Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Schmeichel

1 hour ago, splinterdream said:

What scares me the most is, how many times have we said

"kasper saved us there".

A shit ton of points. 

Fa cup final

Sevilla 2 pens saved 

Be sad when it is in black and white hes gone been through alot with us. Think we made his career and will leave a club legend 

2 hours ago, foxile5 said:

I'm really, really saddened we didn't get a goodbye. 

He's earnt that and so much more. 

Make no mistake - this is a severance of the early King Power years and represents a step away from 'those teams' of Pearson and Ranners. 

I'm sad. 

Me too. 

When Vardy goes thats it last of the Pearson identity goes with it. 

Wonder what we'll look like in 5 years time. 

I think we should enjoy mid table mediocrity while we can, feels like we're a club on the slide. 

3 hours ago, JimJams said:

Think Ward is given the chance to stake his claim to both our no.1 spot and the Welsh NT. If he's not convinced by the WC, then Iversen gets his chance. 

Of course with Ward injured currently, Iversen has a chance to impress and make himself undroppable.

Don't think you'll get good enough value in the market to justify whatever outlay is required to get any significant improvement.

Are you suggesting that Rodgers will pick Ward over Iversen in the first half of the season simply as a favour to boost his WC hopes - even if Iversen is more impressive in training, etc? Because I really don’t think that’s how it will work.

No. Which is why I didn't say that.

He'll play who he prefers. Seems 50/50 but Ward has experience with the side more than Iversen. He'll be playing for our number 1 slot and the Wales shirt which is pretty open. If we got nobody in I'd guess at Rodgers giving him first opportunity. However it's all a bit moot as he's injured so Iversen gets first go regardless.

I went with Ward first as he's the senior player, could just as easily work the other way around.

Edited by JimJams

5 minutes ago, JimJams said:

No. Which is why I didn't say that.

He'll play who he prefers. Seems 50/50 but Ward has experience with the side more than Iversen. He'll be playing for our number 1 slot and the Wales shirt which is pretty open. If we got nobody in I'd guess at Rodgers giving him first opportunity. However it's all a bit moot as he's injured so Iversen gets first go regardless.

Fair enough. The first two sentences of your post seemed to imply that If Ward was fit he’d automatically be preferred over Iversen until the WC - after which Iversen would be given his chance if Ward hadn’t impressed. Happy to be corrected.

Despite reports that we’ll let Ward and Iversen fight it out, I’m still expecting us to sign another keeper before 1st September.

Do they still make a big deal about announcing the squad numbers for the season? That could be a big, and fairly obvious indication as to who Brendan prefers if either Ward or Iversen get given the number 1 shirt...

EDIT: Scratch that, ~I suppose the media day also doubles as squad number announcement day and Kasper was obviously still here and Number 1 at that point

Edited by TiffToff88

4 hours ago, JimJams said:

Think Ward is given the chance to stake his claim to both our no.1 spot and the Welsh NT. If he's not convinced by the WC, then Iversen gets his chance. 

Of course with Ward injured currently, Iversen has a chance to impress and make himself undroppable.

Don't think you'll get good enough value in the market to justify whatever outlay is required to get any significant improvement.

I agree. If we need to cut the wage bill, surely it makes sense to give these guys a go. Iversen has looked a bit wobbly in preseason, but Danny Ward has shown he is a very good for us and Wales in high profile games. I don’t see it as a huge downgrade in quality and with the economic pluses it’s a no brainer.

Another question to consider though is how long Ward is out injured for?

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck

As far as I know Schmeichel has not been spotted in the south of France and according to Rodgers is "considering his options". Ignore the twitter crap , until LCFC or Nice say something official , the status quo remains.

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

As far as I know Schmeichel has not been spotted in the south of France and according to Rodgers is "considering his options". Ignore the twitter crap , until LCFC or Nice say something official , the status quo remains.

This is about as legit as you get prior to an announcement video

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Might be bonkers but I still don’t think he’ll go. 

Maybe out of sheer hope. Always thought when he left we’d be in a strong position with a successor ready to step into his shoes. 

Ward and Iversen? Crikey 

Bar a couple of mistakes in some meaningless friendlies, what's the issue with Iversen?

Just now, An Sionnach said:

Twitterati , some twerp in his bedroom probably.

They are pretty spot on normally to be fair. I hate Twitter, full of bile and self obsessed idiots, but some are less fetid and unreliable

31 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

This is about as legit as you get prior to an announcement video

4 minutes ago, happy85 said:

1 million and 3 years

0 and two years

thank goodness twitter can keep us all informed :)

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Strictly speaking, I think you are absolutely correct. The fat lady hasn't sung yet and we ought wait for the formal announcement but I do think she's in the dressing room and warming up her vocal chords. The medical tomorrow is pretty much the last step, and presumably a formality. Of course, Kasper and/or Nice could change their minds (or Kasper could fail the medical!) or we could pull the plug, (which I really don't think will happen) but the discussions have been had and it is for all intents and purposes a done deal... imho.

I think we have to accept that this season is going to be one of consolidation. 

Lose 3-4 big earners, try and tie down a few of our key players and aim towards the rebuild next summer. Personally I'm happy to give Iverson/Ward a chance this season if it means keeping a Madders/Fofana et.al. We may as well determine whether or not they're good enough. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

1 million and 3 years

0 and two years

thank goodness twitter can keep us all informed :)

Hmmm.... 2 different scenarios

1 million and 3 years - he goes now

0 and 2 years - he goes next summer, when he is a free agent

I call bs on the latter, Kasper's going before next summer

Guest Mee-9

I think this was written for a few months.

If you think back to the last 3 games of the season, Ward came in for the Watford away game when we battered them. Then Rodgers said ‘Ward will be playing the last 3 games of the season, and that had been decided for some time.’ 

But then straight after the Watford game, Schmeichel’s back in and Ward is benched. I think he wanted more money but we weren’t willing to give him it based on his performances.