Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Schmeichel

11 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

No way Kasper will go and not play Sunday that would be the biggest insult to him after everything he’s done, I’m please I got my lad a ticket for this to say good bye now. Deserves a good send off.

Kasper won’t be here on Sunday lol 

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

You said “No way Kasper will go and not play Sunday that would be the biggest insult to him after everything he’s done” - who is doing this insulting?  :dunno:

By the sound of things it’s Kasper doing the work not the club I think there just helping him get to where he wants to be like Rodger’s said. He’ll play Sunday I’m sure of it he needs a send off. Sorry for dissing the club broski 😆😆

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dannythefox said:

By the sound of things it’s Kasper doing the work not the club I think there just helping him get to where he wants to be like Rodger’s said. He’ll play Sunday I’m sure of it he needs a send off. Sorry for dissing the club broski 😆😆

:blush:  Must be a bad day, my bad my man!!

Nice’s first game is this Sunday, so it’s one or the other!

14 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Because he has performed well where and when we have sent him, he comes through the youth and that should be encouraged

Add to that, Ward is not fit. lol

Well I wouldn't want Ward as our number one, I just don't rate him. I never understood why we paid so much money for a number 2 standard keeper in the first place. I do have some reservations with Iversen though. His loan at Leuven wasn't a great success, and he hasn't really covered himself in glory in pre season. A couple of decent saves that you would expect a keeper to make, but also a couple of rickets too, and he doesn't look any better coming for crosses than Kasper, also his kicking looks even more erratic than Kaspers.

14 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Well I wouldn't want Ward as our number one, I just don't rate him. I never understood why we paid so much money for a number 2 standard keeper in the first place. I do have some reservations with Iversen though. His loan at Leuven wasn't a great success, and he hasn't really covered himself in glory in pre season. A couple of decent saves that you would expect a keeper to make, but also a couple of rickets too, and he doesn't look any better coming for crosses than Kasper, also his kicking looks even more erratic than Kaspers.

Not sure that’s quite fair about pre-season, but we are going to have to give anyone who replaces Kasper plays in goal time, it will always be tempting to judge against Kasper,  and it’s not really a fair comparison - tough call, will default to what we have if in doubt

Some of the names we have been linked with are toilet or crazy money, and perhaps we have one eye on someone who we can approach in Jan?  :dunno:

Edited by Dahnsouff

A number 1 Premier League goalkeeper is probably the worst position you're gonna want to replace when you have less than 4 weeks to do it.

I wonder if Kasper opted to leave because something or someone pissed him off.

I think we have no choice but to go with one of our own keepers unless we get someone on a short contract.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

A number 1 Premier League goalkeeper is probably the worst position you're gonna want to replace when you have less than 4 weeks to do it.

I think we have no choice but to go with one of our own keepers unless we get someone on a short contract.

It’s simple in the respect that it’s probably his last chance to do something different but still at a top level. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not sure that’s quite fair about pre-season, but we are going to have to give anyone who replaces Kasper plays in goal time, it will always be tempting to judge against Kasper,  Utd it’s not really a fair comparison - tough call, will default to what we have if in doubt

Some of the names we have been linked with are toilet or crazy money, and perhaps we have one eye on someone who we can approach in Jan?  :dunno:

I just wish this could have been sorted out earlier, instead of a few days before the start of the season. Kasper was making noises before the end of last season of maybe moving on, so it wasn't ever going to be a complete shock.

Edited by smudger63
  • Like 1

Just now, smudger63 said:

I just wish this could have been sorted out earlier, instead of a few days before the start of the season. Kasper was making noises before the end of last season of maybe moving on, so it wasn't ever be a complete shock.

I know what you mean, I mean there was gossip early in the window but as it went quiet, I figured it was just chatter, but evidently not.  :dunno:

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Oh his loan spell where I'm pretty sure he started, got injured and the guy who came in earnt the spot to keep. Following that he's had a fantastic season and a half with Preston 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Can't actually believe it, more upsetting is the way he didn't seem that arsed yesterday.

It feels like we needed a year of him saying it was his last year, even though many predicted this.

I'm not so horrified we aren't replacing him as number 1 but I'm perplexed we think we need a 3rd choice keeper, don't get that at all. 

Let Iversen and Ward fight it out and Stolarczyk can stick around for a year whilst we figure out the pecking order. I still think at least 1 of Iversen and Ward go in the next 12 months too.

I'd take the reports of us looking to get another keeper with a pinch of salt, don't see it happening with our financial situation. Focus will be on contract renewals for our top assets, and getting in a RW and CB. 

I think Ward will get a run as no.1. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Always the half empty this site.

Given his closeness to the owners and (I believe) his love for the club I'd like to think that there was a bit of selflessness in this act. 

He will know that not having to pay his enormous wages will unplug the bottleneck for new players.

Kasper :appl:

2 minutes ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

Always the half empty this site.

Given his closeness to the owners and (I believe) his love for the club I'd like to think that there was a bit of selflessness in this act. 

He will know that not having to pay his enormous wages will unplug the bottleneck for new players.

Kasper :appl:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm not so horrified we aren't replacing him as number 1 but I'm perplexed we think we need a 3rd choice keeper, don't get that at all. 

Something is seriously wrong if we let Rodgers bring in a 3rd choice keeper, it will show we’ve learnt nothing from the Vestergaard and Bertrand signings. What sense is there behind continuing to bring in players nowhere near good enough.

You either sign a new first choice or one of our 20 odd keepers on the books can take that role.

6 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Something is seriously wrong if we let Rodgers bring in a 3rd choice keeper, it will show we’ve learnt nothing from the Vestergaard and Bertrand signings. What sense is there behind continuing to bring in players nowhere near good enough.

You either sign a new first choice or one of our 20 odd keepers on the books can take that role.

I agree with this, shouldn’t be wasting time and money on a third choice, if you want a third keeper give it to a youth goalie. Stolarczyk seems good enough to be that third choice 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I agree with this, shouldn’t be wasting time and money on a third choice, if you want a third keeper give it to a youth goalie. Stolarczyk seems good enough to be that third choice 

Thing is if we really rated the guy would the club want to restrict his development by him never playing!

The 3rd choice will be a very experienced gk.

21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Can't actually believe it, more upsetting is the way he didn't seem that arsed yesterday.

It feels like we needed a year of him saying it was his last year, even though many predicted this.

Let Iversen and Ward fight it out and Stolarczyk can stick around for a year whilst we figure out the pecking order. I still think at least 1 of Iversen and Ward go in the next 12 months too.

I can’t believe we haven’t got a first choice keeper. The lack of communication and preparation between the coaching staff, recruitment and management is pretty staggering on the eve of the start of the season. 

• Like 1