Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Schmeichel

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

This further makes a complete mockery of the notion we are on the verge of breaching FFP and can't sign any players. If we were that desperate why haven't we agreed to letting Praet go for £7m when it's the wages that are supposedly the issue, or why have we rejected a number of bids from Atletico for Castagne who also earns a big salary here and why have we knocked back what we paid for Soumare who we've apparently told is free to leave?

Before someone argues that we are just in negotiating phase and you don't accept first offers etc, will do well to remember that whilst we do this we also make it harder and harder to then get any players in we do want to sign and unless the outgoings are highly coveted then clubs may well be happy to retreat on signing the players we are happy to let go in the belief we'll get desperate in the closing weeks of the window and sell for less / cover more of their wages.

As it stands, not much of this makes any sense. Even less so now that it appears Tielemans and Soyuncu will stay and see out their contracts and heap further pressure on us to need to sell others and raise funds / reduce wage bill.

I genuinely think we're held up by Tielemans tbh. I think it's a bit of a chain reaction. 

We don't want to sell Praet / Soumaré while we don't know if Youri is going because we'd rather sell Youri at any stage of the window and make some money than lose him for nothing. 

So we can't play hard ball with him and say "if you've not gone by this date we aren't selling cos we need to make a decision on Soumaré" for example. 

And I doubt Tielemans is messing us around himself it's just that United and Arsenal are both still fvcking around so I imagine even Youri doesn't know if he's going anywhere yet. 

Be a bit different if we were turning down money for, say, Cags or Perez and the rumour we told Brentford to get tae fvck on Vestergaard is definitely odd. But I can understand why we'd be stalling on the midfielders. 

5 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

If we go into this season with exactly the same squad and avoid a major injury crisis, we'll finish higher than last season. Then a major rebuild will occur next summer.

I would agree if everyone else stood still.

19 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

New players doesn’t automatically mean improvement. 

yeah thats what ONLY club in top 5347 league keeps saying itself in front of the mirror

I mean club management, which is untouchable on foxestalk as i see

Edited by tsintskaro
  • Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Seems to have been little in the way of stuff from the skipper in the media day yesterday.

Clubs do hide players if there is stuff about to happen.

Also think it's a little odd that we haven't even launched the goalkeeper kits yet.

57 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

There is obsession with all things new including players.

Tbh if we don't sign anyone it's not an issue we still have a fully fit squad with quality players,I've said before finished 8th last season and we were hit by injuries to many key players 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

It means an unknown, so we cant assume they have all stood still.

I never said they all improved.  But are you saying they have stood still?

8 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

It means an unknown, so we cant assume they have all stood still.

I never said they all improved.  But are you saying they have stood still?

I’m saying we don’t know how these new players at other clubs will work out (we know that as well as anybody). I’m also saying that as long as we avoid an injury crisis like last year’s (which shouldn’t be hard as it was unique in its severity), we will be much stronger this season than we were last season. I genuinely think we’re going to have a good season.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1

Schmeichel at this point in time gas given fantastic service to us and I for one wouldn't stand in his way of moving to Nice. Give the No.1 jersey to Ward he has patiently waited for it and deserves the opportunity, and make Iverson No.2 and tell him to challenge for it. as for a third choice, that is a tougher call, keep a youngster around but will they benefit from a loan somewhere and playing, or bring in an older keeper who can share experience with the group whilst knowing he will only be called upon in an emergency - I have no strong opinion but I'd probably keep the youngster and give them the odd cup game. I have so much love and respect for Schmeichel but one thing is sure now he wouldn't be missed as much as say even 3 years ago such is the development of Iverson.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

He ain’t going anywhere until next summer. 

This could very well be the longest thread about nothing at all we have had this summer. Let's see if we can do. 100 pages by the end of the window.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

This could very well be the longest thread about nothing at all we have had this summer. Let's see if we can do. 100 pages by the end of the window.

I dunno, no transfers in, aren't all the threads about nothing much?! 🤣 

All good things have to come to an end at some point.

He's, undoubtably, a legend of the club; look at the numerous goalkeepers that we've had in the various seasons before he came post-2000 who weren't probably half the quality that Schmeichel has been at his peak.

Hope he retains some form of contact with the club in the future.

2 hours ago, JamesWelshFox said:

Schmeichel at this point in time gas given fantastic service to us and I for one wouldn't stand in his way of moving to Nice. Give the No.1 jersey to Ward he has patiently waited for it and deserves the opportunity, and make Iverson No.2 and tell him to challenge for it. as for a third choice, that is a tougher call, keep a youngster around but will they benefit from a loan somewhere and playing, or bring in an older keeper who can share experience with the group whilst knowing he will only be called upon in an emergency - I have no strong opinion but I'd probably keep the youngster and give them the odd cup game. I have so much love and respect for Schmeichel but one thing is sure now he wouldn't be missed as much as say even 3 years ago such is the development of Iverson.

If the quotes about Kasper not leaving till we have a replacement are true then clearly the club don’t rate either of them highly.

• Like 1

This needs sorting either way asap. Having to lose our number 1 this late in a transfer window before the season starts is a little ridiculous. Nothing against Kasper at all, just the situation. A new number 1 whoever they are needs preseason to settle and get to know the team. Having a strong keeper is crucial to how our season will play out. Get it wrong, and it could be grim

Just think, new keeper comes in, 1st game will be the opening game of the season. It’s so frustrating

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

It doesn’t always mean improvement no, but there is a reason that it’s a tried and tested formula for the last 50 odd years.

A reason top clubs move on players even after becoming successful.

4 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Seems to have been little in the way of stuff from the skipper in the media day yesterday.

Clubs do hide players if there is stuff about to happen.

Also think it's a little odd that we haven't even launched the goalkeeper kits yet.

I think the kits is due to the nationwide supply issues. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/business-62256634.amp?espv=1

Edited by FoxesWalk

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

You know what? I’m starting to think that some of these media transfer stories aren’t exactly watertight 🤔

Or we aren't as desperate for players we supposedly don't want to go on the terms being offered.

• Like 2