Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Schmeichel

10 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Signs have been there. Giving Ward a start last season, plus Kasper looking very emotional on the lap of honour on the final day make me think the club knew this was happening.

I think he is a lot harder to replace than people think. The faith being bestowed in Iverson is totally out of proportion compared to what he’s proved at this point. He was nowhere near the reckoning until a decent loan at Preston. That isn’t enough to have enough faith that he’s a Premier League number one.

If that’s the case, this should have been sorted earlier so we had a better choice of keepers when they were available. Poor and Henderson come to mind. Also, gave the keeper time to settle with his new team. Getting the right quality keeper is crucial to how the season will go. Get it wrong and we will be in a lot of trouble. 

Edited by fox_favourite

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

I would imagine he’s going to be, and we are just going to get some cheap 2nd / 3rd choice. 

Makes the most financial sense, perhaps allows to get a winger in. Can’t say I fancy a season of Ward in goal though. 

We’ve been utterly spoilt having a keeper of Kaspers consistency.

We'll miss him hugely, not just his keeping but his presence too.

Just starting to feel like the era is ending.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Wonder if Dolberg (Danish Friends) has had a word with him.

Also to lighten the load if he misses a sitter in the headlines.

“Kaspers Nice Nightmare”

Now it could be assumed either has made the mistake.

Dolberg doesn´t speak...

We knew it was coming whether it be this summer or next summer. 

Out of the players out of contract in 2023, I would have liked Kasper to stay another season, then allow him to leave on a free.

When you look at our wage situation, and the potential struggle in shifting some other players, in that aspect, letting Kasper go now kind of makes sense. 

It will just feel strange not seeing him between the sticks, to try and replace a player who has been here so long, an integral part of Leicester City for many reasons, plus the fact he’s a club legend, it leaves a hole that will be difficult to replace. 

I’d like to see Iversen get a shot, but the jury is still out on him.

• Like 2

Very sad day if/when it happens, Kasper has been outstanding since the joined, he’s always had trouble with set pieces but his shot saving ability is still world class. 

Massive personality around the club too, will be interesting to see who steps up as captain, Vardy I’d assume for the season and then who? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kopfkino said:

That’s what Derby got into a mess doing

50 minutes ago, Osavo said:

No, that's against FRS102 regulations (which our accounts are prepared under).

An intangible asset's residual value has to be assumed to be nil, unless there is a commitment in place for a third party to purchase the asset at the end of its useful life (in this case, contract). Or if there is an active market for the asset where its value can be determined, which is probable to exist at the end of its useful life - there is likely too much doubt over the future market/value for a certain player due to the amount of uncertainties and variables (performance levels, injuries, etc).

As mentioned above, Derby got into a load of trouble for trying to bend these rules.

Great answers, thanks both! 🍻

It’s the dressing room where we’ll miss him most. The willingness to win and be better has been a constant for the last decade and helped push us to our highest ever levels.

If Iversen does get the gloves (and I don’t think he will as we’re too inexperienced at the back as it is) then Ward won’t want to stop around ahead of the World Cup. He’d probably demand a move too and we’d probably need two keepers. 

A big loss if it’s true - not only is he a truly world class shot stopper, he’s also our only vocal leader. We are a team that is too nice anyway, to lose his leadership and temperament on the pitch and to lose him around the place will be a big gap to fill. A gap definitely not filled by Ward, (or Leno for those who have suggested the Arsenal reject.) 

• Like 1