Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Schmeichel

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

You honestly think this has caught the club cold? 

Rodgers said: ‘He is very happy here. Of course naturally he is getting to the age where he sees the finishing line a little bit down the line but in my conversations with him he is very happy.

‘He’s got a year to go. It’s important for him and for us he is in the best condition he can possibly be in.

‘We have seen with Danny Ward there is a challenge there but I think he [Schmeichel] wants to be here. I think he wants to continue the fight and his career here, and up until now he has had a fantastic career.

May 2022

56 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Can a future value be taken into account??

So sign a youngster for £50m on 5 year deal, but value his future transfer at £30m on year 4, writing down £5m/pa?? Or do the rules not give that possibility??

No, that's against FRS102 regulations (which our accounts are prepared under).

An intangible asset's residual value has to be assumed to be nil, unless there is a commitment in place for a third party to purchase the asset at the end of its useful life (in this case, contract). Or if there is an active market for the asset where its value can be determined, which is probable to exist at the end of its useful life - there is likely too much doubt over the future market/value for a certain player due to the amount of uncertainties and variables (performance levels, injuries, etc).

As mentioned above, Derby got into a load of trouble for trying to bend these rules.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

And it's perfectly possible to love Kasper, which I do, and agree with all that

He has been one of my favourite players during his time at the club. I particularly enjoyed hearing him shout & curse during the no crowd covid era.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Rodgers said: ‘He is very happy here. Of course naturally he is getting to the age where he sees the finishing line a little bit down the line but in my conversations with him he is very happy.

‘He’s got a year to go. It’s important for him and for us he is in the best condition he can possibly be in.

‘We have seen with Danny Ward there is a challenge there but I think he [Schmeichel] wants to be here. I think he wants to continue the fight and his career here, and up until now he has had a fantastic career.

May 2022

Anything BR says to the media needs to be taken with a lorry load of salt.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

He is an outdated keeper in this modern era. Goalkeepers need to be good with the ball at their feet & have good distribution. Kasper is poor on both counts !!

Modern keepers are also expected to control the box & Kasper is poor at this as well. He is primarily a very good shot stopper but not a top keeper !

If City are going to progress Kasper needs to go !!

I think he will possibly leave for free so that we can free up his wages,

Wash your mouth out with soap young man

7 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Wonder if BR upset Kasper by promising to give Ward some games towards the end of last season? Or maybe Kasper just thinks now is the right time to move on? Either way, if he wants to go, I think we should reluctantly accept. I don't think an unhappy Kasper would be much fun to be around for the rest of the squad.

It wasn’t just game time, it stopped him reaching a prominent milestone 150 consecutive games.

Only to be back in goal the following 2 games.

Certainly wouldn’t make you more likely to sign a new contract, if one was offered.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dandy king said:

Wash your mouth out with soap young man

I was standing on the terraces in 1966 watching Peter Shilton play. I may be wrong about Kasper but "young man" I ain't 

• Haha 3

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Given I think Kasper was a massive part of the problem on set pieces I'd go as far as to say that Cags signing a new contract would reduce our need for a new centre back and I'd go all out to signing someone like Sanchez.

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Given I think Kasper was a massive part of the problem on set pieces I'd go as far as to say that Cags signing a new contract would reduce our need for a new centre back and I'd go all out to signing someone like Sanchez.

Is there any indication he will? 

if after a season it’s not working out with Iversen or Ward, I would just be using data to find someone like sanchez with the same strengths but outside the premier league.  He’s a great keeper, but I don’t think any keeper is worth what brighton would ask for. 

20 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

You honestly think this has caught the club cold? 

The fact that both Stolarczyk and Iversen were given so many minutes in retrospect makes it pretty clear that they were both being given an audition for trying out for the first team.

Also explains the Brighton keeper links earlier in the window. No smoke without fire and all that.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

The question is whether the club prepared to purchase or to give iversen a shot 

I suspect both options were explored, indeed still being explored. It's what you do; you look at the options available. I think if they could/can find someone at the right price etc then they'd bring them.

My gut feeling is we'll stick with what we got. Iversen until Ward is fit, then the two compete for the jersey. That works for me.

2 minutes ago, taupe said:

I suspect both options were explored, indeed still being explored. It's what you do; you look at the options available. I think if they could/can find someone at the right price etc then they'd bring them.

My gut feeling is we'll stick with what we got. Iversen until Ward is fit, then the two compete for the jersey. That works for me.

Have you really seen enough of Iversen to be convinced he can step in?

We knew that this day would come sooner or later so I do guess that the club has some sort of contingency action ready. KS is 35 or 36 and slowly on a downward trail so lets not panic. Everything will turn out fine. We are just so used to him that its difficult to see the side without him.......

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Can’t see us buying anyone from Brighton with our financial situation where we need to get value for money - Brighton always force top dollar