Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Schmeichel

17 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Just play Iverson... at work I always promote... you know their strengths and weaknesses and it encourages others.

Surely we bought him for this moment

This is my approach as well. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sly said:

Whoever we sign or fills that role for this coming season, the fans will find frustrating, as that person isn’t Kasper. 

Like I said this morning. We’ve not had to worry about our goalkeeper situation for such a long time as it’s been in safe hands. We’ve reached a point where in the foreseeable future it won’t be. 

We are reaching the end of an era. I’d expect Amartey, Vardy and Albrighton all to have gone within 18 months as well. Thus, closing the book in the 15/16 squad. 

Whoever we bring in, then has the chance to grab the golden ring, as we now have better training facilities, a better setup, a stronger squad, all thanks to those players who paved the way before them. 

However with greater performance, come great expectations and as a club, we’re no longer comfortable with being “little old Leicester”. We are a special club, unlike no other. Let’s not change that and let’s continue to push the elite. 

Ffs. How many fcking times? 

6 hours ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Well according to the Balllon D'or folks, Kasper is the 7th best keeper in the world. Apart from that, some people think a guy who's played 1 league game in 4 seasons should be given a run out.

Don't forget alot on here absolutely ejaculated over hamer and wanted him number 1

3 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

If true, this story appears to back up the claim that we will only let Schmeichel go if we’re able to buy a replacement - ie, the club has no intention of making Ward or Iversen number one choice. 

I doubt we let him go for free but realistically with his wage, age and length of contract what is the best we could hope for? 5m,10m? I mean the owner of Nice is loaded to another level and it would be a marquee signing but he didn't get so rich by being crazy with his dough.  It will be a sad day when Kasper goes as he is a true legend but it's either now or in 12 months so it's one of those the king is dead, long live the king moments if he does. To be fair to Kasper he probably sees we have wage issues and is maybe volunteering to go, I think he thinks that highly of the club and knows how much everyone thinks of him. Plus, we all know he wants a European adventure and Nice is a great place to be based, with some money invested from their minted owner it's only a matter of time until a team like them become regulars in the Champions League. You just need to be best of the rest. Or 2nd Best of the rest. 

Edited by desertfox2
Cl
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

If we go into this season with exactly the same squad and avoid a major injury crisis, we'll finish higher than last season. Then a major rebuild will occur next summer.

I'm not saying we won't do, the club seem to believe that hence Top's comments about targeting / expecting a higher finish which equals Europe. I'm more responding to the reports that we need to shift players on this summer otherwise we're close to breaching FFP.

Our behaviour seems to suggest that's not really the case.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

This further makes a complete mockery of the notion we are on the verge of breaching FFP and can't sign any players. If we were that desperate why haven't we agreed to letting Praet go for £7m when it's the wages that are supposedly the issue, or why have we rejected a number of bids from Atletico for Castagne who also earns a big salary here and why have we knocked back what we paid for Soumare who we've apparently told is free to leave?

Before someone argues that we are just in negotiating phase and you don't accept first offers etc, will do well to remember that whilst we do this we also make it harder and harder to then get any players in we do want to sign and unless the outgoings are highly coveted then clubs may well be happy to retreat on signing the players we are happy to let go in the belief we'll get desperate in the closing weeks of the window and sell for less / cover more of their wages.

As it stands, not much of this makes any sense. Even less so now that it appears Tielemans and Soyuncu will stay and see out their contracts and heap further pressure on us to need to sell others and raise funds / reduce wage bill.

I don't think it is about breaching FFP more we don't want to be paying the wages of 3 or 4 players who we can't fit in the squad.

We obviously have our own values of individual players' worth, which have been met, but there are still 5 weeks of the window left, and clubs will still be busy right up until midnight on the 1st of September.

Why would we sell Praet for 7m when his worth double that.

It doesn't make sense as we don't have the full picture or facts 

Just now, coolhandfox said:

I don't think it is about breaching FFP more we don't want to be paying the wages of 3 or 4 players who we can't fit in the squad.

We obviously have our own values of individual players' worth, which have been met, but there are still 5 weeks of the window left, and clubs will still be busy right up until midnight on the 1st of September.

Because we've been told it's wages that are the issue and not necessarily transfer fees, so whilst we haven't moved any players on who we want to leave such as Praet, we cannot bring any in either which is frustrating Rodgers. There is 5 weeks to go but the longer it goes on the harder it will be for us to get players too and it might be that clubs who previously wanted our fringe players have moved on or will exploit our desperation to move them on given they won't fit in the 25 man squad.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, taupe said:

So.... we are all just getting our knickers in a twist? Over something that may not happen until next summer, when it was going to anyway?

Can I then frame current events as... a verbal agreement has been reached by all parties for next summer, Kasper can go sooner subject to Leicester finding a new keeper (which may not happen this window). This agreement is, in itself, nothing out of the ordinary BUT is has been leaked - it wouldn't ordinarily have been formally announced until the new year.

Do we stand down and stop getting all hot and bothered over who is to take over; Ward, Iverson or Iversen? Because we've in all likelihood got Kasper until at least the next window.   

Edit: nothing has been announced in the press formally (in the UK) because there is no formal agreement as yet. It's all just gentlemen's agreements and intentions at this stage. It cannot be formally announced until Jan at the earliest. Until then, things could happen, minds could change and it could all just fall apart (I'm not suggesting it will btw) All that's happened is that this agreement in principle has been leaked and we've all gone off the high board over it.

I think this summerises what has probably happened well

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I'm not saying we won't do, the club seem to believe that hence Top's comments about targeting / expecting a higher finish which equals Europe. I'm more responding to the reports that we need to shift players on this summer otherwise we're close to breaching FFP.

To me it more that we have made a bit of a mess with a number of transfers, Let's clear that up and then start again.  

We have a real opportunity next some summer to move forward, with the likes of Perez, Hamza et al of the books. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think it's more that we can't buy anybody new without selling rather than we need to sell in order to avoid a breach.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

It is frustrating for everyone, but I think this is been driven from the top.

Rodgers has to take a portion of responsibility assuming he has input into our buying process. 

He also has to take some for not using the likes of Praet, and Soumare better. 

I'd rather do this than stumble into one bad window after another like Everton.

Maybe this is Top's way of saying I expect better, our recruitment has to be better. 

I agree with all of that but I can't understand the messaging from the club this summer or leading up to the summer.  

I don't know much about running a football club but I do know something about negotiation and it feels as if we've boxed ourselves into a very weak position.  

The whole Rodgers rebuild narrative last season followed by it becoming commonly known we have to sell to buy.  Surely it would have been far better to come out with a strong message at the start of the transfer window.  Get a couple of problem areas sorted swiftly with recruitment and then sit back and say we're done, we have some players for sale at the right price but we aren't desperate.  Yes, a risk, but a calculated one.  Or if the club didn't want to take that position then at least push the narrative that, in the cold light of close season, we're happy with the squad as it is and won't need to do much business, if any.  In the background try and shift some players.

We've now become trapped in the narrative that we have to sell to buy and we want to buy.  Rightly or wrongly it's now perceived we are in a pickle and it's a message being pushed in the media.  It's akin to going into negotiation which your trousers around your ankles and a big smile on your face.  Torino must be chuckling over their espresso and it hardly encourages Arsenal to do anything other that wait and see if they can get Youri for a knock down price.  

I am not in the doom and gloom camp and feel cautiously optimistic about next season with the players at our disposal but I still question how we have handled the situation generally.   

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bordersfox said:

I agree with all of that but I can't understand the messaging from the club this summer or leading up to the summer.  

I don't know much about running a football club but I do know something about negotiation and it feels as if we've boxed ourselves into a very weak position.  

It's very weird, I know that people have piled on to Rodgers for speaking about a squad rebuild, but Top himself said it would be a busy summer.

I know we sometimes put the squeeze on to maximize profits, but how much more are we going to squeeze out of Torino or Real Betis? Of the rumored outgoings, only Tielemans and Cags could get over 20 million. If it's wages, let them go; if it is getting money, still let them go, and get what we can. It's just weird.

The other aspect that just feeds any conspiracy theory part of my brain is that so many of our reported targets are still available: Is it really possible we are just waiting for a certain domino to fall before everything falls into place?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

We should not even consider selling Praet , excellent squad player

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

It's very weird, I know that people have piled on to Rodgers for speaking about a squad rebuild, but Top himself said it would be a busy summer.

I know we sometimes put the squeeze on to maximize profits, but how much more are we going to squeeze out of Torino or Real Betis? Of the rumored outgoings, only Tielemans and Cags could get over 20 million. If it's wages, let them go; if it is getting money, still let them go, and get what we can. It's just weird.

The other aspect that just feeds any conspiracy theory part of my brain is that so many of our reported targets are still available: Is it really possible we are just waiting for a certain domino to fall before everything falls into place?

Yeah I've thought much the same.  It's odd how certain people we are targeting haven't moved.  The optimist says we have some things agreed and some other things (outward movement) close to agreed which we're just waiting to get over the line.

The realist says we'll end up doing feck all and perhaps it's just a difficult market for lots of clubs.  Right wing needs addressing and, unless Cags rediscovers his form and Rodgers' confidence, we must assume Evans won't be fit for every game and we need cover.  

Whatever the case may be why make ourselves look desperate? We all know the media will jump on the slightest thing and inflate it like a shit filled party balloon.  

It would have been better surely to simply keep our mouths shut rather than talk about trades and needing a rebuild. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Praet does not want to be a squad player though, and is supposedly on very high wages so should be shifted. 

Well I think it’s one of those where it’s either Torino pay the money and if they don’t tell Praet it’s tough luck, he’s still under contract.

If Praet dosen’t want to be a squad player then maintain the high standards and make himself undroppable. It’s perfect timing really, as if Tielemans keeps messing around and this deal dosen’t signed, accumulated with nobody coming in for him this window; he could very well find himself in Praets position and Praet in the starting 11. 

• Like 1