Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Schmeichel

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Pretty sure is trying to wangle an extension on the same money

Nah. I don't see it that way. I do actually think the club are trying to play fair with a decent bloke. Colour me naive if you want.

12 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Pretty sure is trying to wangle an extension on the same money - he isn't going to get it. Milner has accepted a big pay cut.

Personally I would offer him a deal for 2 years with same and then reduced terms in year 2 - he’s earned it and last season was still as good as ever imo 

We are not offering him an extension on his current pay so he takes a cut and gets another year or tries to find somebody who will. Very ,very few teams are going to pay a soon to be 36 y.o. goalkeeper 140,000 a week.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

What annoys me most about this, is with regards to distribution today was the best I’ve seen Kasper in a long time.

I mean, he played half a game and wasn’t exactly under the cosh with regards to pressure.

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he wants another challenge!!!

The major challenge for ageing footballers is maintaining income. In twelve months time Kasper goes from 7 million a year to potentially nothing. The planning for that is probably in process now. If he drops to 4 million we would be likely to give him another year. Kasper is the captain of a major PL club , he leaves and he will soon drop out of the limelight.

On 27/07/2022 at 19:10, HankMarvin said:

Yeah must of just stumbled on that one game how’s my luck.

There are quite a lot of examples tbh, seems to be rooted to his line a lot.

goals 3-4 pretty poor 

I don't think he's directly at fault for any goals there, but punching away that tame shot before the 4th was poor. 

It's definitely worth seeing if he can step up and be a competent keeper for us at this level or not. Worst case scenario, we sell him and replace him next summer, or he manages to step up and work on his weaknesses and we don't have to spunk a load of money on a keeper.

There's clearly a very solid base there, it's about adapting to a higher level for him now and taking this chance this season like KDH has done. He's followed a similar path to KDH and done everything required of him so far. There's no better season for him to come in, with expectations at their lowest since the 15/16 season.

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

I don't think he's directly at fault for any goals there, but punching away that tame shot before the 4th was poor. 

It's definitely worth seeing if he can step up and be a competent keeper for us at this level or not. Worst case scenario, we sell him and replace him next summer, or he manages to step up and work on his weaknesses and we don't have to spunk a load of money on a keeper.

There's clearly a very solid base there, it's about adapting to a higher level for him now and taking this chance this season like KDH has done. He's followed a similar path to KDH and done everything required of him so far. There's no better season for him to come in, with expectations at their lowest since the 15/16 season.

Got to make the change at some point, whether its now or next summer.

Not convince his the answer but short term we have bigger priorities like a bloody RW.