thing about this if it does happen, why couldn't it have happened earlier in the transfer window instead of a week and a half before the season starts? Not gonna lie ill be a bit gutted if he does go 😔

Well, at least he hasn't been playing all pre-season. If it is Iverson or Stolarczyk, they have at least been prepping with the team.

37 minutes ago, Corky said:

Why did we give Ward a long deal if wasn't going to be the replacement?

We look totally unprepared again.

I would imagine he’s going to be, and we are just going to get some cheap 2nd / 3rd choice. 

Makes the most financial sense, perhaps allows to get a winger in. Can’t say I fancy a season of Ward in goal though. 

We’ve been utterly spoilt having a keeper of Kaspers consistency.

Guest ttfn
Just now, StanSP said:

Dread the atmosphere in the ground when Ward drops his first clanger... 

WEALE

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Can’t say I fancy a season of Ward in goal though. 

Don't think he's good enough, personally, but then maybe he doesn't need to be? Might sound odd but if we're defending well as a team the goalkeeper shouldn't NEED to be an elite shot stopper. I do think he's an upgrade on Kasper when it comes to controlling his area, helps he's bigger, so maybe that's enough? 

I mean, Ward would never have made the save that won us the FA Cup final (tbf most keepers in the world wouldn't have) but equally maybe we'd have finished 6th last year if we'd conceded 30% less goals from corners because a big guy was coming to claim crosses? Who knows?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Don't think he's good enough, personally, but then maybe he doesn't need to be? Might sound odd but if we're defending well as a team the goalkeeper shouldn't NEED to be an elite shot stopper. I do think he's an upgrade on Kasper when it comes to controlling his area, helps he's bigger, so maybe that's enough? 

I mean, Ward would never have made the save that won us the FA Cup final (tbf most keepers in the world wouldn't have) but equally maybe we'd have finished 6th last year if we'd conceded 30% less goals from corners because a big guy was coming to claim crosses? Who knows?

This was my thinking as well. If we can actually keep our defenders fit and Ward has more command from set pieces then ward shouldn't need to make as many saves as kasper did last season. Kasper is one of the best around at one on one's and we will miss that but hopefully Ward can make up for that with his command of his area. 

Guy is an absolute legend of course but I'm not overly fussed to be honest.  Age isn't on his side, and he has a known weakness of not commanding his box and coming for crosses. 

This doesn't help out our already dodgy defence so I think a change in keeper whoever it may be might be the right thing to do to freshen things up and give more of a presence at the back.

• Like 1

Real question is, who da **** we get to replace kasper, current keepers we have aren't ready or good enough for number 1, what actual keepers out there that's offordable for us and currently just as good as kasper or hopefully better. Have we left it to late to find a replacement?

Ward is nowhere near up to it unfortunately, he's barely played for a few seasons now. If we're going to lose Schmeichel then we really need to carefully consider who we bring in to replace him. Reports say that we have been preparing for this for a while - lets hope we've got multiple quality targets identified and we move to secure a replacement quickly.

2 minutes ago, Danny280995 said:

Real question is, who da **** we get to replace kasper, current keepers we have aren't ready or good enough for number 1, what actual keepers out there that's offordable for us and currently just as good as kasper or hopefully better. Have we left it to late to find a replacement?

The tweet that sparked all this suggested that we’ll only let him leave IF we find a suitable replacement…