Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Schmeichel

Has a fee been agreed?

Has Kasper expressed a desire to join Nice?

Personally, I think out of "star players", this is possibly the least worst to lose because our cover in that position isn't so bad, don't feel a desperate need to urgently find a replacement.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu
  • Like 1

I suspect the club have known for some time that it was happening. They've been quietly looking at options (or not so quietly if you took notice of tweets and did the right math) I appreciate it comes as a bit of a shock for most of us but if we take a step back then we can probably see it. Doesn't make it easier to take of course but all journeys come to an end. Huge respect to Kasper, he takes his place in the hall of City greats. I wish him all the best.

To be made official in the next couple of days in time for a send-off Friday??

12 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

Leno shouldnt be anywhere near our club. Such a sideways move quality wise

Go for Lafont, one of the best keepers in France last season, 23 years old and actually does what we want/ need from a keeper. 2 years left on his deal so it shouldnt be that hard to get hold of him

image.png.cd8b8fafa16c1cfcefc700f4bf713fd4.png

• Like 2

This won’t have come out of the blue, both parties will have been in dialogue for some time and given Kaspers closeness to the owner I imagine it will have been done with his full knowledge. 

as a keeper I think he is replaceable and possible we could improve on him but as a leader and as a man I think he is irreplaceable. True legend and if he does leave in the next few days/weeks then I am even more blessed for having the opportunity to chat and have a photo with him at the team hotel prior to the Preston game. 

I wonder if the story has broke because we are very close to confirming his replacement be that an internal promotion or a new signing. 

4 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Leno shouldnt be anywhere near our club. Such a sideways move quality wise

Go for Lafont, one of the best keepers in France last season, 23 years old and actually does what we want/ need from a keeper. 2 years left on his deal so it shouldnt be that hard to get hold of him

image.png.cd8b8fafa16c1cfcefc700f4bf713fd4.png

I know nothing about Lafont but on the basis Leno is garbage, gerrriimmmminnnn!

Words can’t describe how much of a legend he is - he’s had big moments in winning everything here and squaring off a lot of boxes re trophies. However, I do think he’s dropped off a bit in the last 18 months. His shot stopping is beyond reproach, but he’s flawed from corners and we’ve been exploited relentlessly for it.

Everyone’s time comes to an end eventually, and it would be nice if he got to say goodbye. He’s up there Vardy and others as being our most iconic players. 

I assume this has been mentioned but surely we are not offering him a new contract and they are offering him 2 or 3 years? So he would be all over it. Makes sense to get him off the wage bill but I am very surprised with this as thought he would leave next season if at all. 

1 minute ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Also wasn't Leno dropped by Arsenal after 3 consecutive defeats that's why they suddenly brought Ramsdale 

Really don't want any crap from the Arse, it's bad enough that they are always after our players!.

• Like 1