Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcsnow

Other clubs transfer news

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, Gravel said:

West Ham have signed Areola on a permanent basis.

I've always considered him to be a bit of a tit.

😉

Apparently when he left his previous club they told him ‘thanks for the mammaries’

👍

Edited by Col city fan

Guest Chocolate Teapot
8 hours ago, Finnegan said:

:rolleyes:

Yeah OK, I'll bite. 

Guy is clearly well past his prime, has been struggling with injuries for years and his body is ready for retirement. 

His country hasn't qualified for a world cup since his dad was a kid, let alone his lifetime and he played a huge role in that - which has been his life's #1 dream. 

He wants to extend his career and give himself the best possible chance of being fit to play out there. 

On top of the fact he's quite openly spoke of his fondness for the West Coast and deserves a chance at enjoying a last stint playing, the MLS runs til mid/late October which is pretty much perfect for him to get a few games in to get some match sharpness back and build up his confidence in a playing environment on which he should be more than comfortable and then be fit for the WC. 

Probably pretty good acclimation for a WC in an extremely hot country, too. 

Seems pretty sensible all round tbh.

Oh & his many mates will be waiting for him when he gets back. 

_125283732_walesceleb.jpg

Only thing that's really pathetic is the weird English fans that have never gotten over the fact the best British player of his generation was Welsh and have been desperate for him to fail since he first went to Madrid. 

Complex much?

9 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Seems to me like the ‘big 6’ (+ maybe Newcastle) are trying to distance themselves from the rest this Summer. Some serious money looking like it might be spent.

All a bit depressing really...

Guest Col city fan
5 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

All a bit depressing really...

The precursor to a European super league.

I’m sure it’ll happen at some point

15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Newcastle deal for Ekitike collapses. 

There were sounds of PSG wanting him and that would have shat all over Newcastle's interest as a no brainer but the PSG rumour sounds like BS from the agent to drive up interest or value.

48 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Newcastle deal for Ekitike collapses. 

Hope the club fails to reach its objectives; only because of their Saudi regime-oriented owners (note that their third kit is now green and white..).

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
11 hours ago, Jaspa said:

We say this every summer; big six always spend tonnes of money, then Villa & Everton extra hard too, yet we've still been competitive.

Any thread discussing other football clubs on this forum is panic and paranoia.

9 minutes ago, Phenom said:

It’s amazing how they’ve gone from the oldest side in the Prem under Roy to one of the sides with the most exciting youth talent in a couple of summers.

Amazing what a brave recruiting strategy can do. Hope we continue with ours. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Phenom said:

It’s amazing how they’ve gone from the oldest side in the Prem under Roy to one of the sides with the most exciting youth talent in a couple of summers.

I rate it and they have a likeable manager in Vieira. I hope they do well (though not to our expense).

• Like 1

So sounds like Fulham are getting shafted by Jorge Mendes as the agent (???) of Palhinha as he is demanding 2m €’s from some other agent who is representing Pahlinha in the sale to Fulham. As clearly Mendes is keen to sell him to Wolves. Dirty arse business.

Edit - Seems Mendes is charging Pahlinha’s current club Sporting this 2m actually. 

:nigel:

Edited by Dahnsouff

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

Palace are becoming fvcking annoying :( 

I agree re. Palace making some very strong signings. Although worth remembering they will be minus Conor Gallagher this season who was their best player last season. And looking down their player list there’s not many I’d take here, but definitely on the right trajectory. Also benefit from having that London pull but, still able to offer exciting young players game time. 

We should still be able to rival them for signatures with our facilities, impending stadium expansion and recent history ie. 5 top 10 finishes in a row, FA Cup and European campaigns which Palace can only dream of at the minute 

Edited by Foxes96
Additional Para