Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Schmeichel

13 minutes ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

Always the half empty this site.

Given his closeness to the owners and (I believe) his love for the club I'd like to think that there was a bit of selflessness in this act. 

He will know that not having to pay his enormous wages will unplug the bottleneck for new players.

Kasper :appl:

But what was with that goalkeeper rotation nonsense Brendan insisted on towards the end of last season? That would have pissed me off, and I would consider myself way more laid back than Kasper.

17 minutes ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

Always the half empty this site.

Given his closeness to the owners and (I believe) his love for the club I'd like to think that there was a bit of selflessness in this act. 

He will know that not having to pay his enormous wages will unplug the bottleneck for new players.

Kasper :appl:

Is the wage/ffp theory fact though? Has anyone from the club said this to be the case or is it just us fans putting 2 and 2 together?  I think I've read one article on twitter that says this, has Rodgers given reasons for lack of transfer activity?

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

Is the wage/ffp theory fact though? Has anyone from the club said this to be the case or is it just us fans putting 2 and 2 together?  I think I've read one article on twitter that says this, has Rodgers given reasons for lack of transfer activity?

He pretty much indicated this on the radio interview on RL tonight.

• Haha 1

I'm really, really saddened we didn't get a goodbye. 

He's earnt that and so much more. 

Make no mistake - this is a severance of the early King Power years and represents a step away from 'those teams' of Pearson and Ranners. 

I'm sad. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Okay, wasn't available to hear it. Does seem strange we're the only club to be in this position don't you think?

We have been giving bumper deals to players and got quite an extensive squad, No European football means we have hit our ceiling and need to cut the team. We have players hanging around that we were hoping to sell but none of it has materialised. Kasper is going because he is both getting on a bit and on a big wage, the talk he won’t be replaced means Rodgers feels using the money saved on his wages to strengthen other areas is more important. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

We have been giving bumper deals to players and got quite an extensive squad, No European football means we have hit our ceiling and need to cut the team. We have players hanging around that we were hoping to sell but none of it has materialised. Kasper is going because he is both getting on a bit and on a big wage, the talk he won’t be replaced means Rodgers feels using the money saved on his wages to strengthen other areas is more important. 

Makes it hard to get your head around when we've rejected a lot of bids so far this summer for fringe players.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Who has been getting the bumper deals to push us over the edge though? 

Bet we gave a big deal to Perez, did mendy get a big deal? Hamza perhaps?

Do we have to give these deals to get a transfer over the line because we aren't a very attractive club?

Why didn't wolves get in this position or west ham? I'd live to know more, all seems weird to me 

7 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Who has been getting the bumper deals to push us over the edge though? 

Bet we gave a big deal to Perez, did mendy get a big deal? Hamza perhaps?

Do we have to give these deals to get a transfer over the line because we aren't a very attractive club?

Why didn't wolves get in this position or west ham? I'd live to know more, all seems weird to me 

With our success wages have gone up especially for those that played a big part, not getting European football means it is harder to continue in that vein. Giving maddison a new deal will be difficult if we don’t sell. Just as bringing in new players will be, plus our squad is oversized. 

Sad to see him go. He's been a great figure and ambassador to have at our club. Lets forget the comments around commanding the area etc. You made some absolutely crucial saves that took us to heights some of us never thought our club would get to. Thank you for your 11 years of commitment 🙏 👏 

• Like 1

Maybe we were looking to bring in a replacement for Kasper but the injury to Ricky P has meant the club has decided that we need to reprioritise and that Iversen and Ward can get us through and are far less a risk than going into a season with 3 fit recognised full backs including JJ who is coming back from a long term injury and in a system where we are relying on our full backs to push on and play with intensity 

19 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

6olwhv.jpg

Not true. We will need big money investment, though, which I don’t think we’ll get under current ownership. Do we want to sell out to someone else, though? That’s a tough question.

• Like 1

We need a keeper from what I’ve seen from Ward. Iverson I just don’t think is ready and not sure if he will be... I do however think there’s another option, lower down the pecking order we have that may just Ben a better gamble than both of them.

Whilst it’s shit he’s leaving as he’s been immense for us  I’m also kind of glad in a way . By that I mean he’s leaves on a high and not here for a few years slowly deteriorating and becoming a huge liability. As it is some fans already think he is . 

41 minutes ago, Lee Monty said:

This Save, This save says all we need to know. The blokes a legend and we’ll do well to get anybody as half as good as him down here anytime soon

B62F7F1C-E13F-44CF-BD8C-BCFA99A23DC6.jpeg

it’s such a magical moment that his number has even changed to#7

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Maybe we were looking to bring in a replacement for Kasper but the injury to Ricky P has meant the club has decided that we need to reprioritise and that Iversen and Ward can get us through and are far less a risk than going into a season with 3 fit recognised full backs including JJ who is coming back from a long term injury and in a system where we are relying on our full backs to push on and play with intensity 

Amartey can play RB, I think Albrighton can do an okay job aswell, I'm more concerned about attacking midfielders 

3 hours ago, splinterdream said:

A number 1 Premier League goalkeeper is probably the worst position you're gonna want to replace when you have less than 4 weeks to do it.

I wonder if Kasper opted to leave because something or someone pissed him off.

I think we have no choice but to go with one of our own keepers unless we get someone on a short contract.

this has not come as a bolt out of the blue. This was offered to him earlier in the summer and he wanted time to think about it. Whatever plan we are going to implement, we’ve had plenty of time to think it’s the right one.