Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcsnow

Other clubs transfer news

3 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

dean henderson seems a bad deal to me. 

Samba was looking like a solid option for them and they’ve lost the chance to get garner in on loan. Plus they haven’t really upgraded in the keeper department.   A year on the bench could really mean we see a different henderson completely.

Im guessing they will be signing Garner but at what cost.  :dunno:

im certain they will look back and regret not giving samba an extra 30k

Samba has refused a new contract so he’s their Youri. They’re going to cash in on him this summer which is fair enough. 

19 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Samba has refused a new contract so he’s their Youri. They’re going to cash in on him this summer which is fair enough. 

I think it sounded like they were offered a pretty insulting contract. They tried pleading for them to make it right his brother/agent even posted it publicly but they decided they rather get henderson 

26 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Something is up. It’s literally a year to the day we signed Soumare and had already signed Daka by then too. And both players we knew about in advance. 

I suspect the “something” is a lack of cash and we need to sell before buying but still have Soyuncu and Tielemans at the club, who would bring in the major funds.

All that said I don’t think we are that desperate to strengthen because we have no European football. If the season started tomorrow then with a fully fit Fofana, Evans, Justin, Ndidi, Ricardo, Vardy and Castagne we already have a team that can push top 6/7, depending on Tielemans form. KDH didn’t even start in the first team last time round and I wouldn’t underestimate his impact from the off because he is a high energy player. 

Don’t get me wrong I want to see us sign players, mainly to freshen it up. I’d love to see a marquee signing that comes into the first team to give it a kick up the arse. But we do actually have a good team and even have good options in Daka and Soyuncu on the bench. Even Perez for as maligned as he is has proven to be a good option off the bench. 

Schmeichel

Ricardo  Evans   Fofana   Castagne

Tielemans   Ndidi    Dewsbury-Hall

Maddison               Barnes

Vardy

^ This is a strong team! With Soyucnu, Daka, Iheahacho, Albrighton, Justin, Thomas, Mendy, Perez on the bench. It could and should be improved, especially with the 5 subs rule this season, but for a 38 game league season plus League and FA Cup runs, that is a decent squad. As it stands I prefer our starting 11 to Arsenal or Man United, even though I like Arsenal's signings a lot.

I love how your post points out both the positive and negative situation of our currently reality mate yet actually made me slightly more optimistic than I previously was.

I don’t want to sound like a doom and gloom merchant but do feel last season was probably the start of our transition period after two absolutely fantastic years (albeit frustrating finishes obviously minus the FA cup).

I just hope our players who clearly have the talent have some luck this season with injuries and that physically and mentally they grow after showing the rest of the league that we’re hopefully not a flash in the pan.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Something is up. It’s literally a year to the day we signed Soumare and had already signed Daka by then too. And both players we knew about in advance. 

I suspect the “something” is a lack of cash and we need to sell before buying but still have Soyuncu and Tielemans at the club, who would bring in the major funds.

All that said I don’t think we are that desperate to strengthen because we have no European football. If the season started tomorrow then with a fully fit Fofana, Evans, Justin, Ndidi, Ricardo, Vardy and Castagne we already have a team that can push top 6/7, depending on Tielemans form. KDH didn’t even start in the first team last time round and I wouldn’t underestimate his impact from the off because he is a high energy player. 

Don’t get me wrong I want to see us sign players, mainly to freshen it up. I’d love to see a marquee signing that comes into the first team to give it a kick up the arse. But we do actually have a good team and even have good options in Daka and Soyuncu on the bench. Even Perez for as maligned as he is has proven to be a good option off the bench. 

Schmeichel

Vardy

^ This is a strong team! With Soyucnu, Daka, Iheahacho, Albrighton, Justin, Thomas, Mendy, Perez on the bench. It could and should be improved, especially with the 5 subs rule this season, but for a 38 game league season plus League and FA Cup runs, that is a decent squad. As it stands I prefer our starting 11 to Arsenal or Man United, even though I like Arsenal's signings a lot.

You're completely right Strider, thank you for injecting some positivity. I think we're all starting to despair a bit, but what you say is true. The only caveat is that we have a weaker squad than we did just a few months ago, purely because we've lost Lookman (even if just for now).

• Like 2

Nail hit on the head @StriderHiryu

This ever evolving squad thing, is a bit of a myth. 

If the players we have are the best we’re going to get, then we don’t make transfer, for transfer sake. 

• Like 1

So far this summer it just continues the feeling of the last 18 months that we are very much a club on the slide.

Unless something drastic happens it strongly looks as if the club has decided to not back Rodgers.   To be honest I wouldn't blame them.  Especially with the global economy on a massive slide.

He's one of the best paid managers in world football.  Earn it and get more funding in January or next year. 

Makes sense in my own head anyway.

52 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Totally agree with the part I've put in bold. Mental resilience is the thing we need to develop, especially among the younger players. I find it weird that we choke so much because players like Schmeichel, Vardy and Evans are used to operating under pressure. Two of them plus Albrighton never folded during the title winning year when the pressure was on! I hope we see KDH blossom this season to become captain material. Fofana I have to say impresses me with his mental strength, I think he has much better character than Soyuncu and him learning English is a welcome surprise!

I'm a glass half full kind of a person! lol

My one caveat would be that we might have reached the end of the road mentally for some players. A bit like relationships in real life, sometimes things run their course and it's time to move on. Players who that might be true for are Tielemans and Soyuncu, and only Tielemans is a starter now. It might even be true for the manager - the average coaching tenure in the league is 18 months and Rodgers has done more than twice that now. But that's the emergency option given we still have a strong squad with quality players.

Personally I think if if we "only" signed Levi Colwill and just one of Charles De Ketelaere / Noni Madueke I'd be really excited. We'd have a strong team, a really promising up and coming CB and some extra sauce off the bench / the first team. If we don't sign anyone it will feel stale but we still have a good team as previously mentioned. And we all know we will sign someone, even if it's just another Lookman style loan for the season signing.

If Tielemans stays but does not sign another contract then that is an awkward situation because we won't have the funds to get the replacement that ideally we would bring in now so they can bed in ahead of playing next season. But it wouldn't be the end of the world. People say that Youri played like he couldn't be arsed, but that's not true. He always plays to win and does care, it's just that when he's bad, he's awful. Something Monaco fans warned us of!

Let's just hope that in the Sevilla game for our last friendly that someone doesn't take out one of our star players again!

Add Schmeichel & Iheanacho to that very short list @StriderHiryu. I'd like to see at least 3 of those 4 leave this summer, legend or no. But we need buyers, as many on here have pointed out.

So 3 'big' names out, 4-5 others, and 4-5 incomings would do me...

• Like 2

We can't afford to do anything until we get rid of some of the huge amounts of shite in our squad. 

That and we have no head of recruitment and a manager with an abysmal transfer record. 

But mainly a massive, bloated squad of average players on massive wages. 

1 hour ago, Sly said:

Nail hit on the head @StriderHiryu

This ever evolving squad thing, is a bit of a myth. 

If the players we have are the best we’re going to get, then we don’t make transfer, for transfer sake. 

But BR was saying earlier in the season 

“'But you always need new hunger and quality in the team. Hopefully we can do that. Physicality is an area we need to look at and any team needs to have goals from different areas of the field. That is definitely something we need to target in the summer.'”

So if we didn’t end up with shite or nothing inspiring it would be hugely disappointing 

4 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Totally agree with the part I've put in bold. Mental resilience is the thing we need to develop, especially among the younger players. I find it weird that we choke so much because players like Schmeichel, Vardy and Evans are used to operating under pressure. Two of them plus Albrighton never folded during the title winning year when the pressure was on! I hope we see KDH blossom this season to become captain material. Fofana I have to say impresses me with his mental strength, I think he has much better character than Soyuncu and him learning English is a welcome surprise!

I'm a glass half full kind of a person! lol

My one caveat would be that we might have reached the end of the road mentally for some players. A bit like relationships in real life, sometimes things run their course and it's time to move on. Players who that might be true for are Tielemans and Soyuncu, and only Tielemans is a starter now. It might even be true for the manager - the average coaching tenure in the league is 18 months and Rodgers has done more than twice that now. But that's the emergency option given we still have a strong squad with quality players.

Personally I think if if we "only" signed Levi Colwill and just one of Charles De Ketelaere / Noni Madueke I'd be really excited. We'd have a strong team, a really promising up and coming CB and some extra sauce off the bench / the first team. If we don't sign anyone it will feel stale but we still have a good team as previously mentioned. And we all know we will sign someone, even if it's just another Lookman style loan for the season signing.

If Tielemans stays but does not sign another contract then that is an awkward situation because we won't have the funds to get the replacement that ideally we would bring in now so they can bed in ahead of playing next season. But it wouldn't be the end of the world. People say that Youri played like he couldn't be arsed, but that's not true. He always plays to win and does care, it's just that when he's bad, he's awful. Something Monaco fans warned us of!

Let's just hope that in the Sevilla game for our last friendly that someone doesn't take out one of our star players again!

Strider, what’s the message the players take away when the manager publicly states that the squad needs to be turned over and then no major changes are made (if that winds up being the case)?  Not a very positive one, I would argue.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Strider, what’s the message the players take away when the manager publicly states that the squad needs to be turned over and then no major changes are made (if that winds up being the case)?  Not a very positive one, I would argue.

Ask that question in TWO MONTHS when the transfer window actually closes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Schmeichel

Vardy

We have to act this window or we’re looking at potentially replacing 4 monumental (Vardy, Schmeichel, Youri, Soyuncu) figures next window while no money coming in from any of them. 

Our expectations with our current squad souls be to finish from anywhere from 7-10 and if we don’t act this window we should not expect to finish that high if/when we rebuild our squad.

39 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Ask that question in TWO MONTHS when the transfer window actually closes. 

What part of "if that winds up being the case" was unclear?

The context here is a reply to Strider's post, which postulated that things were basically fine even with no major additions.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BlueSi13 said:

So far this summer it just continues the feeling of the last 18 months that we are very much a club on the slide.

Were you really expecting us to move forwards when we were finishing 5th and battling it out for Champions league spots. There are a few very simple reasons why that was always highly unlikely to happen, but people live in la la land and won't have it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I’d agree it’s not positive. But it impacts the fans more than the players. 

Don’t get me wrong, there is 100% a scenario where we start the season badly, the fans get on Rodgers back and he gets booted. And I could see Rodgers getting the hump because he wasn’t backed in that scenario too. 

But still on paper the squad is a very decent one. Liverpool bounced back after a season hit by injuries pretty well, though it definitely helped to sign Konate and Diaz! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Were you really expecting us to move forwards when we were finishing 5th and battling it out for Champions league spots. There are a few very simple reasons why that was always highly unlikely to happen, but people live in la la land and won't have it.

I get what you mean and I have at times let my passion get the better of me with our aspirations BUT from a transfer perspective we haven’t had enough hits in the past few windows which has to be looked at as a huge reason a lot of fans fear the worst or as I said previously walk into a transition period that breaks our mentality of “disrupting the top 6” aka Rodgers own words.

I know it’s all finance related but I genuinely hope we finally start shifting a bit of deadwood and make one statement signing (who does a Kante/Fofana and kicks on straight away) to stop the rut so to speak.

22 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

I get what you mean and I have at times let my passion get the better of me with our aspirations BUT from a transfer perspective we haven’t had enough hits in the past few windows which has to be looked at as a huge reason a lot of fans fear the worst or as I said previously walk into a transition period that breaks our mentality of “disrupting the top 6” aka Rodgers own words.

I know it’s all finance related but I genuinely hope we finally start shifting a bit of deadwood and make one statement signing (who does a Kante/Fofana and kicks on straight away) to stop the rut so to speak.

I think this 'rut' as you call it, is in fact a channel we must remain in until our clear ambitions with youth development come to fruition. It clear we cannot compete financially with the big 6 and (it should be noted) those that carry the financial baggage we don`t, let alone those who don`t seem to care

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

I think this 'rut' as you call it, is in fact a channel we must remain in until our clear ambitions with youth development come to fruition. It clear we cannot compete financially with the big 6 and (it should be noted) those that carry the financial baggage we don`t, let alone those who don`t seem to care

Got to love how you word things mate (kudos) and not even in disagreement just not sure that our clear ambitions with youth  development differ from other clubs look at what Palace have done in recent windows, Saints picked up Livramento (granted we didn’t need another FB) who is going to be quality IMO.

I was merely referring to Rodgers own narrative of disrupting the big 6 but think we’ll have to agree to disagree.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SafewayFox said:

Got to love how you word things mate (kudos) and not even in disagreement just not sure that our clear ambitions with youth  development differ from other clubs look at what Palace have done in recent windows, Saints picked up Livramento (granted we didn’t need another FB) who is going to be quality IMO.

I was merely referring to Rodgers own narrative of disrupting the big 6 but think we’ll have to agree to disagree.

To be fair, I did not intend to make the point in defence of Rodgers, I have no idea what he is talking about most of the time, and long since stopped putting any stock by his shiny friendly rhetoric. Do not believe this makes him a bad manager, nor a bad person, his choice of words is a little too pat for me.

I meant to suggest that the training ground, would suggest we want to develop rather than purchase young talent.   

• Like 1