Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Schmeichel

“■ He interested in Nice
 ■ No contractual agreement as it stands
 ■ Leicester are OK to let him go under certain conditions
 ■ Not expected to go free
 ■ The Foxes have a limited budget to replace him.”

Edited by LestaLad

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

I’ve seen lots of highlight real saves, but he didn’t look to great here though.

Probably a reason why only Championship clubs were sniffing round at the end of the season.

Personally I’d prefer a new GK brought in 

I could go on youtube and find highlights of matches where Ederson, De gea, Allison and Lloris all look p*ss poor.

I'm fairly confident he had more good games than he did bad for PNE. The fact he won an award for the whole season backs that up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, South Shire Fox said:

What was the point of signing Danny Ward for 12 million if hes not going to be given a chance at being Kaspers successor? I say give Ward/Iversen an opportunity then reassess in Jan 

Because we’ve seen more than enough to know Ward isn’t good enough 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

I’ve seen lots of highlight real saves, but he didn’t look to great here though.

Probably a reason why only Championship clubs were sniffing round at the end of the season.

All keepers have off days as do all players. Overall for the season he was Preston player of the season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

I've seen a lot of Schmeichel but he doesn't look too great here either

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

All keepers have off days as do all players. Overall for the season he was Preston player of the season.

That’s great, at that level

but that doesn’t mean he is going to be good enough to to be a top 10 Prem Goalkeeper.

If he was one of the best/better Goalkeepers in the Championship last year,

surely Fulham would’ve fully aware of his performances week in week out, they were on the look out for a new GK.

Yet he has only been linked to Sunderland and Boro.

A lot of fans seem to be pining their hopes on him, whilst dismissing Wards chances. it’s big shoes to fill and from what I have seen of the highlights and pre season.

The Jury’s out, as it is with Ward.

I hope either one succeeds and make the position their own, and the funds are used to strengthen other areas.

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

That’s great, at that level

but that doesn’t mean he is going to be good enough to to be a top 10 Prem Goalkeeper.

If he was one of the best/better Goalkeepers in the Championship last year,

surely Fulham would’ve fully aware of his performances week in week out, they were on the look out for a new GK.

Yet he has only been linked to Sunderland and Boro.

A lot of fans seem to be pining their hopes on him, whilst dismissing Wards chances. it’s big shoes to fill and from what I have seen of the highlights and pre season.

The Jury’s out, as it is with Ward.

I hope either one succeeds and make the position their own, and the funds are used to strengthen other areas.

Long time ago I know but we signed Gordon Banks from Chesterfield. The big sides of the time like Man U, Wolves etc missed him. KDH was on loan at Luton and did OK last season. By the same token nobody would ever jump up from the reserves to the first team. Not saying Iversen is the answer but why keep him if not rated. Would be better to sell to a Sunderland or Middlesbrough.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Countless examples of Schmeichel looking dogshit too. Pretty much every keeper for that matter. 

Doesn’t seem too long ago, seemed most people posting on here wanted him gone, can’t kick, crap with crosses, don’t mention corners….now it seems he is an irreplaceable legend that disaster looms without him….odd place this Foxestalk….oh and he would have left next May anyway…..the biggest detrimental aspect him leaving will have I’d the belief in the dressing room….he is certainly a leader….and as a club we don’t have that many….

3 hours ago, MPH said:

I have a feeling that any new keeper will have to be An absolute world class player to win some fans over..

Well according to the Balllon D'or folks, Kasper is the 7th best keeper in the world. Apart from that, some people think a guy who's played 1 league game in 4 seasons should be given a run out.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

According to Jason Bourne kasper is on media rounds today so I doubt it's imminent 

So.... we are all just getting our knickers in a twist? Over something that may not happen until next summer, when it was going to anyway?

Can I then frame current events as... a verbal agreement has been reached by all parties for next summer, Kasper can go sooner subject to Leicester finding a new keeper (which may not happen this window). This agreement is, in itself, nothing out of the ordinary BUT is has been leaked - it wouldn't ordinarily have been formally announced until the new year.

Do we stand down and stop getting all hot and bothered over who is to take over; Ward, Iverson or Iversen? Because we've in all likelihood got Kasper until at least the next window.   

Edit: nothing has been announced in the press formally (in the UK) because there is no formal agreement as yet. It's all just gentlemen's agreements and intentions at this stage. It cannot be formally announced until Jan at the earliest. Until then, things could happen, minds could change and it could all just fall apart (I'm not suggesting it will btw) All that's happened is that this agreement in principle has been leaked and we've all gone off the high board over it.

Edited by taupe

FoxesTalk job advert:

Wanted

New first team goalkeeper for the coming Premier League season to play for mid table but ambitious club.  Must be good with the ball at their feet and be able to pass accurately over long distances and be comfortable on the ball in tight situations within the penalty area.  Must have a strong 'presence' in the box, earning the respect of colleagues in the process and be confident in coming for and collecting high balls into the area, often under pressure.  You should be a competent shop stopper, dealing with both long range strikes as well as one-on-one situations against some of the very best strikers in the world.  You should also have an excellent track record at saving penalties.  The ability to play multiple games consecutively across the season without making any mistakes is essential.  Previous Premier League experience, especially with a Big 6 team is desirable, but not essential.  You need to be available for less than £20 million and willing to be paid no more than half what our previous goalkeeper was paid.

:fc:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Well according to the Balllon D'or folks, Kasper is the 7th best keeper in the world. Apart from that, some people think a guy who's played 1 league game in 4 seasons should be given a run out.

The only opinion that is going to matter is our coaching staff and if we allow Schmeichel to go then they must think whoever is going to replace him is ready now. They are the ones putting their jobs on the line if this goes wrong. We were going to have this problem in 12 months regardless.  

Whenever his contract has been close to ending his Agent has managed to eek out a few more quid from the Club 

Always seemed to be strong transfer rumours appearing on social media for some reason ……..

But maybe it was always just a coincidence 

This time is slightly different in the fact that he is going next summer anyway but I’ll believe this rumour when I see it

• Like 1