Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcsnow

Other clubs transfer news

4 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Typical daft Man Utd signing with no thought as to how he would fit in given they already have Fernandes and DVDB who will want to occupy the same space.

Said exactly the same on Twitter… like the Richarlison to spurs rumour it literally makes zero sense for player or club

• Like 1

Just now, Grebfromgrebland said:

Good enough for a stab at top 4

Reserve keeper 

’Past it’ winger whose played Italian league for a period going to struggle with pace of PL 

Unproven player never played in PL at right back 

Bissouma TV player for Brighton 

Thats me putting a negative spin on it. Only Perisic has a history of winning trophies and playing in the CL

9 hours ago, Wortho said:

Spurs might be signing Spence, Forster, Bissouma and Perisic for about £45m!!!

You’ve got to hand it to them, since they appointed their DOF, they have made some terrific signings and with the additions this summer, I can see them pushing for top 3! (Did I just say that!??).

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
10 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

Spurs actually doing good business is a bit depressing 

Players are going to Spurs for a. Money and b. Because they believe in Conte.

‘And they should. I think he’s a brilliant football manager unless he gets the hump and just pisses off lol

It does worry you to see how other teams are being backed and the deals that are being made. I don't know whether I trust us at the moment to go and get 2-3 signings over the line that will genuinely improve us and help close the gap from last year. Hope to be proven wrong, and of course, no guarantee that players signed at other clubs will do the business as we have seen before.

2 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

It does worry you to see how other teams are being backed and the deals that are being made. I don't know whether I trust us at the moment to go and get 2-3 signings over the line that will genuinely improve us and help close the gap from last year. Hope to be proven wrong, and of course, no guarantee that players signed at other clubs will do the business as we have seen before.

Also it is really hard to improve our first 11.

It's not like we have the funds to improve any of those positions apart from maybe goalkeeper and maybe RW. Who could we realistically afford who is better than we have?

As usual we're going to have to take a chance on players and hope they work out.

We must ensure anyone we buy has the right mentality to improve, be a winner and be able to cope with moving to Leicester.

We also have to sell players with 2 years left on their contracts if they're not making the right noises about extending their deals, however painful that is. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Wortho said:

Spurs might be signing Spence, Forster, Bissouma and Perisic for about £45m!!!

None of which make their first team. Three good backup options though.

It'll be interesting to see how Spence gets on with Conte. I think that'll end in tears personally.

23 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

It's not like we have the funds to improve any of those positions apart from maybe goalkeeper and maybe RW. Who could we realistically afford who is better than we have?

As usual we're going to have to take a chance on players and hope they work out.

We must ensure anyone we buy has the right mentality to improve, be a winner and be able to cope with moving to Leicester.

We also have to sell players with 2 years left on their contracts if they're not making the right noises about extending their deals, however painful that is. 

Its not realistic to actually bring in more than 1 or 2 players who improve our fully fit first team, but we have shown that we can't keep everyone full fit.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

None of which make their first team. Three good backup options though.

It'll be interesting to see how Spence gets on with Conte. I think that'll end in tears personally.

They might well be backup options but considerably better than Vestergaard and Betrand.

5 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Doubt we will. Be a few ‘clever’ signings by Rodgers the genius, that will all likely be shite. Just can’t see it. 

3 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

We need to improve the squad. Part of the problem last season is that so many squad players were just not at it. We've got good competition in our full back spots and arguably our striking spots but we don't have the same competition anywhere else on the pitch. 

Our biggest issue will be shifting squad players not good enough on stupidly high contracts, again poor decisions from upper management have left us struggling to make room in the squad. You'd have thought lessons would have been learned by now. 

36 minutes ago, Dames said:

We need to improve the squad. Part of the problem last season is that so many squad players were just not at it. We've got good competition in our full back spots and arguably our striking spots but we don't have the same competition anywhere else on the pitch. 

Our biggest issue will be shifting squad players not good enough on stupidly high contracts, again poor decisions from upper management have left us struggling to make room in the squad. You'd have thought lessons would have been learned by now. 

I feel the squad coverage is fine we need to address a couple of starting spots in a RW (shock horror been like that since Mahrez left) and a replacement for Youri… also sounds like a left footed cb is high on the wish list, if anything the squad will need cutting rather than building out with no European football the need for a large squad just isn’t there so I can imagine more outgoings than incomings which I’m fine with as it’s quality we need to be looking at this summer not quantity