Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Schmeichel

Just now, Scotch said:

We would be losing another natural leader though. Not many left in the team. Even less next season if Evans and Vardy go... 

groundsmen will sigh with relief though…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scotch said:

We would be losing another natural leader though. Not many left in the team. Even less next season if Evans and Vardy go... 

Drip feed their departures might be a good thing, would be awful if all three went at once!

• Like 1

If he wants to go, let him go..

If he wants to stay, work it out regardless.. 

I'd be happy with either. Both options are equal in my opinion.

He'll be a legend in any scenario, there is nothing that will tarnish his decision really is there? 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

From what I recall, I think he had the second worst if not worst underperformance of any goalkeeper in the Premier League in 20/21 so can't be explained by just set pieces alone. He's also been more vulnerable to shots from long range as well.

As well as making the mistake vs Tottenham a couple of years ago, he made the mistake the season before vs Bournemouth that began our collapse in that game. 

He's been a colossal presence for the club in so many ways, both on and off the pitch. But there's no doubt he hasn't been as consistent in his performances, and his lack of command in the penalty box was shown up this season without proactive defenders in front of him. 

He was genuinely world class in the season we won the league, and there has been so many inspirational performances since.

But if there is a time for us to cash in, this is it and have a goalkeeper with a higher ceiling in performance. 

Yes it feels right this season, you'd think thus has been sorted a while (if it's true) so you'd like to think we have a replacement lined up......surely?

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

Looks like some of you have gotten what you wished for then….

Personally I’m gutted.

Offloading one of the best keepers the club has ever had, whilst retaining some of the garbage we have is a little heartbreaking.

Goodbye, sweet prince…

😥

9D38A43A-AD7A-4B81-B1AB-179CE47FB41D.jpeg

Edited by Col city fan

Just now, Col city fan said:

Looks like some of you have gotten what you wished for then….

Personally I’m gutted.

Offloading one of the best keepers the club has ever had, whilst retaining some of the garbage we have is a little heartbreaking.

Goodbye, sweet prince…

😥

But it's time to go...we need to move forward and his wages will allow incomings

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, ronnup said:

But it's time to go...we need to move forward and his wages will allow incomings

The shite he’s had from many on this fookin forum is just beyond comprehension.

4 hours ago, eblair said:

anyone talking about kasper last season is deluded; the number of saves he had to make was obscene 

we conceded far too many shots on target

Keep coming back to this video.. 

Oh dear we’re really going to miss Kasper aren’t we :cry:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Shite? What on earth are you talking about? We need to bring players in. He's a top earner,  he's done his job and he is moving on. Should we never sell anyone who's been good for us out of respect.? Totally bizzare

8 minutes ago, ronnup said:

No it doesn't it allows a replacement keeper to come in meaning we still have 27/28 pros on our books meaning we still have 2 players minimum sat in the stands earning money for doing nothing. We need 4 or 5 to go before we see incomings, plural.

1 minute ago, ronnup said:

Shite? What on earth are you talking about? We need to bring players in. He's a top earner,  he's done his job and he is moving on. Should we never sell anyone who's been good for us out of respect.? Totally bizzare

Having to get rid of Schmeichel because we’re stuck with dross like Bertrand picking up big wages.. We’ve had a mare :nono:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

lol

Always focusing on the negatives. The man's had so much love for nearly a decade with about 1% of comments being negative.

I assume we'll see you being more positive about Dan going forwards if you feel so strongly about criticism?

Just now, Ric Flair said:

This is far too quiet from the British media, especially given they'd already reported the possible interest. If this was as cast iron as L'Equipe had made it then they'd be all over it.

Good chance Kasper and representatives are keeping quiet their end and it's just someone at Nice that's leaked it?

Given the fact that Kasper is a proper bloke and seems to have a strong moral code it wouldn't surprise me if there's an agreement with the  club for him and his people to keep quiet about it until anything is official.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

This is far too quiet from the British media, especially given they'd already reported the possible interest. If this was as cast iron as L'Equipe had made it then they'd be all over it.

Possibly because it's Nice he's being linked with instead of one of the 'big six' or Newcastle? And therefore the British media couldn't care less.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
Just now, filbertway said:

lol

Always focusing on the negatives. The man's had so much love for nearly a decade with about 1% of comments being negative.

I assume we'll see you being more positive about Dan going forwards if you feel so strongly about criticism?

Dan gets criticism cos he’s rubbish. Kasper is a proper legend. 
Seeing him go before some of the dross we’ve got who we can’t shift, is a bad day for the club.

Though it sounds like you’re perfectly happy about, which does not surprise me in the least.