Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Schmeichel

Just now, Matt said:

Because whilst it's nice to have morals, be this 'nice', 'caring' club, its part of the reason we're in the position we are, overpaying players, giving players contracts out of sentiment and shitting ourselves of FFP when no other club seems to  be bothered or abide by the rules. 

Come on, be serious.

He ran to the helicopter on fire that his father died in. There is nothing like this elsewhere.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Because whilst it's nice to have morals, be this 'nice', 'caring' club, its part of the reason we're in the position we are, overpaying players, giving players contracts out of sentiment and shitting ourselves of FFP when no other club seems to  be bothered or abide by the rules. 

The other option is we subside his wage over the next couple of seasons in exchange for a small fee (under £5m). It probably more or less works out the same value. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Number 6 said:

It has been a great luxury to not have to worry about who was between the sticks for 10 years. Big shoes to fill.

100% this. It was the best part of a decade's wait for a competent keeper and a bloody painful one at that. People just love change in the hope something better comes along. I'd say it's about 90% that won't be the case here.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Corky said:

Nice must be loving this, a top keeper for nothing when they should be paying £4 million or so.

We don't know ,but you can bet there's a justifible reason for it. It could be instead of paying him a final payment at the end of his Contract

with a small bit of thanks for his contribution to the Clubs successes.

11 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Come on, be serious.

He ran to the helicopter on fire that his father died in. There is nothing like this elsewhere.

Changing the subject abit there.

He goes with my blessing, as others have said he's a legend (for the reason you've said alone) and if I were him, i'd want to leave this shite.

However once again I'm looking at how the club has and is being run.

Everyone's making alot about out squad being over populated, wages being sky high, players here on sentiment - it's the clubs own making, now i'm going to be contradictory here, a few years back I was posing question why we were being beaten to signings and I was preached to that we have a tight wage structure that would not be broken - clearly not.

You've asked why people are questioning how we're not getting a fee, we're too nice, on and off the pitch, we have in the past and it seems we are still.

Edited by Matt
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Matt said:

He goes with my blessing, as others have said he's a legend and if I were him, i'd want to leave this shite.

Everyone's making alot about out squad being over populated, wages being sky high, players here on sentiment.

You've asked why people are questioning how we're not getting a fee, we're too nice, on and off the pitch, we have in the past and it seems we are still.

We’re not getting a fee as he can leave to an overseas club for free as he’s in the last year of his contract . 

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

He goes with my blessing, as others have said he's a legend and if I were him, i'd want to leave this shite.

Everyone's making alot about out squad being over populated, wages being sky high, players here on sentiment.

Sounds like someone needs a boo boo fixer.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

We can get a fee but then we will likely have to pay the difference between what nice will pay him and what he will get here. it’s swings and roundabouts…..

allowing him to leave for nothing in return for his service looks good on the club and probably costs us v little. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, baldeagle said:

We’re not getting a fee as he can leave to an overseas club for free as he’s in the last year of his contract . 

He can sign a pre contract with a foreign club in Jan but he has to stay until June. 

he can’t leave for free now. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Interestingly not a lot coming out of English media surely now this has broken would have thought Percy and other LCFC insiders would have picked up on this. 

I thought this, I half expect it to be quashed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I can only assume the stats showing his underperformance relate to set pieces and set pieces alone. His shot stopping ability from open play is extraordinary. I know he HAS to take plenty of the blame for the set piece problems as he stays rooted to his line but we've always known that's a weakness and I don't see where else he's underperforming.

From what I recall, I think he had the second worst if not worst underperformance of any goalkeeper in the Premier League in 20/21 so can't be explained by just set pieces alone. He's also been more vulnerable to shots from long range as well.

As well as making the mistake vs Tottenham a couple of years ago, he made the mistake the season before vs Bournemouth that began our collapse in that game. 

He's been a colossal presence for the club in so many ways, both on and off the pitch. But there's no doubt he hasn't been as consistent in his performances, and his lack of command in the penalty box was shown up this season without proactive defenders in front of him. 

He was genuinely world class in the season we won the league, and there has been so many inspirational performances since.

But if there is a time for us to cash in, this is it and have a goalkeeper with a higher ceiling in performance. 

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Everyone's making alot about out squad being over populated, wages being sky high, players here on sentiment - it's the clubs own making, now i'm going to be contradictory here, a few years back I was posing question why we were being beaten to signings and I was preached to that we have a tight wage structure that would not be broken - clearly not.

Sold have clarified that he can speak to continental teams now, and as they agreed terms, I would guess we have done kind thing in saying you can go now, we get to free up wages, etc.

Yes, we need to be ‘meaner’? No argument on that at all, see Hamza for example, but if we relented for anyone, it would have to be Kasper

• Like 1

No team had a higher percentage of goals conceded from set-pieces (34 per cent) last season, nor a higher number of goals conceded from crosses (15). When Ward played against Watford, he claimed three crosses. Schmeichel only claimed three crosses in total in his 15 outings before the Welshman’s debut.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

If Danny Ward is our first choice keeper next season I will give up my season ticket he's atrocious 

Far from atrocious, and hasn’t really had a long run in the team to gain confidence.

Done alright in the League Cup games, and  for Wales in the Euros 

42 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Only we could get no fee for someone of Kaspers stature in the game and current Danish number one.

18 minutes ago, Matt said:

He goes with my blessing, as others have said he's a legend (for the reason you've said alone) and if I were him, i'd want to leave this shite.

It’s more important to get his salary off the books than to receive a fee. 
After 11 years, a PL title and FA Cup we shouldn’t be standing in his way.

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We can't let him leave, half of you seem to find it very very difficult to spell Iversen's name properly.

had to be better than the butchering of Schmiechel I have seen on here, surely!

• Haha 1