Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Schmeichel

🚨 Info: Agreement reached between Leicester and Nice for Kasper Schmeichel 🇩🇰 .

■ Transfer estimated at 1M € + bonuses

■ Last details to settle between the Aiglons and Schmeichel 🇩🇰 who claims 3 years of contract.

■ When everything is OK, the medical examination will take place within the week.

• Sad 5

The lifestyle & picturesque French Riviera must be a head-turner, no matter what Nice are like as a team. 

I personally don't blame him, even if he calls it 'a new challenge'. Maybe there hasn't been that much interest, or any from decent clubs playing in Europe next season. 

I'd hoped he would run his contract now and then have a big farewell on the last game. 

I think we could definitely replace him, but we'd have to get the signing right. And I'm not convinced we will. You'd probably assume Ward/Iverson will be trying to get out if we do sign a replacement. 

3 minutes ago, supernuk said:

Tiny fee but Imagine this is more down to Kasper's high weekly wage and him wanting a new challenge. Will go down as a club legend and rightly so, one of the best shot stoppers to grace the Premier league. 

1m and his £120k a week wage effectively removes £140k a week from the wage bill. Get someone like Vestergaard and the likes of Praet, Perez and Hamza gone and we'll be fine to bring replacements in.

Just now, StanSP said:

£1m is a bargain for Nice. 

What wages was he on here? 

Maybe it could be a blessing in disguise. We've lost someone who will remain an absolute hero and legend for us, but is nearing the end of his career. Absolutely gutted to sell him so suddenly and unexpectedly, but paves the way for someone new to take up the reigns. No doubt he was on big wages so hopefully frees some up. 

Fear his personality and character will be missed just as much as his quality on the pitch. 

Good luck to him - no Leicester fan should realistically show any ill-will towards him after all he's done and all he's been through. 

He will be welcome back any time! 

Reportedly 130k a week, which is near on 7m a year.

Just now, Gav_LCFC14 said:

His goalkeeping ability can be replaced, we know that.  However, we're losing our captain and a lockeroom leader. There's going to be a huge gap that won't be filled for a while.

Sometimes you have to create a vacuum for someone to fill it.

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

£1m is a bargain for Nice. 

What wages was he on here? 

Maybe it could be a blessing in disguise. We've lost someone who will remain an absolute hero and legend for us, but is nearing the end of his career. Absolutely gutted to sell him so suddenly and unexpectedly, but paves the way for someone new to take up the reigns. No doubt he was on big wages so hopefully frees some up. 

Fear his personality and character will be missed just as much as his quality on the pitch. 

Good luck to him - no Leicester fan should realistically show any ill-will towards him after all he's done and all he's been through. 

He will be welcome back any time! 

I’m hopeful it will prove to be a blessing in disguise @StanSP, but without doubt this is my ‘be careful what you wish for’ moment 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If he goes this week then he’d better be there on Sunday to receive a presentation in front of the fans 

I mean Ligue 1 starts on Sunday, and it's not unheard of to just throw a keeper in sans training is it...