Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcsnow

Other clubs transfer news

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

And here's ours ...   :(

IMG_8435.jpg

Chelsea, United, Brentford & Fulham all on the verge of signings as well. Not sure about the other two but does feel like we are still stuck on the starting blocks whilst everyone else is on their way to the finish line lol

Edited by EnderbyFox

Boy oh boy, some clubs are really tooling up for the season ahead. Let's just hope they are buying tools. Well in the case of Richarlison there's no doubt about it (he's a 1st class tool) but  you know what I mean. 

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Surprised Richarlison has only gone for £50m, isn't that pretty much what Everton paid for him?

They are similar to us in that they need to sell before they can make signings, albeit in a worse position with their squad as a whole, with Richarlison making it clear he wants to move, they probably see it as clearing the books to freshen up the squad. 

20 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

They are similar to us in that they need to sell before they can make signings, albeit in a worse position with their squad as a whole, with Richarlison making it clear he wants to move, they probably see it as clearing the books to freshen up the squad. 

Yeah true, the add ons will likely be another £10m + so I suppose its about fair. He'll be a huge loss to them, he's the only one really who's turned up for them repeatedly.

21 hours ago, KFS said:

Feels like most of the ‘big teams’ are buying known quantities ahead of a World Cup where players need the ‘big club’ tag. Not seeing any wild cards or decent scouting from any of them. That’s where I’d hope we get some joy. Much like what Palace and Saints are doing. 

It is time to introduce a salary cap or limits a club can spend each season. It’s becoming a joke when basically the rich clubs can buy trophies, top 6 league positions by buying the most expensive players for each position. It is so unfair and the gap is widening between the likes of LCFC and others who can never compete while no rules exist. The end result of every season (except one) is now so predictable knowing almost for certain the PL champion each season will be one of the top 6 clubs. Time for change !

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

It is time to introduce a salary cap or limits a club can spend each season. It’s becoming a joke when basically the rich clubs can buy trophies, top 6 league positions by buying the most expensive players for each position. It is so unfair and the gap is widening between the likes of LCFC and others who can never compete while no rules exist. The end result of every season (except one) is now so predictable knowing almost for certain the PL champion each season will be one of the top 6 clubs. Time for change !

It's very difficult to see any change in the status quo.  It's just an extension of crony capitalism and runs far deeper than football.  The odd freak event like LCFC winning the title is useful for hiding systemic issues.  Same when the odd person comes from nothing and manages to make a few million.  The system works! But it doesn't because in the vast majority of cases the rich get richer the poor stay poor.  The club's at the top of the tree have no intention of loosening the their grip.  And they will argue that in most cases they generate most of the revenue commercially so why should they be hamstrung by spending limits etc?  Not that I agree necessarily but let's face it change looks highly unlikely.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah true, the add ons will likely be another £10m + so I suppose its about fair. He'll be a huge loss to them, he's the only one really who's turned up for them repeatedly.

Not always in accounting terms, Swiss Ramble explain how clubs write of these sort of losses.

He did an example with the ex-Manchester City player Robinho sale. 

“[H]e was bought for £32.5 million in September 2008 on a four-year contract, so annual amortisation was £8.1 million. He was sold after two years, so cumulative amortisation was £16.2 million, leaving a value of £16.3m in the books. Sale price to Milan is reported as £18 million, so City will report a profit on sale of £1.7 million in the 2010/11 accounts. Therefore, City will show an annual profit improvement of £18.1 million after this deal: £8.3 million lower wages + £8.1 million lower amortisation + £1.7 million profit on sale.”

This demonstrates how clubs write-off the transfer value of a player over the life-time of their contract and also illuminates that because Robinho was worth £16.3m two years into his four year deal, Manchester City actually made an accounting profit on his transfer of £1.7m. Fans would see the sale of a player for £18m bought two years previously for £32.5m as bad business. The club in their accounts will class it as a £18.1m profit improvement.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Not always in accounting terms, Swiss Ramble explain how clubs write of these sort of losses.

“[H]e was bought for £32.5 million in September 2008 on a four-year contract, so annual amortisation was £8.1 million. He was sold after two years, so cumulative amortisation was £16.2 million, leaving a value of £16.3m in the books. Sale price to Milan is reported as £18 million, so City will report a profit on sale of £1.7 million in the 2010/11 accounts. Therefore, City will show an annual profit improvement of £18.1 million after this deal: £8.3 million lower wages + £8.1 million lower amortisation + £1.7 million profit on sale.”

This demonstrates how clubs write-off the transfer value of a player over the life-time of their contract and also illuminates that because Robinho was worth £16.3m two years into his four year deal, Manchester City actually made an accounting profit on his transfer of £1.7m. Fans would see the sale of a player for £18m bought two years previously for £32.5m as bad business. The club in their accounts will class it as a £18.1m profit improvement.

I meant he'll be a huge loss as a player to them. He's been the only one who's done any good in the last year or more.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Very illuminating thank you! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I meant he'll be a huge loss as a player to them. He's been the only one who's done any good in the last year or more.

Sorry thought you meant financial, from an FFP move it's good business.

On the pitch, it makes them very dependent on DCL. 

I think in the current position they had to sell one to balance the books.

Guest Col city fan
2 hours ago, taupe said:

Boy oh boy, some clubs are really tooling up for the season ahead. Let's just hope they are buying tools. Well in the case of Richarlison there's no doubt about it (he's a 1st class tool) but  you know what I mean. 

Levy is finally backing Conte.

I expect Man City to win the league again because Haaland is a fookin machine! But Spurs will be in the mix I think. 
I predict a tough season for Leicester in the forthcoming campaign

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Levy is finally backing Conte.

I expect Man City to win the league again because Haaland is a fookin machine! But Spurs will be in the mix I think. 
I predict a tough season for Leicester in the forthcoming campaign

Depends how you define tough. I think if we can keep everyone fit we will be in or around 7th with only 1 or 2 signings.

completely agree about spurs.

Edited by teblin

Guest Col city fan
31 minutes ago, teblin said:

Depends how you define tough. I think if we can keep everyone fit we will be in or around 7th with only 1 or 2 signings.

completely agree about spurs.

Man City

Liverpool

Chelsea

Spurs

Arsenal

Man Utd

West Ham

Newcastle 

I think the highest realistically we could get is 9th

But then Palace have strengthened, Villa have strengthened, Everton will spend now they’ve sold Richardson 

Yeah, I think we’ll struggle this season personally 

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Man City

Liverpool

Chelsea

Spurs

Arsenal

Man Utd

West Ham

Newcastle 

I think the highest realistically we could get is 9th

But then Palace have strengthened, Villa have strengthened, Everton will spend now they’ve sold Richardson 

Yeah, I think we’ll struggle this season personally 

We can compete with the lower 3-4 teams on that list if we have a good season, but yeah top 10 is going to as hard as it has ever been this season by the looks of it 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Richarlison at Spurs is a big gamble for Konte and tbh I'm quite surprised. This guy has major disciplinary issues and he might be a Delle Alli 2.0 for Spurs. If Konte has full control now on transfers this signing is bizarre. 

Lobbing potentially 60m at a player when you’ve already got a front 3 of Kane Son and Kulusevski with players like Moura in reserve also make it look like a strange outlay! I guess it’s a little like us going out and buying a rb for 40m