Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Schmeichel

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Possibly because it's Nice he's being linked with instead of one of the 'big six' or Newcastle? And therefore the British media couldn't care less.

They've already reported Nice's interest the same day it was reported in France. 

15 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

The shite he’s had from many on this fookin forum is just beyond comprehension.

You think Kasper has had grief, there's this one poster who hates Amartey.

And before you take this literally it's a joke, they aren't on the same level. Kasper is actually a legend.

Just now, Col city fan said:

Dan gets criticism cos he’s rubbish. Kasper is a proper legend. 
Seeing him go before some of the dross we’ve got who we can’t shift, is a bad day for the club.

Though it sounds like you’re perfectly happy about, which does not surprise me in the least.

Aye, this summer or next I'm okay with. Very intrigued to see how Iversen steps up if he gets a crack. Keeping Kasper around when he clearly has his heart set on europe will do us or him no good. He's served the club fantastically and deserves a chance to go and pursue that while he still can. I'm absolutely fine with a player in their mid 30s moving on. There's no room for sentiment on the pitch mate.

As I said earlier, I hope he's at least still here for the Sevilla game so he can get a proper sending off from the fans, although it sounds like he had a bit of emotional goodbye on the lap of honour last season.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
3 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

You think Kasper has had grief, there's this one poster who hates Amartey.

And before you take this literally it's a joke, they aren't on the same level. Kasper is actually a legend.

Yes I prefer proper heroes, not cult heroes. The latter is for daft kids Imo.

The fact that we have rubbish like Amartey, Vestie and Bertrand at the club means we can’t progress. 
The club has fooked up good and proper in this respect.

Edited by Col city fan

Guest Col city fan
Just now, SheppyFox said:

Cols keyboard is getting some right hammer tonight 😂 

Genuinely upset mate. Although it might be the ‘right move’, for the player and the club, it’s pinching a little. Especially as some genuinely don’t seem to give a toss

Just now, Col city fan said:

Yes I do proper heroes, not cult heroes. The latter is for daft kids Imo.

The fact that we have rubbish like Amartey, Vestie and Bertrand at the club means we can’t progress. 
The club has fooked up good and proper in this respect.

Must be boring being you, football is just as much about the cult heroes as it is the bigger heroes. Amartey has been here since we won the league, after the initial post title dip we've progressed so don't think you can include him really. Also you want the club to progress but Kasper was going to leave eventually.

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Genuinely upset mate. Although it might be the ‘right move’, for the player and the club, it’s pinching a little. Especially as some genuinely don’t seem to give a toss

I think most have made their peace with it, I'm already at peace with Vards leaving. I was convinced we would sell him to an MLS team this summer to be honest lol

I'll be throwing a street party if we get rid of Vestergaard and Bertrand

Edited by filbertway
  • Like 1

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Kasper was going most likely in twelve months 

No doubting that. But allowing him to walk for nothing when we could surely get anything from 5 to 10 million for him. Is some huge thanks from the owners. I wonder why he's decided now is the time and not juat wait another 12 months. He always speaks of being wanted and finding that home at Leicester. 

Just now, Bayfox said:

No doubting that. But allowing him to walk for nothing when we could surely get anything from 5 to 10 million for him. Is some huge thanks from the owners. I wonder why he's decided now is the time and not juat wait another 12 months. He always speaks of being wanted and finding that home at Leicester. 

Is the going for free thing confirmed? I was sure we'd get a fee for him. It's not like Nice are short of a bob or two.

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

I think most have made their peace with it, I'm already at peace with Vards leaving. I was convinced we would sell him to an MLS team this summer to be honest lol

I'll be throwing a street party if we get rid of Vestergaard and Bertrand

I'll never be at peace with Vardy leaving unless daka has scored 50 the previous season lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve no issue with this one. 

He’s a reason why we struggle to defend from corners. 

Nice have an owner that’s a gazsilionaire though, so money isn’t an issue if this is a free transfer. 

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

Must be boring being you, football is just as much about the cult heroes as it is the bigger heroes. Amartey has been here since we won the league, after the initial post title dip we've progressed so don't think you can include him really. Also you want the club to progress but Kasper was going to leave eventually.

Mate, making footballers into cult heroes has got to indicate extreme boredom and an unfulfilled existence.

But you fill your boots. Each to their own I guess.

I’ll just miss having such a quality player and bloke at our football club. Kasper I mean, not Dan

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Yeah I hear you mate, I think we’ll miss him, but a large part of that is for leadership and really being a talisman for the club. I personally think we’re short on on-field leadership as it is, that’s a bigger concern for me than replacing him as a player, which I think we can do. 

• Like 1

Just now, filbertway said:

Is the going for free thing confirmed? I was sure we'd get a fee for him. It's not like Nice are short of a bob or two.

Well it's as confirmed as him leaving currently. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Just now, Bayfox said:

The opportunity at Nice has arisen as their main keeper target fell through. They need a senior keeper for a couple of years tops as they have a prospect in back up. 

We are taking the word of a newspaper which is incredibly hit and miss with transfer rumours as gospel - firstly that the deal actually exists and secondarily the details of it. 

We sign a keeper on £70k a week, that’s £3 million saving on wages alone. We can structure transfer money over years so any reasonable transfer fee for an incoming keeper is not so much an issue