Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcsnow

Other clubs transfer news

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

Devils advocate time - we are questioning the finances of Lingard and Forest but does anyone know how much Cambiasso was paid in our first season back up? Would be interesting to compare although football finances have evolved of course.

I see your point, but I also think even if it was an equivalently large sum, Cambiasso was a different class of player to Lingard, even towards the end of his career. I say that with the caveat that I can see Lingard doing well for Forest.

7 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Devils advocate time - we are questioning the finances of Lingard and Forest but does anyone know how much Cambiasso was paid in our first season back up? Would be interesting to compare although football finances have evolved of course.

No clue if true but this says he got £42k a week, and the link below says the average at the time was £33k

So still nothing quite as mad as Lingard

https://insidefutbol.com/2014/08/29/esteban-cambiasso-rejected-valencia-for-leicester-and-2m-per-year-pay-packet/157432/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3456453/Mind-gap-Premier-League-wages-soar-average-salaries-2014-15-season-1-7million-rest-creep-along.html

Edited by moore_94
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

It is but it's the precedent it sets. If I were Brennan Johnson I'd be straight on the phone to my agent asking for pay parity. Let's be honest no promoted club can sustainably afford such wages. I'd be amazed if they've managed to insert a relegation release clause, surely Lingard isn't that stupid that he'd accept that knowing full well they are one of the favourites for the drop and this is probably his last big contract. I think this move could send them the way of Derby. There's absolutely no guarantee he'll perform to the levels seen at WHU and Forest certainly don't have anywhere near the same calibre of players in the final third that WHU have. Very very risky move in my opinion. 

I'd be astonished if there isn't a relegation reduction clause in his contract, I don't know of any newly promoted team that haven't done this in recent years. Fair point on other players like Johnson, you'd not be amused. Villa did this too and have so far gotten away with it.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

That is absolutely astonishing bit I suppose if they'd offered him £100k a week for 3 years with a relegation release clause and wages reduction clause and £15m signing on fee that nobody would really bat an eyelid and yet its the same overall outlay.

Nail head the on the hit 

if they are relegated then they are selling an asset with two years left so will recoup most of what they’ve spent (if not more). 

if he keeps them up then it’s money well spent 

headline numbers are pretty meaningless on free transfers because we simply don’t understand how they’re structured re wages/s o fees 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, -sodapop said:

I see your point, but I also think even if it was an equivalently large sum, Cambiasso was a different class of player to Lingard, even towards the end of his career. I say that with the caveat that I can see Lingard doing well for Forest.

Thats a fair point, looking back its amazing we were able to get a player of his quality considering the profile of our club at the time.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd be astonished if there isn't a relegation reduction clause in his contract, I don't know of any newly promoted team that haven't done this in recent years. Fair point on other players like Johnson, you'd not be amused. Villa did this too and have so far gotten away with it.

I'd agree that you'd expect a clause but can't see why he'd take one. Last major contract, not sure why he'd take the risk of joining Forest over West Ham for an extra £10k a week after tax knowing there's a high probability that he'll most likely have to take a £150-170k drop in a year's time, just doesn't make sense. Not only that, if they do go down there's zero chance that anyone will offer him anywhere near £180k let alone £200k at the age of 30 especially as he'll most likely be under contract to Forest so any transfer would presumably involve a fee. Surely any sane person takes WHUs offer on a 2-3 year deal. 

Guest Col city fan
3 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

TikTok dancing their way back to the Championship. 

And, it would seem, crippling themselves into the bargain

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Brighton in for Florian Grillitsch

Decent player, I was hoping we would take a look at it him

Wouldn't exactly call it an audacious move though when he has had moves to Fiorentina and Galatasaray fall through already this summer

• Like 3

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Decent player, I was hoping we would take a look at it him

Wouldn't exactly call it an audacious move though when he has had moves to Fiorentina and Galatasaray fall through already this summer

I think any transfer tweet that features the word audacious does grab my interest way more than it should. lol

2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

200k a week on a 1 year deal 

So 10.4m in total.....

It's a massive risk especially for someone who hasn't played football really in a year 

A one year deal ?

that sounds like he wants to have a good season and then go as a free agent with a chunky s/o fee 

The details of the deal from forest’s pov looks very nuts  - some of what I’ve read seems ridiculous 

• Like 3

On 20/07/2022 at 14:26, Lambert09 said:

Just like Lingard tbh.  I think he is just as likely to go a season with about 2 goals as he is to doing what he did at west ham. Very much a form player, so theres a chance that with their tough start he struggles. 

Annoyingly they have given themselves a very good chance at staying up if they can get all the new additions to click. 

Lingard’s one  Decent season/ part season with W Ham has concealed the fact that he’s basically not very good and worth nothing like this sort of money signing on fee or not 

3 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Aren't Forest supposedly paying all of Henderson's wages as well? On loan so not going to get lumbered but still a lot of money to be paying 

Thats a supposed £310k a week on two players, their going $hit or bust.

6 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Thats a supposed £310k a week on two players, their going $hit or bust.

Plenty of money from the promotion so worth gamble for one year contracts/loans especially if they stay up. Hope they absolutely bomb and do terrible though! 

• Like 4