Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Schmeichel

Just now, John rayner said:

Why do we need to bring in another keeper when we have ward and iversen   you would have thought ward would have taken over from kasper and iversen as our 2nd keeper  

If we imagine that kasper did his acl on Sunday 

ward would play for the next 9 months 

I think we will look at other options but if we can’t buy a target at the price we want to then I reckon we will stick with ward/iverson. 

the problem we would have moving forward is if both of these are obviously not cutting it then we will get rinsed for a keeper in the next window or next summer. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John rayner said:

Why do we need to bring in another keeper when we have ward and iversen   you would have thought ward would have taken over from kasper and iversen as our 2nd keeper  

Would you feel confident with them as number 1 and 2? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John rayner said:

That aside*, the question was when do people think this will happen? 

(*Fwiw, I've already given my thoughts on that one) 

2 minutes ago, tylesta said:

You wouldn't know till one of them has a good run of games. 

Like any new transfer as such..can say its a great signing but till they have settled in/had a run of games you don't really know how it's working out. 

• Like 1

Whilst Kasper has his flaws, neither Iversen or Ward are at his level. 

At some point within the next 12 months, that baton needed to be passed, be it to them or another. 

If we do look to sign another keeper, I’d imagine Ward will look to move on also. So we’d most likely need to backfill his a lot with an experienced 3rd choice GK. 

Kasper has been a mainstay and whilst many (myself included) have called for him to be dropped due to poor form at times, it’s not like we’ve ever had to worry about that position. This transfer just adds another layer of uncertainty to the upcoming season. 

• Like 4

Ward was (I think) £12m….and a Welsh international, and in the few games he has played has been outstanding when picked.

At the same time Iversen is ready to be understudy….can’t see us replacing Kasper, it’s a wage off the bill, and that’s how it is…Kasper has been outstanding for the club, and obviously it will be a blow to lose him, but if not this season it would be next….

28 minutes ago, tylesta said:

Not at the moment, however neither has been given the chance in the Premier League for a decent run of games. Sometimes takes a few games to get to the pace / demands of a Premier League game. Much different to friendlies and cup games.

Give them a run and they may flourish.

13 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Ward was (I think) £12m….and a Welsh international, and in the few games he has played has been outstanding when picked.

At the same time Iversen is ready to be understudy….can’t see us replacing Kasper, it’s a wage off the bill, and that’s how it is…Kasper has been outstanding for the club, and obviously it will be a blow to lose him, but if not this season it would be next….

Iversen isn’t ready. Ward isn’t good enough. I hear the ‘he’s been good for Wales’ argument a lot on FT, but when did Wales win anything and how often do they actually play. We need a #1 that’s going to get out there confidently week in week out.

If the plans is to build up Iversen when Kasper goes, we need a short term signing for an experienced keeper. Ben Foster isn’t the answer either because he’s passed it. He should focus on his podcast 😂

4 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Not sure the relevance of "When did Wales win anything?" You could apply that to a shit ton of international sides.

Neither is Ward the only player in the team. You're right, it was a daft thing to say and of no relevance. George Best was rubbish too!

1 hour ago, Kent-Fox said:

Family to provide for.  7 mill a year not anuf for him? Yes moving to a great location. But poor league. 

I wish him all the best still. 

I was half asleep when wrote that so probably over egged it a bit BUT the sentiment is the same…a professional footballers career is very short.

Players owe their clubs nothing sadly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John rayner said:

Ward as our number one? No thank you.

8 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Several of those players apparently do have suitors but we demanding fees. If we allowed hamza and perez for example to leave for nothing I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be an issue, but you are correct there's no way the clubs linked wan to pay 10 to 15 million and wages.

Seems 10 years of service has brought kasper enough good will to walk for nothing.

That's fine. Just not sure any of this shows us as well run.

The notion it’s a free transfer is from a Google translated article.Could quite easily be an error and it reads ‘available as a free from next summer’

Be gutted to see him go, what a man he is. 

Even with a new signing, we won't replace Kasper. It may take time for a new keeper to settle. Kaspers been her so long it will be a monumental shift for the team to not have him there. 

Personally, with the issues we have, I'd give ward and Iverson a shot. They may not be at the level of a club hoping for top 6 but even if they can be solid enough they would be an option for a lower/promoted team in future with a chance of getting a good wedge for them. 

Right now, they are both unproven in the prem so let's give them a go and see where we are next summer when the real rebuild occurs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Reg Vardy said:

Nothing screams outstanding like conceding 4 V Forest IMO.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Always thought we should get Nick Pope from Burnley

Another layer of issues, that a highlights reel make him look better than he is. Good keeper, not great, as Newcastle will find out.