Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Schmeichel

36 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

So has the Soumare transfer, odd.

Think Soumare is in Brendan’s plans tbh just judging from the way he’s been used in pre season.

And he appears to have done alright. Think he’s ahead of Mendy and Hamza as it stands. 

Just now, Stevosevic said:

Think Soumare is in Brendan’s plans tbh just judging from the way he’s been used in pre season.

And he appears to have done alright. Think he’s ahead of Mendy and Hamza as it stands. 

John Percy and others have said he's free to go and has already agreed personal terms with Monaco so who knows. He's the least of our worried to be honest bit he's a sellable asset on relatively big wages in an area we've others we can't seem to get rid of.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

New players doesn’t automatically mean improvement. 

We have weaknesses in the team, RW and CB for example and it does mean that those weaknesses are not addressed. 

But at least signing no players means we are not signing the wrong players which would be worse!

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

John Percy and others have said he's free to go and has already agreed personal terms with Monaco so who knows. He's the least of our worried to be honest bit he's a sellable asset on relatively big wages in an area we've others we can't seem to get rid of.

We need to get rid. We don’t need him at all, would rather utilise Praet and Mendy then risk him putting in half arsed performances at what already looks is going to be a nervy start to the season. 

56 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Is he sellable though?

Ndidi gets injured and we have Hamza who's had a handful of minutes since breaking into the first time?

What other defensive midfielder is there in the squad? There's Baybrooke but we've hardly played him in preseason, he's apparently lined up to go on loan in league one and he's never played in the first team iirc.

I'd prefer to give Soumare another season but I'm sure Percy is telling the truth.

Just now, Foxxed said:

Is he sellable though?

Ndidi gets injured and we have Hamza who's had a handful of minutes since breaking into the first time?

What other defensive midfielder is there in the squad? There's Baybrooke but we've hardly played him in preseason, he's apparently lined up to go on loan in league one and he's never played in the first team iirc.

I'd prefer to give Soumare another season but I'm sure Percy is telling the truth.

He's been a dreadful stand in DCM as he simply doesn't track runners, one of the biggest no no's a midfielder can do, let alone one who's main role is protecting the defence. He's sellable because Mendy is probably a bit better than him as back up and Soumare seems to want to leave anyway and Monaco willing to pay what we paid for him. On the balance I'd do it.

• Like 3

On 27/07/2022 at 18:08, weller54 said:

Harry Ramsdale 's kicking is suspect... always just chips the ball out. And his handling is a bit fishy.

Don't want anyone like him or we'll get battered most weeks.

That would be funny if he had the right surname.

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's been a dreadful stand in DCM as he simply doesn't track runners, one of the biggest no no's a midfielder can do, let alone one who's main role is protecting the defence. He's sellable because Mendy is probably a bit better than him as back up and Soumare seems to want to leave anyway and Monaco willing to pay what we paid for him. On the balance I'd do it.

Ah I'd forgotten about Mendy. Fair enough. I'd like to see Soumare given another chance, however, since I simply don't think he was this bad for Lille.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

It doesn’t always mean improvement no, but there is a reason that it’s a tried and tested formula for the last 50 odd years.

A reason top clubs move on players even after becoming successful.

I would say Everton, Leeds, Brentford and possibly Brighton have all gone backwards and have weaker squads than they finished the season with. 
You never quite know how transfers are going to work out, but a few more teams haven’t done anything special in the market - Wolves, Southampton, Fulham, Bournemouth.

Villa’s and Palace’s business could really go either way. I would say of the teams below us last season only Newcastle with the addition of Pope will be better than they were last season. 
But I can’t see any teams that have massively strengthened outside the big 6.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I would say Everton, Leeds, Brentford and possibly Brighton have all gone backwards and have weaker squads than they finished the season with. 
You never quite know how transfers are going to work out, but a few more teams haven’t done anything special in the market - Wolves, Southampton, Fulham, Bournemouth.

Villa’s and Palace’s business could really go either way. I would say of the teams below us last season only Newcastle with the addition of Pope will be better than they were last season. 
But I can’t see any teams that have massively strengthened outside the big 6.

I would say West Ham have strengthened well and will be above us but agree on the rest. They do have Europe though so need the depth.

Edited by Fox 4 Life

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Or we aren't as desperate for players we supposedly don't want to go on the terms being offered.

I think that the key point is if we were as desperate as some make out, I pretty sure we could have offloaded the likes of Soumare, Praet, Vesty, Amartey and Mendy on the cheap for a combine total of 20m and cut 250k of the wage bill.

My feeling is we are holding out for as near as we can the prices we paid for Soumare, Praet, Vesty,

• Like 2

News outlets seem to be reporting this as though its an openly done deal and just awaiting us to complete another signing. Very strange and guaranteed to disrupt our early season unless we are currently practicing with Iversen passing and interacting with the defence to play the first few games....

14 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

News outlets seem to be reporting this as though its an openly done deal and just awaiting us to complete another signing. Very strange and guaranteed to disrupt our early season unless we are currently practicing with Iversen passing and interacting with the defence to play the first few games....

When it comes to us, news outlets stick a big vibrator up their arseholes whilst writing their negative poison. Anything that looks bad for the club that sacked Claudio Ranieri is worth writing. 

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

When it comes to us, news outlets stick a big vibrator up their arseholes whilst writing their negative poison. Anything that looks bad for the club that sacked Claudio Ranieri is worth writing. 

This made me guffaw.  Keep them coming.

2 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

He's not going anywhere 

Not yet anyway.

We've all gone a bit pear shaped over a leak. There's an agreement in place for the transfer. Kasper will go next summer on a free* (as we all expected anyway) OR before then IF we get another keeper. So maybe in the next few weeks, or the Jan window.  Outside of that, only if the club decides if can make do with Ward and Iversen... though that doesn't look, imho, likely. I suspect there'll be an official announcement in Jan (as one of the worst kept secrets going) If there hadn't been a leak, we'd be done the wiser.

I think the club are genuinely trying to facilitate the move out of respect and loyalty to Kasper, though obviously without leaving themselves in a hole. 

(It's possible Youri has a deal in place too, with a European club, that also to be announced in Jan.... no leak though)  

Edit *free, as in out of contract

Edited by taupe
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Pliskin said:

What’s next from these journo muppets ?

The next piece of journalistic Bull💩 will probably be That our owners are broke as we can’t afford new players or keep our stars happy so are putting the club up for sale before we go under !!

Bloody Journalism at its worst #cockwombles