Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Schmeichel

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

So it makes sense to blow our budget on an area we are not short? Bigger fish to fry, and if you are not going to back youth or backup now, you never will.

we wouldnt have to blow our budget in any way at all- could pick up someone for less than half of Kaspers wages and a decent enough fee- I actually dont think there is many bigger fish to fry than having a top keeper - game of opinions though - we will see- as for backing youth and backups though- there is one very simple thing that has to be non negotiable- they have to be good enough- doesnt matter on age or how long theve been back up- got to be good enough- neither are- and id go as far as saying not even close to being good enough

4 minutes ago, mucfox said:

So BR won the power struggle. After the Watford game on 15/05, I knew Kasper was leaving Leicester. BR stole Kasper's record-150-game for no apparent reason. I think it is a shame that Top allowed this power play to happen and LCFC loses a great man and a club legend in this shabby way.

All the KS haters on FT are rejoicing now but the rude awakening will come in the very next few months. You can't replace a world class keeper with Ward or Iversen. Without Kasper, Leicester would have been in a relegation battle last season. LCFC's money woes have nothing to do with KS salary. Anyone who can afford a completely overpaid coach has only themselves to blame. What does the club actually do with the PL TV money, about 130m-140m per season? Would be interesting to know...

I fear Leicester will remain a mid table club for a long time. Very very sad

when kasper came to leicester from leeds, he had a worse reputation than iversen…. Just saying 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

when kasper came to leicester from leeds, he had a worse reputation than iversen…. Just saying 

We did sign Kasper when in the championship and a mid-table championship side. We are now expected to be putting pressure on top-6 in the PL, without a quality keeper that task becomes harder 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

We did sign Kasper when in the championship and a mid-table championship side. We are now expected to be putting pressure on top-6 in the PL without a quality keeper that task becomes harder 

you are assuming they aren’t quality though. Both of them have shown enough to warrant at least a chance. 

Just now, Lambert09 said:

you are assuming they aren’t quality though. Both of them have shown enough to warrant at least a chance. 

I feel it is a big risk that is all, they could surprise me but it is dangerous when you will be stuck until January with that choice 

22 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Very nervous if Ward is the one we go for. Isn't he second choice for Wales behind Wayne Hennessey? 

Was first choice wasn’t he beginning of last season dropped down after injury. Though not sure it should be him as first choice.

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I feel it is a big risk that is all, they could surprise me but it is dangerous when you will be stuck until January with that choice 

unfortunately we aren’t in a position to be spending money on a new keeper when you have 2 highly regarded players available. 

if Iversen was a preston player and was being linked after last season… I don’t think many would be upset 

• Like 2

Not going out and buying a keeper before the rumours began means we will be rinsed if neither iverson or ward cut it 

we were all dumbfounded by the links to Sanchez at brighton - clearly we must have made an enquiry. 

Raya will have one year left next summer - that’s presumably the type of signing we’ll need to look at for value 

13 minutes ago, jv1 said:

we wouldnt have to blow our budget in any way at all- could pick up someone for less than half of Kaspers wages and a decent enough fee- I actually dont think there is many bigger fish to fry than having a top keeper - game of opinions though - we will see- as for backing youth and backups though- there is one very simple thing that has to be non negotiable- they have to be good enough- doesnt matter on age or how long theve been back up- got to be good enough- neither are- and id go as far as saying not even close to being good enough

Difference of opinion, if we are going to have a top class training ground, you have to trust in youth and development, otherwise you are just a sub standard buying club, and it will always be so unless we massively grow our financial capabilities.

19 minutes ago, jv1 said:

I dont think going with a sub standard goal keeper makes any sense in any possible way at any possible time- a top top keeper is so important- we will quite possibly have one of the worst keepers in the Prem - Insane not to get a keeper in- time will tell

And which top top keeper is available, especially considering we have no room in our budget? And are certainly not going to do anything until Kasper actually goes. Our hands are tied, but we are in no different position to Kasper getting badly injured last season. Sometimes you've just got to suck it up and make do with what you've got.

• Like 1

I for one wish Kasper all the best and a huge thanks for his service to the team and the club as a whole.

I do not see any reason why we cant go into the season with Ward as our first choice goalkeeper. He's always played decent when called upon. Give him the chance to make himself a prem goalkeeper. Then we can look to either bring in another player with Kaspers wages or increase Madders/Tielemans wages

• Like 1

Said earlier when this came up, not many players at any club deserve to leave on their own terms with nothing but well wishes, Kasper is definitely one.

For those that believe he is forced out, grow up and give Twitter a break

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Unfortunately Danny Ward is shite.  Maybe Brendan is just saying this in case a new keeper doesn't arrive that quickly and we have to start with these guys.

Crossed my mind, don’t want to let prospective sellers you are looking. Would still rather go with what we have at least until next Summer personally.