Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcsnow

Other clubs transfer news

4 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

I agree re. Palace making some very strong signings. Although worth remembering they will be minus Conor Gallagher this season who was their best player last season. And looking down their player list there’s not many I’d take here, but definitely on the right trajectory. Also benefit from having that London pull but, still able to offer exciting young players game time. 

We should still be able to rival them for signatures with our facilities, impending stadium expansion and recent history ie. 5 top 10 finishes in a row, FA Cup and European campaigns which Palace can only dream of at the minute 

Andersen, Guehi, Eze & Olise would have been ideal signings for us, add Ebiowei & now Doucoure this summer too.

They’ve done pretty well replacing some of their older guard with younger talent, will be interesting to see how they replace Gallagher though if Chelsea decide to keep him.

Think having Vieira as manager is decent pulling power too, same with Gerrard at Villa, players nowadays grew up watching them, no doubt numerous players would be interested in playing under them.

• Like 3

Chelsea also close to agreeing a fee with Leeds for Raphinha apparently. So if that Neymar rumour has any legs, they'd have Sterling, Raphinha and Neymar. That's some new forward line, jesus.

Edited by CloudFox

The wages of Kasper, Youri, Ndidi, Vardy, Evans, added to relatively recent new deals for Ricardo, Barnes and KDH may be factors into our transfer dealings. While we were able to grow, we could sign players and hand out deals in order to meet the new FFP ceiling that consistent Premier League football could provide. Regularly selling players for big sums will also have helped.

Some clubs who have stagnated for a bit are now having a renaissance after clearing out some of the older and higher earners in their squad (e.g. Palace). Brighton have a bit of a blend and have supplemented their squad after selling the likes of Ben White.

Southampton may well be the next club to haveba rebirth if they get their recruitment right. They've been decent at times and utterly woeful at others, but they've managed to survive in the PL while going through a stagnant period in terms of inspiring signings. The Livramento signing and Broja loan are signs they might be sparking back into life again.

As dull as it sounds, perhaps we need to accept that we might be at the end of a cycle and that some of our players on huge wages need to leave and be replaced by younger, hungrier players who have been scouted well and are basically able to be paid less than they're really worth. As callous as it sounds, and as brilliant as Kasper has been, replacing him with Iversen is the easy option there. However, you do lose experience he provides. It would be a huge risk. But Iversen is talented and highly regarded. A good start to the season would put any apprehensions to bed quickly.

Long-term, replacing Vardy with Daka as first-choice #9 is another we can do but we'd need a new backup.

In hindsight, letting Youri go last summer would've been the best idea for this kind of strategy. We could've then afforded an up-and-coming replacement. After Madison's best season, we could've then afforded to sell and replace him this summer. But now we can't as we'd be so weak creatively without him because Tielemans is probably going to depart on the cheap.

As it is, we're a little scuppered and so a 'rebuild' is on the cards. The downside with that is that making too many changes at once can result in relegation even for a really talented group of players.

It's a nervy time. And I do think we dropped a bollock last summer in terms of not cashing in on at least one big player. As it is, though, we probably did need them to push us over the line because of injuries. And our current squad is probably good enough to mount a European challenge again with a little tweaking. I do think we need a cash injection from somewhere though. It'll be interesting to see when our sponsorships are up for renewal on the ground, shirt, official partners, etc.

Intriguing times ahead.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Isn’t he on a ridiculous salary?? £120K a week or something? 

Perhaps, but it is better to pay part of that and have someone cover the rest surely? Maybe loan with obligation? 

12 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Chelsea also close to agreeing a fee with Leeds for Raphinha apparently. So if that Neymar rumour has any legs, they'd have Sterling, Raphinha and Neymar. That's some new forward line, jesus.

That ones Arsenal bound...

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Raphina to Chelsea now looking likely also linked with Sterling. Got to fund that somehow, ziyech will likely leave. 

But we can take Colwill of their hands for a fee :D

This could start a domino effect involving our targets!

Unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

'Like what CHO doing?' Or 'what CHO talkin about bwoy?'

Been in the pub this afternoon fyi

You hide it well (Winston, turns out it’s Willis, but in my memory of Different Strokes, it was Winston)

Or perhaps I am having a Different Strokes / Castaway crossover, or it is I who have been to the pub.  :dunno:

Edited by Dahnsouff

Feels like most of the ‘big teams’ are buying known quantities ahead of a World Cup where players need the ‘big club’ tag. Not seeing any wild cards or decent scouting from any of them. That’s where I’d hope we get some joy. Much like what Palace and Saints are doing. 

Southampton close to signing Romeo Lavia from Man City, another fantastic young academy player. I really do like the type of business Martin Glover seems to have spearheaded there and in light of the significant squad changes we are likely to see in the next 2 summers, it's hopefully an insight in to what we'll look to do.

• Like 3