Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Schmeichel

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

Ward has had a reasonable chance and not looked that great. Hopefully Iversen starts the season. I’d not be overly disappointed with that. 

We have been linked with some dross replacements, Lafont is the only one I’d be happy with of the names linked. 

edit: agree with others someone pushing 40 will come in as backup, and I’d be happy with Foster 

I’d take Foster as a backup. Get rid of Ward.

• Like 1

Unfortunately Kaspers time had come. He would have been gone for free next year anyway.  

He's been amazing, but there were definitely times last season it looked like age was catching up with him. We need a changing of the guard...doing some of it this summer makes sense. 

Bye Kasper. Thanks for the memories. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

Just wait until he plays amazingly well, makes a mistake on matchday 12 or something daft and all the I told you so mob come out.

Aye, it also means I am old enough to remember what snafu means

9 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

The major challenge for ageing footballers is maintaining income. In twelve months time Kasper goes from 7 million a year to potentially nothing. The planning for that is probably in process now. If he drops to 4 million we would be likely to give him another year. Kasper is the captain of a major PL club , he leaves and he will soon drop out of the limelight.

.. he is looking to enjoy this part of his life!!!

Football is secondary at the moment,  if he gets to a club playing in Europe, in a city such as Nice, we have got to see he is getting the better of this deal.

If Kasper wanted to stay on what he is on now, the club would sanction it, this is what this club does, it sees players as part of a family. 

Would rather give Iversen a go over Ward this season.

Also not too disappointed about this outcome. Obviously would struggleto get a suitable replacement in at a decent price now. Next year Raya or Sanchez will have 1 and 2 years left respectively, and there could be a few other better options on the market as well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Honestly, I think top half will be a hell of an achievement. My prediction is 11th-12th, after Rodgers manages to injure half the squad again and we have absolutely nothing on the bench to fix it. Can't get excited about this season, I really can't. Such a shame.

Here's Mr Smiley

1 hour ago, mucfox said:

So BR won the power struggle. After the Watford game on 15/05, I knew Kasper was leaving Leicester. BR stole Kasper's record-150-game for no apparent reason. I think it is a shame that Top allowed this power play to happen and LCFC loses a great man and a club legend in this shabby way.

All the KS haters on FT are rejoicing now but the rude awakening will come in the very next few months. You can't replace a world class keeper with Ward or Iversen. Without Kasper, Leicester would have been in a relegation battle last season. LCFC's money woes have nothing to do with KS salary. Anyone who can afford a completely overpaid coach has only themselves to blame. What does the club actually do with the PL TV money, about 130m-140m per season? Would be interesting to know...

I fear Leicester will remain a mid table club for a long time. Very very sad

Not really sure what to say to a post like this, if I posted what I truly thought I'd get banned.

Do you seriously think that having wo promotions, a PL title, FA Cup and being an international goalie that he gives a toss about 150 consecutive games? That's the kind of thing goalies in the lower leagues care about.

Nobody on here hates KS

Relegation battle, really? We'd have had fewer points without any number of players in the team, like most teams.

'kin idiot

Edited by hackneyfox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Foxes96 said:

Also not too disappointed about this outcome. Obviously would struggleto get a suitable replacement in at a decent price now. Next year Raya or Sanchez will have 1 and 2 years left respectively, and there could be a few other better options on the market as well. 

Good point, we just need to make sure by the time we are financially able to make a bid required, we haven’t regressed.

1 minute ago, hackneyfox said:

Here's Mr Smiley

Not really sure what to say to a pst like this, if I posted what I truly thought I'd get banned.

Do you seriously think that having wo promotions, a PL title, FA Cup and being an international goalie that he gives a toss about 150 consecutive games? That's the kind of thing goalies in the lower leagues care about.

Nobody on here hates KS

Relegation battle, really? We'd have had fewer points without any number of players in the team, like most teams.

'kin idiot

Sure these Team Kasper-ers will be off to stalk OGC Nice soon enough

But I agree, so much disrespect to the club they purport to support, but sad really

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cropwellfox said:

Schmeichel goes, and we don’t replace, we free up wages to do our best to build team around Maddison for next 3 / 4 years and bring a RW target.

We try and bring in a new number 1 to replace him we have to spend big on wages and no guarantee they’ll be that much better, meanwhile no room to offer Maddison more and out the door he goes either now or next summer for a fraction of his value. 

We have been hamstrung by last years window and not doing more to get Tielemans or Soyuncu out last summer for bigger fee. Vestergaard and Bertrand hasn’t helped. 

Going to have to be trade offs and I guess this is one of them 

This for me. Need to keep Maddison and Barnes here for another couple of seasons, Fofana for another one.

I'm not overjoyed but Ward or Iversen as a number 1 for one season isn't exactly disasterous.

25 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. he is looking to enjoy this part of his life!!!

Football is secondary at the moment,  if he gets to a club playing in Europe, in a city such as Nice, we have got to see he is getting the better of this deal.

If Kasper wanted to stay on what he is on now, the club would sanction it, this is what this club does, it sees players as part of a family. 

You could well be right but it seems unlike K.S. to opt for obscurity. He likes the limelight too much. We shall see.

18 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Looking at the Leicester Mercury article earlier, it would appear that Brendan think Ward will be the No.1.

34 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

Wonder if we could prize Carson away from Man City! 👀 

Came into this summer full of hope and optimism, week of the season starting and somebody is suggesting we sign Scott Carson. We are in the doldrums aren’t we, we’ll be resigning Paul Henderson before long 

Edited by Samilktray
  • Haha 1