Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Schmeichel

As far as I know he has lived near Manchester for donkeys years.His kids are English and settled and he will be 37 at the end of this contract. What has he got to gain? He should play one more year and get a comfortable job an an "analyzer" on the tele.

Edited by An Sionnach

3 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

The tweet that sparked all this suggested that we’ll only let him leave IF we find a suitable replacement…

Thats what I'm asking, names of Gk's we could buy for good quality that's just as good as Schmeichel or better, I don't think there is, we can't afford big fees

Just now, Danny280995 said:

Thats what I'm asking, names of Gk's we could buy for good quality that's just as good as Schmeichel or better, I don't think there is, we can't afford big fees

And there’s the issue to get a keeper as good if not better will cost a lot more are they’re harder to come by and other teams will be reluctant to sell. 

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Dread the atmosphere in the ground when Ward drops his first clanger... 

He's done fine for Wales. He's got quick reflexes and he's taller than schmeichel. I think we'll be fine this year and who knows, I wouldn't be surprised if there has been some issues behind the scenes especially given how much we are paying him and how little time the other goalies get on the pitch.

I remember recent seasons where schmeichel has played all league games, all european games and BR has let Ward in for 2/3 games in the early rounds of the leugue Cup. Some might say he's got too much clout at the club and we need a reset regarding schmeichel. 

Yes, he'll always be a legend. But, I do think deep down that he constantly compares himself to his dad and sees himself at "little leicester" as a negative overall in terms of his career, hence the move.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Well since the Nick Pope boat has sailed by, we are screwed in terms of bringing in a suitable replacement.  Will have to go with what we have.  :mellow:

These posts really make me laugh. 

If we sign a decent keeper, of Premier league level the standard is quite high.

how many times last season did we say the opposition goal keeper is having the game of his life.

Maybe there isn’t much in it for shot stopping at this level.

The concerning thing would be to replace him with 2 unknown quantities at Prem Level.

Edited by HankMarvin

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

You honestly think this has caught the club cold? 

exactly! John Percy even dropped the sanchez story at the end of last season basically letting us know that kasper wasn’t planning on staying. 

The question is whether the club prepared to purchase or to give iversen a shot 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, eblair said:

anyone talking about kasper last season is deluded; the number of saves he had to make was obscene 

we conceded far too many shots on target

The defending in some of these clips lol.

Iversen will be first choice with Ward as a steady Eddie back up for this season and then wouldn’t be surprised if Stolcyrk is promoted to first team at end of next season to challenge Iversen and Ward will depart, just my opinion but would be surprised if Iversen was given majority of pre - season if this wasn’t to be the case