Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Schmeichel

Got to give Iversen a go. Maybe not 100% ready now but he’s going to be a really good PL goalkeeper. Time to show some faith in him with Ward a great backup if it is too early.

throw Kaspers wages into the RW pot. That’s priority 

This feels surreal.

For his faults, he has been tremendous for us over the years and has saved us so many points, often in the biggest of games. I was used to the idea of him leaving and playing somewhere else, but not this year. I'm gutted, but hopefully this is the right move for both parties longer term.

I'm excited to see what Iversen can do. He's bound to make the odd mistake but we'll never know if he's good enough for the PL if we don't give him a chance. Fingers crossed he will keep improving and if we're lucky, we'll have our next keeper for the foreseeable future. 

I suspect Ward may well be given a chance to prove himself and if we don't think he does well enough Iversen will get the nod and Ward will be done for us.

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I agree

And Schmeichel IS a huge legend at the club!

For him just to drift off to France without a proper goodbye would be really really poor imo.

The club feels ‘strange’ at the moment. 

Given how well run the club has been for so long, it does feels very strange when you consider that:

We are allowing a true legend of the club and our undisputed first choice keeper to leave a week before the season starts with no replacement lined up.

We have ongoing transfer sagas playing out that could see us lose 3 of our best players. 

We are so short of wingers that we had Castagne starting at RW yesterday. An injury to Barnes and I would say our wide options are arguably the worst in the league. 

We seem to have a whole load of players who don't want to be here: Cags, Praet, Youri, Soumaré and possibly even Fofana and Maddison. And that's not to mention the likes of Hamza, Mendy, Vesty and Bertrand. 

We have a manager who spent months talking about a rebuild and needing a 'different profile' of player and yet have made no signings. 

Maybe there's a big masterplan in place but things just don't feel at all comfortable at the moment. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox

What a man he has been for this club, leader, intelligent, heroic, class, legend, the list could and should go on.

Is it the right time?.........Yes imo 

I know im probably just an old romanticist at this point but I wouldn't put it past him doing this a season early in part to help the club out...I know,i know its not likely but let me believe lol

• Like 1

Kaspers looming contract was always going to be a parting of the ways.  I couldn't see he could judtify an extension at 140k a week.

May be half that... but he would become no 2 in a few seasons.

Yet he would not want that... and if a club would pay him his wage he would go.

So here we are.  Its just a side show now. I wish him well. I wish him gone 

3 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

What a man he has been for this club, leader, intelligent, heroic, class, legend, the list could and should go on.

Is it the right time?.........Yes imo 

I know im probably just an old romanticist at this point but I wouldn't put it past him doing this a season early in part to help the club out...I know,i know its not likely but let me believe lol

If kasper does leave hope he doesn't, but would you put ward in to start against Brentford  

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

As long as he comes back as a manager he can go but I think we will be a lot worse off losing Kasper than some think.

I wonder what has made him move now instead of just retiring here.

He has said he wants European football again before he retires, good luck Kasper.  :scarf:

• Like 1

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

As long as he comes back as a manager he can go but I think we will be a lot worse off losing Kasper than some think.

I wonder what has made him move now instead of just retiring here.

The fact he wasn’t offered a contract and wants to play into his 40s

1 minute ago, dannythefox said:

No way Kasper will go and not play Sunday that would be the biggest insult to him after everything he’s done, I’m please I got my lad a ticket for this to say good bye now. Deserves a good send off.

Why are you dissing the club with this garbage????

I think this is the right move at the right time. Like it or not he’s on the decline and its hard to justify such a high wage. 

He’ll go down as our best ever and rightfully so but taking off the tinted specs this move makes more sense than some of the others. 

Just now, dannythefox said:

Dissing the club? What are you on about 🤯

You said “No way Kasper will go and not play Sunday that would be the biggest insult to him after everything he’s done” - who is doing this insulting?  :dunno:

Just now, HankMarvin said:

RAM RAID 

Former Arsenal and Juventus star Aaron Ramsey has ‘agreement in principle’ with Nice for free transfer move

Kin’ell it’s like a retirement home on the French Riviera!!

• Haha 1