Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Schmeichel

12 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Ok. Maddison for RW then?

Yes, but only if he has support so that he can still play centrally as well. I don't think we have a choice anymore but our wingback I.e. Ricky P needs to work well with him especially 1-2 touch football to push him into introverted positions.

20 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....after that faux pas of nearly putting the ball in the back of his net, I must admit none of our keepers gives me any confidence while passing it around at the back!!!

You can see the ball either going under their foot or bouncing over their boot and ending up in the net. Why we continue to do this while we are so poor at it I do not know. The end result tends to be Kasper kicking the ball out of play under pressure anyway.

Loved Praet looking to play forward all the time and going ahead of the forwards, Soumare releasing the ball the first time and not getting caught in possession.

I'm sure Stolarczyk's error was mere complacency in a pre-season friendly that was all but over at the time.

These errors look glaringly bad and make the 2 Good 2 Bad style clip shows where pundits take the p!ss and have a good giggle. But do they really lead to as many goals conceded as always staying on your line and not competing for the ball from corners and free kicks? I'm not so sure. Especially last season. Our defence was so bad, we needed a keeper who could come out and claim the ball.

Don't get me wrong, I love Kasper. His shot stopping is as good as any keeper out there and his heroics played as much of a role in winning the FA Cup as Tielemans' thunderb*stard. But if a ball-playing keeper comes in and makes the odd howler, I'd hope our players, coaches and fans would have more about them than to simply say 'he's crap, get rid, stop passing it about' because it's the reaction to an error that causes downturns in form and poor performances overall in the long term.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

More starting to appear on this rumour. Wonder if there is actual legs in this one

It’s only reporting on the original l'equipe article, mentions interest in Sanchez at Brighton again as well. Nothing new really.

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Something about this just feels likely, sadly. Don’t know why. The links we’ve had to other keepers, Kasper missing most of pre season. Will be gutted if he goes to be honest. 

The missing most of preseason is the one for me. Feels as if that was his 'window' to find a move and for us to trial our other keepers 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Agree with all of this. Has to be a very attractive project for Kasper and his family you would think.

I take all the points about his dodgy distribution but Kasper is so much more than an excellent shot stopper as some are saying. He's the captain and the heart and soul of the club in many ways, a character who has often fronted up in tough times. Would be a huge loss in my opinion.

:appl:

8 hours ago, Sankey93 said:

I love Kasper but I wouldn’t mind him going this season especially freeing up a massive wage. Sanchez + Lunin we’ve been previously linked with.

Whilst it seems to make sense in terms of lifestyle and kasper clearly having good will with the owners. 

Despite the rumours its our squad size and wages that are the issue not transfer funds. I think the wages saved are outweighed by the big fee it's gonna take to bring in a replacement in this instance. Would only make sense for the club if the fee was massive which it clearly isn't gonna be. 

Honestly thought despite the interviews and rumours that started a while back he would end up seeing out most his best playing days here. 

Think a few people will soon realise how good he was for us and despite his flaws how hard it will be to replace him. Both on and off the pitch.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
26 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Whilst it seems to make sense in terms of lifestyle and kasper clearly having good will with the owners. 

Despite the rumours its our squad size and wages that are the issue not transfer funds. I think the wages saved are outweighed by the big fee it's gonna take to bring in a replacement in this instance. Would only make sense for the club if the fee was massive which it clearly isn't gonna be. 

Honestly thought despite the interviews and rumours that started a while back he would end up seeing out most his best playing days here. 

Think a few people will soon realise how good he was for us and despite his flaws how hard it will be to replace him. Both on and off the pitch.

Hes on 130k a week apparently. So that and a 5m-10m fee would allow a 20m spend and 60k a week over 5 years easily.

Raya at brentford is on 25k a week for example with 2 years remaining. Sanchez on 18k with 3 years remaining.

I have a feeling this will happen, like the previous post stated it frees up a huge wage which is more critical at this stage and this is an area where it is coming to a time where we need to refresh. Personally Iversen has done enough to convince me he has a decent future here and will be a more than competent no 2 but think we would look to bring in a new starter, my preference would be Raya as I think he offers value for money and I think Brentford have already recruited his replacement. 

I think Ward will go this summer as well, given the emergence of Iversen and the number of quality keepers coming through the various academy teams. I think Stolcyrk would benefit from a season long loan at a low end championship club, think this will help his development and show if he has the qualities to step up. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I think Ward will go this summer as well, given the emergence of Iversen and the number of quality keepers coming through the various academy teams. I think Stolcyrk would benefit from a season long loan at a low end championship club, think this will help his development and show if he has the qualities to step up. 

This'll be much harder however, with Ward apparently still recovering from whatever his injury was.