Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcsnow

Other clubs transfer news

Just now, Ric Flair said:

They chuffed up a fair amount last summer too. Spent years boasting that once their stadium was paid off they'd be able to blow other clubs out the water financially but waited until they were scrabbling around for 8th and 9th place finishes before they started wedging up.

We'll see if it's consistent. I still think their squad is extremely average and I don't understand people hyping them up, they just seem to be swallowing clickbait to be honest. I also don't particularly trust Kroenke to have the best sporting interests of the club at heart.

That said, he is on a roll with the Rams and the Avs so who knows? They're still a very long way off though.

The fact that we're technically the only team of the 5 big European Leagues that haven't signed a new player yet is bizarre. This team is like being in a parallel football universe since 2014: The great escape, PL winners, CL quarter finals, FA Cup winners, Charity Shield winners, semi final in a european league, Vardy's records and achievements, record breaking wins (0-9), record breaking amounts of injuries and I might be forgetting a few other milestones good and bad ones. 

That said, I can't wait for the next season. 😀

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Orel Mangala set to sign for Forest and also set to open talks with Ramsey after his release from Juve.

Every time I wake up it's like they've signed somebody else

They're putting Cooper under huge pressure with the wages they are paying out. They really are rolling the dice, and will need to see relative success to sustain this level of spending. If it goes wrong it'll be disastrous for them. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

True, the reward of qualifying for Europe only to be punished by having to comply to unrealistic rules is mitigated by extra income. Suppose the only question is does the rules relate to the year in which you are in Europe or once qualified the year just gone? 

It may have changed but it used to be over a rolling 3 year period I'm sure they done the FFP assessment.

26 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

It may have changed but it used to be over a rolling 3 year period I'm sure they done the FFP assessment.

It used to be with FFP but this wages to turnover nonsense might have changed it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

We'll see if it's consistent. I still think their squad is extremely average and I don't understand people hyping them up, they just seem to be swallowing clickbait to be honest. I also don't particularly trust Kroenke to have the best sporting interests of the club at heart.

That said, he is on a roll with the Rams and the Avs so who knows? They're still a very long way off though.

To be honest I've long stopped trying to judge whether teams have strong or weak squads as on paper I think many are stronger than they turn out to be. Momentum, mental strength and effectiveness seems to count more in recent years.

Arsenal have improved in some areas, made a few decent signings and Saka and ESR coming through are good players but they are still mentally very weak.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

To be honest I've long stopped trying to judge whether teams have strong or weak squads as on paper I think many are stronger than they turn out to be. Momentum, mental strength and effectiveness seems to count more in recent years.

I think that works in the bracket from like 4th to 9th where there generally isn't an enormous amount of difference between clubs. I think all of Arsenal, Tottenham, Leicester, Wolves, West Ham, probably Villa now, currently still United, Palace probably closing that gap - think we're all at fairly similar levels in terms of teams and the major differences between those teams are about the regimes managing/coaching them and, like you say, momentum and mentality.

I think your Liverpools and Man Citys are comfortably well and truly beyond the rest of that pack, though, and Chelsea SHOULD be but seem to be on a mission of self sabotaging at the moment. They have objectively more quality and the rest of the league just aren't really a threat to them and we all know that. My point is that that's the calibre Arsenal fans still think they're aiming for and they're really a long way off.

• Like 1

The age profile of Arsenal's signings is pretty good, lots of clubs trot out process driven drivel but they seem to be implementing it fairly well. We've had a better team than them for a while now but they've edged ahead of us again now imo.

They were in close contention for a top 4 spot after being naff for ages with a bloated squad on big wages (imagine that) and now they've made some smart additions. Arteta will know Zinchenko and Jesus' games inside out. Viera seems like he has a particularly high ceiling. Saka, ESR, Martinelli, Saliba, Tomiyasu et al are a very good young core of players.

2 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Orel Mangala set to sign for Forest and also set to open talks with Ramsey after his release from Juve.

Every time I wake up it's like they've signed somebody else

Reminds me of us under Sven. Signing some excellent individuals, but the old football cliche of it’s a team game.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
4 hours ago, GlennyFox55 said:

Ye since they appointed Edu in 2019 they have been going for it money wise. 

What they have done very well is to get rid of the very highly paid older players they had. 
They had to take a big hit apparently to pay some of them off, but they thought it would be the right thing to do long term. 
This has freed up wages (and team positions) for their younger players.

Whether this works or not…? We’ll see

But this is a big season for Arsenal I think 

Guest Col city fan
4 hours ago, glebe_sydneyfox said:

I think the signings Arse have made are very solid tbf. Particularly Zinchenko 

I think Zinchenko is a very under-rated player and a very good signing. 
I also think Gabriel Jesus will really shine at Arsenal.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Could be class but only had 1 half decent season so far so could easily be another Haller, you can never really be certain. I'd be happy though if I was a West Ham fan.

It’s a big risk. 

13 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I think that works in the bracket from like 4th to 9th where there generally isn't an enormous amount of difference between clubs. I think all of Arsenal, Tottenham, Leicester, Wolves, West Ham, probably Villa now, currently still United, Palace probably closing that gap - think we're all at fairly similar levels in terms of teams and the major differences between those teams are about the regimes managing/coaching them and, like you say, momentum and mentality.

I think your Liverpools and Man Citys are comfortably well and truly beyond the rest of that pack, though, and Chelsea SHOULD be but seem to be on a mission of self sabotaging at the moment. They have objectively more quality and the rest of the league just aren't really a threat to them and we all know that. My point is that that's the calibre Arsenal fans still think they're aiming for and they're really a long way off.

I think chelsea will be dropping to scrap with the rest of us rather than pushing the top 2. It hurts but it’s more spurs that will pull away imo.  

• Like 1

I like Scamacca and think he will do well for West Ham. Sad to see them address their problem areas whilst we are stuck with deadwood. At least with so many outgoings next summer we can expect a big refresh then, hopefully we can at least get Lookman back and a RW loan, and replace any other outgoings like Schmeichel/Soyuncu/Tielemans.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Forest are moving like me on Football Manager when you get promoted and sign about 20 new players lol

Ok so I was in the ‘they’ll **** this up’ camp but if they sort their midfield out they’re staying up

18 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Forest are moving like me on Football Manager when you get promoted and sign about 20 new players lol

They lost most of their first team after promotion in fairness, I was expecting to slow down after Lingard though… 

Forest are going to have a completely new squad by the time they're finished. I understand they had a lot of loans, but...that seems like a lot of players unfamiliar with the club and didn't contribute to their promotion. Feels odd.