Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Schmeichel

11 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Getting old, champions league football, beautiful place to retire to. 

Yeah yeah ok,

But apart from..

Champions league football,

Getting old,

Beautiful place to retire to..

Why the fvck is he going there!!?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, don_danbury said:

i thought they were in the europa next season?

Ligue 1

• Champions League: Paris St. Germain (PSG), Marseille
  • Champions League qualification: Monaco 
  • Europa League: Rennes
  • Conference League qualification: Nice
  • Like 2

Kasper's an absolute Leicester City legend. We're definitely going to miss his shot stopping, leadership and general experience. A Championship, Premier League and FA Cup winner, a Champions League quarter finalist and a Europa Conference League semi-finalist. If he does go, I thank him from the bottom of my heart for the memories.

At 35, I understand why he may want a change of scenery and to continue playing European football. Nice may not have Champions League football at the moment but their owner is rich and ambitious. If PSG slip up, you can bet they'd be aiming to win the title. Kasper could easily be their #1 for a Champions League season in 23/24.

Now, as much of a legend as he is, let's not pretend that a new keeper could have strengths that Kasper doesn't, sucb as coming out and catching crosses or punching them away more effectively. Iversen, for example, is very tall and his shot stopping has been remarkable at Preston. In all likelihood, whether it's Ward, Iversen or Stolarczyk, or a keeper we're bringing in, the guy who'll replace Kasper will not be as good... at first. It's likely that any new #1 will need time to build a relationship with his defenders, the manager  coaches, etc.

In terms of replacing Kasper, I think we've tried very hard to avoid a situation like in 16/17 when it was painfully obvious that Zieler wasn't up to Premier League standard. We have a very able backup in Danny Ward and had a third-choice with good experience in Eldin Jakupovic. Unfortunately for them, since 16/17, Kasper just stayed fit. As a result, Jakupovic has now left and we're still a little unsure as to whether Ward is good enough.

If we do bring someone else in, I think it'll also be the end of Ward's spell at the club and Iversen will compete with the new guy.

• Like 3

Just now, kingkisnorbo said:

There’s evidently an internal reason why he’s chosen to entertain the interest from Nice too. I’m sure we’ll never find out but I bet it goes further than a decent offer and a stab at the conference league. 

They’re probably offering him a long contract

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

why the hell is he going there?

47 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

It’s nice 

44 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I suppose it is quite nice 

neither of you are funny… NOT ONE BIT!

• Haha 2

We have two established reserve keepers, when fit.

We have two promising young keepers.

If Kasper really goes then play Iverson and have him compete with Ward and Jakupovic as they gain fitness.

The goalie larder has been fully stocked for years, our (p)reserves will rot if we dont use them soon

• Like 1

Just now, He aint bald said:

We have two established reserve keepers, when fit.

We have two promising young keepers.

If Kasper really goes then play Iverson and have him compete with Ward and Jakupovic as they gain fitness.

The goalie larder has been fully stocked for years, our (p)reserves will rot if we dont use them soon

Jakupovic has left 

1 hour ago, ThurmastonFox said:

Really daft point. We must have agreed to let him talk to nice to agree terms. Otherwise it’s tapping up. How did we let it get to being public knowledge without a signing in place?

I guess the club can't really control what leaks emerge from prospective buyers.

3 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

There’s evidently an internal reason why he’s chosen to entertain the interest from Nice too. I’m sure we’ll never find out but I bet it goes further than a decent offer and a stab at the conference league. 

Guess the question is, do we as a club acquiesce to his desire for more Euro football, possibly yes, as we have few who are deserving of such decency. He goes with our best wishes and he forever thanks us for it. A decent end of the line for both parties.

Thats how I see it.

• Like 2