Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcsnow

Other clubs transfer news

3 minutes ago, turlo said:

That’s a good signing that. Slightly jealous and slightly annoyed that Newcastle since the take over have done things the sensible way. I was hoping they’d implode and spunk money on fading names and egos 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Big_Nige said:

That’s a good signing that. Slightly jealous and slightly annoyed that Newcastle since the take over have done things the sensible way. I was hoping they’d implode and spunk money on fading names and egos 

He's the wrong type of centre back, not what we're looking for

Just now, Grebfromgrebland said:

Leeds will be ahead of us for CDK now. They have the cash to outbid us ready.

Let's see shall we...

For all we know the club already has a good idea what our outgoings will look like and what we can expect money-wise

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Let's see shall we...

For all we know the club already has a good idea what our outgoings will look like and what we can expect money-wise

I doubt it. They don't even know whether youri is staying or going.

6 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I doubt it. They don't even know whether youri is staying or going.

That is the issue we have. 

We’re in a bit of a pickle really! 

12 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

He's the wrong type of centre back, not what we're looking for

6.4, Good in the air, left footed. From what I’ve seen, which admittedly isn’t loads, he’s a very good defender. 

Im more jealous of the business they are doing, not necessarily who they are signing. Botman was a player out of our reach now regardless of if he’s right or wrong for us. Like I said, I hoped they’d implode, and they’ve been sensible which is beyond annoying

I think we can get by this season by trimming the squad a bit. 

Like @Ric Flairsays though, next season will be a major issue if we don’t sort some of these headaches out. 

We still have plenty of time left and I can see us picking up a few free transfers, as that’s a more sustainable model, as the King Power business will be set to take a hit if the world goes into a recession. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Leeds will be ahead of us for CDK now. They have the cash to outbid us ready.

unless they put a good chunk of that towards a Philips replacement like Sangare for 30 mill

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Sly said:

Are you not feeling him either? 

9 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

You're not desperate for CDK to come here! 

Don't you rate him?

I do rate him but I don't see where he fits in. Given its looking very unlikely that lots of squad changes are going to occur then the only real glaring weakness is RW and this lad does not play there comfortably.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I do rate him but I don't see where he fits in. Given its looking very unlikely that lots of squad changes are going to occur then the only real glaring weakness is RW and this lad does not play there comfortably.

Agree. 

I think with the squad changes, we could be set for a positive net spend again, as we look to balance the wages issue.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Looking more and more likely it's going to be 2-3 which mean it's probably lookman, a right winger and a centre half. Unless we get the lad from Rennes instead of Lookman due to his versatility and then another winger.

I still think we need another tall midfielder within that too.

The concern is clubs like Leeds are going to have cash now where we don't and it looks like we're being priced out.

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Looking more and more likely it's going to be 2-3 which mean it's probably lookman, a right winger and a centre half. Unless we get the lad from Rennes instead of Lookman due to his versatility and then another winger.

The concern is clubs like Leeds are going to have cash now where we don't and it looks like we're being priced out.

Leeds- cash yes but need a huge rebuild now, that's a championship squad 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I think we’re fishing in a different pond at the moment if I’m honest. 

We’ll be reviewing players based on stats and outputs, then gambling that they can reproduce that in the Premier League. 

We’ve had some relative success with this. Whilst having some howlers as well :ph34r:

Its the only sustainable approach we need to take, until We address the wages Vs turnover issue we have. 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
5 minutes ago, K789 said:

Leeds- cash yes but need a huge rebuild now, that's a championship squad 

Theyve got a good scouting system though. 

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Theyve got a good scouting system though. 

I’d suggest they’re not that dissimilar approach, albeit with a lesser wage bill so currently have more versatility this window. 

Leeds will regret selling Phillips as I got the sense he glued all those Championship players together and made them better with his leadership in the middle of the park.

That odd American coach has

got a big and challenging rebuild job on his hands now. Defo back them to go down next season.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I agree and it's a frightening prospect of us suddenly improving our ability to defend set pieces, so Rodgers is going to be under monumental pressure after promising to fix it.