Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Schmeichel

35 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

It’s not taboo. It just smacks of immaturity and boredom. I do think it’s mainly the realm of the younger generation which I’m assuming you are.

But as I said, if you’re happy to see legends like Schmeichel leave the club whilst defending your cult heroes to the hilt, that’s your perogative. 
Personally I see it as the start to the end of an era. The most special era in the clubs history. And as a lifelong City fan, that’s hard to take. And especially when we see our better players leave and the rubbish still remain.

Change is inevitable. I just hope it’s going to be change for the better.

Players are always going to leave, Its a fact of life !! 

Players now are no  longer Premier quality but still can play at lower levels have the right to prolong their career.

Football was, is & always will be a business for both owners & players so when a player sees an opportunity to extend his career they are going to take it.   Also when a club sees a chance to shave 75 plus off the wage bill they are all over it. Sentiment  is lovely but has no place in football.

17 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Where’s everyone gotten that we’d give away Kasper for free to Nice?

OP's post based on the l'Equipe piece

8 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Apparently no fee - does suggest to me the whole “we are fine for paying transfer fee’s but just need to get wages off the books” is true

Also looks like we are going for a new player rather than Ward/Iversen

The Leicester goalkeeper is an ambitious but accessible target because he has, according to our information, agreed to join the Azure club. Although the Dane (35) is under contract until 2023 with Leicester, where he has been playing since 2011, he is able to sign for free in a foreign team this summer, provided that the Foxes find him a replacement. They have not yet succeeded and this is what is currently blocking the arrival of Peter Schmeichel's son on the Côte d'Azur.

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Kasper-schmeichel-d-accord-pour-rejoindre-nice-mais-leicester-doit-encore-trouver-son-remplacant/1345459

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Sly said:

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Kasper-schmeichel-d-accord-pour-rejoindre-nice-mais-leicester-doit-encore-trouver-son-remplacant/1345459

After the turnaround of Yann Sommer, Borussia Mönchengladbach goalkeeper who finally refused to join the Gym, the people of Nice are looking for another number 1 to succeed Walter Benitez, a free party at PSV Eindhoven, and they chose Kasper Schmeichel, as revealed on Saturday on our website.

The Leicester goalkeeper is an ambitious but accessible target because he has, according to our information, agreed to join the Azure club. Although the Dane (35) is under contract until 2023 with Leicester, where he has been playing since 2011, he is able to sign for free in a foreign team this summer, provided that the Foxes find him a replacement. They have not yet succeeded and this is what is currently blocking the arrival of Peter Schmeichel's son on the Côte d'Azur.

21 minutes ago, KingsX said:

OP's post based on the l'Equipe piece

Has anyone ever heard of that version of a Bosman? This is the first time I’ve read of any rule like that but that doesn’t mean it hadn’t existed.

It makes no sense at all. I imagine something is lost in translation as in Kasper is “free to leave” as long as we can bring in a replacement. 

1 minute ago, The_77 said:

Has anyone ever heard of that version of a Bosman? This is the first time I’ve read of any rule like that but that doesn’t mean it hadn’t existed.

It makes no sense at all. I imagine something is lost in translation as in Kasper is “free to leave” as long as we can bring in a replacement. 

I’d imagine it’s a “gentleman’s agreement”, as Kasper wants European football, we’re screwed on wages and he’s close to Top.

If you’re Ward or even potentially Iversen, you’re also now asking for a move though. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I don’t see replacing Kasper as anything remotely like replacing Mahrez TBH.  Apples and oranges - completely different in terms of intangibles, and to be frank Schmeichel is nowhere near as elite at his position as Mahrez is.  What you’ll likely see is a trade off- we get worse in terms of shot stopping, better in terms of distribution and set pieces.  With this likely to be a mediocre season and wages/general budget being a big issue, I’d as soon give Iverson and Ward a season to audition rather than pay big money for another keeper.

The elephant in the room here is what happens in terms of the team chemistry.  Kasper was at the center of the player power circle, and clearly an enormous influence in the locker room.  That aspect of the club is going to change in a big way.  For better or worse - though I’m not convinced the club will be sorry to see that appen.

you’re right.

Kasper has been far more important to the club than Mahrez simply because of the longevity of his stay, his commitment and his leadership.:P he’s been stand our performer has never camped out in an airport he’s never disrespected us in the media and has always been grateful to be here

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, MPH said:

you’re right.

Kasper has been far more important to the club than Mahrez simply because of the longevity of his stay, his commitment and his leadership.:P he’s been stand our performer has never camped out in an airport he’s never disrespected us in the media and has always been grateful to be here

None of which changes the fact that as a player, he’s far easier to replace than Mahrez.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

None of which changes the fact that as a player, he’s far easier to replace than Mahrez.

but has given us a far greater contribution than Mahrez did!

Edited by MPH

The three hardest players to replace from 15/16 were Vardy, Mahrez and Kante. 

They were the three players that added the gold dust to an incredible team. 

What Kasper has given us for 10 years, is a great goalkeeper. He isn’t push the worlds elite like those three though. He’s been a great servant to the club though and a leader on and off the pitch. Similar to the loss of Morgan and Fuchs last season, this will have an impact. It’s a shame Tielemans may be off within 12 months, as he’s the leader we’ll need right now. It’s similar to what happened with Joe Hart in many ways, however will a millions times more grace. 

We could improve here if this is done correctly. Sanchez is the goalkeeper we’d like, however the fee Brighton would want is crazy. 

Leno won’t happen unless we don’t pay a fee or he halves his wages. His wages aren’t dissimilar to Kasper. 

Lafont has loads of upside. Not sure on the language / communication. It would help having Fofana in front of him. Let’s just swap Soyuncu with Saliba as well eh Brendan? 

I’d really like us to go for Diogo Costa at FC Porto. 

Maarten Vandevoordt at Genk would be an option, however he doesn’t have the games under his belt really. 

Or …. We just go with Iversen. Whichever root we take it’s a risk! 

• Like 1

Just now, Kent-Fox said:

If kasper loves r club he will take a wage reduction and see out his time with us. 

highly doubtful though. 

Whilst I love the sentiment.

Kasper most likely does love the club/owners/players but he is also a man with a family to provide for, with a limited number of years left playing professionally.

Who wouldn’t want to retire in a lovely place like Nice, earning some serious wedge and genuinely competing for the top 4/5 places in Ligue 1.

It was always going to happen but thanks for the memories Kasper.

I just hope we have a genuine replacement lined up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

@Sly Would love us to be really brava and sign Maarten Vandevoordt

Yes, he’s going to be class. I wonder if we’d have gone brave then sent him to OHL to begin with, for experience etc. I don’t think he’s ready for the Premier League yet. 

Let’s be honest though, watching the highlight reels of all potential replacements, it’s striking just how many don’t catch the ball, and more worryingly, if making the save it’s going back into the area for follow up strikers. 

The difference between being a good shot stopper, and a great shot stopper is where the ball goes once you’ve made it. Kasper max like De Gea etc, are great shot stoppers. Iversen/ Ward aren’t at that level, so we will conceded goals on the rebound if we go down that root, whilst he learns. 

Keepers have a priority:

Be able to save.

Be able to catch.

Be commanding in the area. 
One on Ones.

Communication. 

Distribution.

Playing out from the back. 

We’ll do well to find a keeper that covers half of those well. 

Edited by Sly

22 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Whilst I love the sentiment.

Kasper most likely does love the club/owners/players but he is also a man with a family to provide for, with a limited number of years left playing professionally.

Who wouldn’t want to retire in a lovely place like Nice, earning some serious wedge and genuinely competing for the top 4/5 places in Ligue 1.

It was always going to happen but thanks for the memories Kasper.

I just hope we have a genuine replacement lined up.

Family to provide for.  7 mill a year not anuf for him? Yes moving to a great location. But poor league. 

I wish him all the best still. 

So.... when do you think he'll actually go?

Are we're all assuming it's before the start of the season? With us to let him go without bringing in a replacement? Or is he here, as Equipe said, until we bring someone in? 

8 minutes ago, taupe said:

So.... when do you think he'll actually go?

Are we're all assuming it's before the start of the season? With us to let him go without bringing in a replacement? Or is he here, as Equipe said, until we bring someone in? 

Why do we need to bring in another keeper when we have ward and iversen   you would have thought ward would have taken over from kasper and iversen as our 2nd keeper