Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Schmeichel

4 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Would we say Ward and/ or Iversen are better than at least SOME first choice keepers in the league? 

Most probably not, but how are they supposed to improve if they are not challenged?

More this drags on the more I'm coming round to the idea of giving Iversen a chance. Only issue is that if he doesn't play well, January we'll get absolutely mullered for cash trying to sign a keeper.

I really do think Ward just needs to be sold, don't think he's good enough, nor ever will be, so if that happens, then maybe we'll sign a new number 1. No point keeping 3 keepers and then signing a new one aswell, we're just hoarding them and wasting thousands a week.

31 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Some players are late developers, lucky we didn’t sell Vardy because he was older and have the same “ceiling”as a younger player.

Iverson has played a lot more matches 

Harry Ramsdale 's kicking is suspect... always just chips the ball out. And his handling is a bit fishy.

Don't want anyone like him or we'll get battered most weeks.

• Haha 3

My question is, if Iversen was as good as everyone clearly thinks.

Why was he not made number 2 last season after a successful loan at Preston for 6 months and being 24 years of age .

Also just 2 years ago In August 2020, Iversen joined Belgian First Division A team Oud-Heverlee Leuven on a season-long loan.[11]Iversen started five games before suffering a hip injury in the match against Oostende. Following his return from injury, he became second choice goalkeeper behind Rafael Romo, which resulted in his loan being terminated on 7 January 2021.

Everyone points to a successful season at Preston and how he got player of the season in a team that finished 13th.

This one season appear to be the outlier in his career.

Ward earned good reviews for Huddersfield when they got promoted in 16/17

Edited by HankMarvin

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

He wasn't made number 2 here because he wanted to be playing every week rather than taking up the position Ward has of playing about 5 games in 4 years

Surely that would’ve been the clubs decision not the players, if he was a significantly better option as a number 2. 

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Surely that would’ve been the clubs decision not the players, if he was a significantly better option as a number 2. 

The club will have seen it as beneficial for him to be playing every week and developing rather than rotting on our bench and not getting any game time

• Like 3

I don't really understand why Nice would want to sign him. Better chuck that money and 3 year contract at a younger keeper such the guy below or similar rather than at a 35 year old who is probably starting to enter the period of inevitable decline

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

I’ve seen lots of highlight real saves, but he didn’t look to great here though.

Probably a reason why only Championship clubs were sniffing round at the end of the season.

Personally I’d prefer a new GK brought in 

Did you literally go searching for the 1! poor game he had for Preston?

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

What was the point of signing Danny Ward for 12 million if hes not going to be given a chance at being Kaspers successor? I say give Ward/Iversen an opportunity then reassess in Jan 

Would we really want Ward as number 1. Reminds me of a peak Mark Grew 

20 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Did you literally go searching for the 1! poor game he had for Preston?

Yeah must of just stumbled on that one game how’s my luck.

There are quite a lot of examples tbh, seems to be rooted to his line a lot.

goals 3-4 pretty poor 

Edited by HankMarvin

5 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Yeah must of just stumbled on that one game how’s my luck.

There are quite a lot of examples tbh, seems to be rooted to his line a lot.

goals 3-4 pretty poor 

Depends if you are going to go through and watch every single game he has ever played and start only highlighting his errors, or take the opinion of Preston fan's who have watched him for 18 months who are going to have a much more well formed opinion on him

• Like 2

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Depends if you are going to go through and watch every single game he has ever played and start only highlighting his errors, or take the opinion of Preston fan's who have watched him for 18 months who are going to have a much more well formed opinion on him

It’s not highlighting errors it’s looking at their biggest defeats and watching the goals.

Preston fans may have slightly lower expectations.

You just said Luton was his one bad performance.

This looked pretty shite as well.

It feels to me that in this current predicament, we are very much in a reactive stance rather than a proactive one.  Worrying times.  

It also doesn't help that we're looking at a position that isn't a top priority for change and it takes our eyes off the situation of areas in the team that do need to be sorted asap.  

Edited by Legend_in_blue

8 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

It’s not highlighting errors it’s looking at their biggest defeats and watching the goals.

I expect you are also going through and looking at his good performances as well and then forming your whole opinion on him?

If you go through only looking at a goalkeepers poor games, you will think every goalkeeper is bad

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Same fans that rate him higher then Pickford who they had on loan, 12 month before Everton paid 25m for him.

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

My question is, if Iversen was as good as everyone clearly thinks.

Why was he not made number 2 last season after a successful loan at Preston for 6 months and being 24 years of age .

Everyone points to a successful season at Preston and how he got player of the season in a team that finished 13th.

This one season appear to be the outlier in his career.

Ward earned good reviews for Huddersfield when they got promoted in 16/17

How would we have benefitted recalling him halfway through a very successful loan spell, when we didn’t really need him back? Would’ve made no sense and being counterproductive to the reason he was sent on loan.