Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Schmeichel

10 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

As much as I hate to say he made very notable gaffs in the two games where we lost a CL place on the last day of the season. 

Rewriting history a bit. Yeah, he could have done better when Spurs made it 2-2 but let’s not forget that our chances were dead in 19-20 (if you are referring to the Lingard goal).

• Like 1

If true, then nothing but total respect for the guy. Even the most blinkered fan must look at his decision and think ‘yep’, surely? 
Impossible to summarise his contribution to our history. A million quid? Ten years service? If anyone had come in for £100k for one year and done what he did in any one of those years, we’d have thought it remarkable. But he did it for ten years on the spin. Astonishing value for the club and I cannot wish him anything but gratitude and warmth for his next adventure. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, StanSP said:

£1m is a bargain for Nice. 

What wages was he on here? 

Maybe it could be a blessing in disguise. We've lost someone who will remain an absolute hero and legend for us, but is nearing the end of his career. Absolutely gutted to sell him so suddenly and unexpectedly, but paves the way for someone new to take up the reigns. No doubt he was on big wages so hopefully frees some up. 

Fear his personality and character will be missed just as much as his quality on the pitch. 

Good luck to him - no Leicester fan should realistically show any ill-will towards him after all he's done and all he's been through. 

He will be welcome back any time! 

£120k

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Rewriting history a bit. Yeah, he could have done better when Spurs made it 2-2 but let’s not forget that our chances were dead in 19-20 (if you are referring to the Lingard goal).

He did also kick in into the back of ndidi for Bournemouth to equalise in the 4-1 meltdown. He's had his share of blunders over the year but so has every keeper, the main thing is the number of incredible moments he's had for us such as the CL penalty save or the FA cup final, our greatest ever keeper imo.

24 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

As much as I hate to say he made very notable gaffs in the two games where we lost a CL place on the last day of the season. 

22 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

All true @StriderHiryu, yet I also ask myself ‘what if?’ about his meltdowns away at Bournemouth and at home to Spurs. Both contributed to missing out on 4th place finishes. Not all down to him of course (Cags at Bournemouth!), but he failed us badly then when it really mattered. Except at Wembley of course - an unforgettable performance!

These are both very fair points. Spurs game especially. 

But over the course of the whole season I’d say those gaffs weren’t the reason we failed to make it, but capitulations and drop offs in performances. 

We could well be absolutely fine or even see a slight improvement as I feel like he’s not the player he once was. But he was solid, dependable and often times a hero for well over a decade. When will be the next time a goalkeeper does that for us again? Maybe never!

• Like 1